By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Col Rogers (Driveclub) responds to famousmortimer´s claims about WWS´ restructuring

Should we stop listening to self declared insiders ?

Yes ! 52 100.00%

Total:52

nana na na nana na na hey hey hey good bye. i cant say that he will be missed. im a gamer that plays on every console because i can. dodd and speway are total asses that always seemed like they have a personal agenda against microsoft like bill gates screwed their wives.

Around the Network
tres said:
nana na na nana na na hey hey hey good bye. i cant say that he will be missed. im a gamer that plays on every console because i can. dodd and speway are total asses that always seemed like they have a personal agenda against microsoft like bill gates screwed their wives.

Mort main console is a Xbone... he almost didn't play PS4 but that's not the main subject here.

badgenome said:

Looks like Pete did the right thing and apologized, but the timing is pretty funny. His credibility has just taken a huge blow right as he's in the process of crowdfunding to get his new website going.

The premise of the website is even more hilarious in context.

orniletter said:

What the buzz about the website? Can you tell me a little more?

orniletter said:

Indeed. "There are certain things we will go along with that are the industry standard, like embargoes and NDA's, but we will not shy away from reporting a story because it may damage our relationship with a publisher have no basis in reality."

"Oh? You're not allowed to post at NeoGAF for free anymore? Well, shit! Here's thousands of dollars!"

Around the Network

at least, it will quiet all the stupid " oh my god something terrible is going on in sony studios ! ".

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ethomaz said:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784806&page=1

It was already pretty shady before all this came to light... and now? Yeeeeah...

VGChartz feeling the love. :3

Smeags said:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784806&page=1

It was already pretty shady before all this came to light... and now? Yeeeeah...

VGChartz feeling the love. :3

Ohhhhh he wanted to fund a new site using the "insider" status... well the objective of the site was weird too... I guess it will never work at all.

ethomaz said:

orniletter said:

badgenome put it very well.

He started an indiegogo campaign (with flexible funding no less, so he/they will keep the money even if they miss the target) with the goal to create a videogame website that isn´t restricted by third party developers.

He specifically mentioned the site would post all the rumors they´d come across, even if they were damaging to a publisher.

....which  ...in hindsight...looks pretty bad

This doesn't really make it sound all that much better.

Late last night I talked with a friend of Col Rodgers and we cleared things up.

When i woke up this morning I didn’t go to gaf.  I had no idea the post was still going.  I had no idea that Col had posted there.

He says he didn't know about Col's son at that point, but if they had really cleared things up, then it would seem to follow that he knew he'd slandered the guy and didn't bother to go clarify things. Bad form.