By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo’s Taiwan Office To Close Down End Of May

Both my favourite companies, Sony and Nintendo are together in a financial crisis. This might be the happiest day in my entire life! I hope they come through and become really good friends.

Around the Network
He-Man said:
Both my favourite companies, Sony and Nintendo are together in a financial crisis. This might be the happiest day in my entire life! I hope they come through and become really good friends.

Nintendo only money issue is having a shitload of it. They are not going away in our lifetimes

RavenXtra said:

I was under the impression that the eased restrictions on game console sales in China was due to some kind of agreement in Hong Kong. After looking it up it seems to be Shanghai, not HK.

Though I still think its a good idea to consolidate the two offices. The regions aren't too far apart and Nintendo of Hong Kong can probably target Chinese consumers better and still provide service to Taiwan as well.

Yeah, HK isn't under the full authority of the Chinese Government, they don't even speak or write the same Chinese. HK is actually the most free country in the world, economically speaking, very little is banned or restricted.