Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

If I had one complaint thus far is that bosses seem fairly easy.

Around the Network

It saddens my heart to say but this will be the last souls game I buy (and I bought all 3 early). There's something not right with it. I wasn't able to upgrade my weapons for 30+ hours in the middle of the game, and my progress was sheit. I don't even remember what I missed but there was something.
And now, I had to cheat to find out how to eliminate the poison from that boss in the mill, and I know that I would have never tried to do what it's required. It just never occurred to me that it's possible to do that (because it shouldn't be actually - not like that). I cleared that area and roamed those steps a lot looking for something...
I am disappointed. May this game design bring them lots of players, but they lost me.

I hate how us, offline players, have to farm Sunlight Medals which are something like 1% rate drop from Falconers in order to unlock the last miracle, if you're aiming for 100% -_-"

Wright said:

I hate how us, offline players, have to farm Sunlight Medals which are something like 1% rate drop from Falconers in order to unlock the last miracle, if you're aiming for 100% -_-"

And why are you an "offliner" ? Co-op is alot of fun.

Desperate times in Spain? :p 

VXIII said:
Wright said:

And why are you an "offliner" ? Co-op is alot of fun.

Desperate times in Spain? :p 

Desperate times + Xbox Live + Me myself not willing to pay for (and not having money, anyway xD) Xbox Live = No online experience in Dark Souls 2 for me!

I did play online the first week though. When Dark Souls 2 was finally out, MS gave a free Xbox Live Gold week for all users. Honestly, it was awesome. Don't know why they have online behind a paywall...

Around the Network
ithis said:
It saddens my heart to say but this will be the last souls game I buy (and I bought all 3 early). There's something not right with it. I wasn't able to upgrade my weapons for 30+ hours in the middle of the game, and my progress was sheit. I don't even remember what I missed but there was something.
And now, I had to cheat to find out how to eliminate the poison from that boss in the mill, and I know that I would have never tried to do what it's required. It just never occurred to me that it's possible to do that (because it shouldn't be actually - not like that). I cleared that area and roamed those steps a lot looking for something...
I am disappointed. May this game design bring them lots of players, but they lost me.

Coming from someone who never "cheated" in the first playthrough. I have to say that the game is hard and challenging, but not unfair. I didn't know about the mill too. Yet still, I managed to beat the boss in the poisonous environment after about 5 tries. Pyromancies helped. Whenever I fail, I try different strategy until one of them works, I almost never used Pyromancies before that boss. 

Wright said:

Desperate times + Xbox Live + Me myself not willing to pay for (and not having money, anyway xD) Xbox Live = No online experience in Dark Souls 2 for me!

I did play online the first week though. When Dark Souls 2 was finally out, MS gave a free Xbox Live Gold week for all users. Honestly, it was awesome. Don't know why they have online behind a paywall...

Damn, I can imagine myself in the same situation now Sony has walked this path with the PS4, agh. I will probably subscribe for it though.

I was able to find the light mill option in Earthen Peak because I pretty much read just about every message I see on the ground, but I could easily see how someone could miss it if they don't read all the messages, or are playing offline. Reading messages was also how I discovered Ash Lake in the first game.

arcelonious said:
I was able to find the light mill option in Earthen Peak because I pretty much read just about every message I see on the ground, but I could easily see how someone could miss it if they don't read all the messages, or are playing offline. Reading messages was also how I discovered Ash Lake in the first game.

"Illusionary wall ahead" false messages have pretty much made me give up on messages as a whole, stupid community :p

So I just figured out an ultimate try hard build to troll people and thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested:

Stats: Mundane build, with enough points to power stance Avelyn

Weapons: mundane Santier's Spear, two mundane Avelyns

Rings: both illusionary rings

Strategy: because your weapons are invisible, your opponent does not know what you are using until you attack, start the fight with Santier's Spear, then switch to power stance Avelyn half way through and blast them at close range for instant kill, it's extremely difficulty to roll away from two Avelyns, if they try to block then switch back to Santier's Spear for guard break critic.

This will take a while to set up but it sounds really awesome in my head, if anyone already has the rings you would try it out and see how it works, I think it's guaranteed to piss people off.