By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Molyneux: Kinect “Feels More and More Like a Joke"

Zappykins said:
kowenicki said:
A bitter old man that nobody cares about any more. I guess that can be hard to take.

He is flat out lying in this.

"saying random things and it doesn't work" erm... well yeah of course, its not human Peter.

He really is scrabbling around for attention now isn't he.

That's my take too.

Makes me wonder how much he really deserves credit for the games he 'made.'  Seems more like perhapse there were some super talented behind the scenes people who perhapse deserve the honors.

Also, this is the same guy who worked in Milo ?

Did you read the post you just wrote man? o.O

Just because he is questioning the bundling of the Kinect and its value (which EVERYBODY is doing) you are doubting the role he played in the games he made? Are you serious?

Molyneux might talk a lot of shit (hes been doing it for years!) but i dont think any gamer would doubt hes contribution to the industry over the years. I mean he played "the" lead role in the fable series and played a big part in the god games genre. I mean he helped build a genre...not many people in the industry can claim that. Hes prestige has waned over time but surely that has no bearing on hes past achievements.

I guess if Kojima talks some shit about the Kinect next week...we should all start doubting the role he played in the Metal Gear series...i mean thats some amazing logic right there...

Come on!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Wow at the personal attacks being thrown at Molyneux simply because of hes view on the Kinect. That's seriously fucked up.

This is a guy who is probably one of the most passionate game makers around and has really forward thinking ideas...hes also done a lot for the industry.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Wright said:

He's still a genius. What change of concept?

Talking about people detracting him when They previously worshipped him. About him the only thing tha, changed is that he no longer work for MS and it seems to affect some people opinion, like in bungie case. Never played game from any of them and always tough pm was an over promissing , over hyping big mouth baffon. Just don't know why just now some people changed opinion since pm is being the same he always have been.

And about lack of creativity, maybe fable 2, 3 and kinect enabled was result of him being forced on milk.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This guy suffers from diarrhea of the mouth.

for once i actually agree with him

Around the Network

I guess people just choose when and where they want to trust Molyneux or not. He says Kinect is a joke and not worthwhile for gaming, he gets attacked.

He says Microsoft can claim they won last gen, people agree.

He says Fable II was rushed and that Fable III development was tough, stating that things needed to change in the world of AAA development. People blamed him. Fable The Journey was terrible. They blamed him.. Now we have someone questioning whether he had any real input at all in the games he's created.

Maybe he wasn't the problem. Maybe it was Microsoft. Maybe it was the pressure of deadlines and high expectation. Maybe he just needed to be given more time and freedom. Lionhead's releases after he left haven't been all that spectacular either, so was it all Molyneux's fault?

Fable Anniversary is a mess. Do we blame that on him too or just admit there are issues at Lionhead that were there with him and even now without him?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

oniyide said:
even a broken clock is right at least two times a day

I have a broken digital clock that doesn't even turn on.  It's never right!

Euphoria14 said:

I guess people just choose when and where they want to trust Molyneux or not. He says Kinect is a joke and not worthwhile for gaming, he gets attacked.

He says Fable II was rushed and that Fable III development was tough, stating that things needed to change in the world of AAA development. People blamed him. Fable The Journey was terrible. They blamed him.. Now we have someone questioning whether he had any real input at all in the games he's created.

Maybe he wasn't the problem. Maybe it was Microsoft. Maybe it was the pressure of deadlines and high expectation. Maybe he just needed to be given more time and freedom. Lionhead's releases after he left haven't been all that spectacular either, so was it all Molyneux's fault?

Fable Anniversary is a mess. Do we blame that on him too or just admit there are issues at Lionhead that were there with him and even now without him?

I love you.

Though Fable Anniversary is good. A few framerrate issues here and there, but good. :)

Wright said:
Euphoria14 said:

I love you.

Though Fable Anniversary is good. A few framerrate issues here and there, but good. :)

You're still better off playing the XB version on your 360.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

Lol just look at the user who made that comment. Don't take him seriously, as he's quick to defend MS.