By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ready At Dawn: The Order ‘A Huge Commercial Risk

toot1231 said:

dood its diferntt i sware

Enlighten us with your knowledge. When did you play the game? Was it at least the first 20 minutes?

420 yolo swagscope 360

yea i have played it. it sucks. worst than the last of us. if you can believe that

Wow very nice you're one lucky guy to have played it!

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:

Theres nothing risky about a shooter... aslong as you make a good game.

I think the Order looks different enough from the others to gain a space. It definitly looks like Sony's Gears of War... and to me it looks alot more interesting, if not only for not including all the american war clichés that Gears uses and i cant stand.

Not my kind of game though.

Because every shooter is a smash success right?

I recommend reading more than 6 words before you comment. You never know when they are gonna retort your remark.

I am excited for this game yet I am disappointed it won't have any multiplayer. I didn't think Uncharted 2 needed multiplayer until I tried it and it became my favorite MP game, the only one I ever committed to for a decent amount of time.

The game can still be a success with only single player if it is at least 10hrs long, and they continue to support the game with single player Story DLC (ala TLoU).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

they need to ditch that new weird resolution they want to implement(big black bars), if not I can guarantee that people are not going to be happy with it, still we need to know more about the Order so we can speculate if the game is going to be a success or not, for example Infamous SS from the very beginning I saw the trailer I knew it was going to be a success, I can mostly say the same for the Order 1866 but since the announce that cinematic experience huge black bars now I'm skeptical. :/

Nevertheless the game looks stunning already. 

petroleo said:

they need to ditch that new weird resolution they want to implement(big black bars), if not I can guarantee that people are not going to be happy with it, still we need to know more about the Order so we can speculate if the game is going to be a success or not, for example Infamous SS from the very beginning I saw the trailer I knew it was going to be a success, I can mostly say the same for the Order 1866 but since the announce that cinematic experience huge black bars now I'm skeptical. :/

Nevertheless the game looks stunning already. 

Beyond Two Souls had black bars but no one even noticed. Only difference is that they didn't advertise it as their "artistic direction". Its really not going to be that big of a deal for most, especially now once the action is going on.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
CommonNinja said:

A third person shooter is not exactly what I would call  'A Huge Commercial Risk'.  

I think a game like Quantum Break is taking a much bigger risk as it will be the first game to incorperate an actual TV show with the game, and according to remedy, different choices you make in the game actually affect how the TV show episodes play out.To me, that is much more risky than something like The Order 1886 as it has never been done before.  

The Order looks like a mix between Bioshock (with the wierd alterd history stuff), and Gears of War (with the 3rd person mechanics).  Hope it turns out great, but all in all, I think that dudes shooting other dudes with lightning guns is a fairly safe route.

Quantum Break is just a third person shooter with extra long live action cutscenes. There were a bunch of titles that did that in the mid 90s. Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger for example had 3 hours of live action scenes with hollywood actors (including Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell) complete with branching plot in 1994, calling it a TV show doesn't make it a new idea. Whether people actually want to watch half hour of live action FMV cutscenes between gameplay sections in this day and age is the questionmark over Quantum Break.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

As far as risks go... shooters with a 1st party push are generally not a big risk.

However, I think no online play is a bad move.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Slade6alpha said:
I thought this was a first party Sony owned studio and IP?
With that said, wouldn't Sony be the ones incurring risk, not the developer?

Sony owns the IP, but not ready at dawn.

with that said, of course sony are taking a risk, but so are ready at dawn, if The Order fails financially, RaD can suffer huge layoffs, or even close down, you never know. this is there shot at the big AAA tittles, and there is a risk doing that. 

phantom0 said:
lol a dude bro shooter with typical cover shooter mechanic. SUCH RISK

It is, look at FUSE.

EB1994 said:

Lol at these kids thinking making a AAA shooter guarantees you success. Not to mention the fact that this shooter has no multiplayer. ..it is a HUGE risk, especially releasing it on a console with such a low userbase

Low userbase? Well, yes, it's an early-in-the-gen game. Which also means that people who are already in the userbase don't have that much to choose from so this is no real argument. Early games can easily sell well.