By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft angers early adopters by offering free ‘Forza 5'

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:
BeElite said:

Its a fuck over early adopters no matter what way you want to defend it. Not only that it shows how weak their product is if they doing that so fast. They have offered free stuff in the past have they not, to make up to adopters for cuts or something.

Its pathetic on there part from any angle, will be sending more people PS4 way. They could have easily announced some early adopter gratis program in anticipation of such a reaction if they had any smarts, but nahh more bad decisions on their part continuing their record setting pr fuck ups.

Leave it to Sony fans to talk on behalf of Xbox fans. To make free AAA game giveaways seem like "bad decisions" and "PR fuck ups"

Early adopters had time with the console. Time is money. They enjoyed the X1 for a few months now and that is their reward. People now get a free game but by contrast had 0 play time with the X1 until they themselves buy it. Seems the only groups outraged are those who have no interest in the first place.

The benefits of losing :). Just watch while PS+ gets less and less awesome and PS4 bundles are few and far between. Sony was awesome when they were losing.....now I think these complaining threads are the result of your people not getting the same treatment when you were the losers.

well MS fan, i got a X1 and PS4 so ill be a gaming fan as far as the likes of you is concerned. 

So defend away you and your people lmao.

I could buy a PS3 today and still have my views of PS and Sony. Ownership means nothing.

Doesn't address what I called you out on. Spinning MS giving away free games as bad, and the benefits of losing which Sony had last gen (and passed the deals onto you). With PS4 winning, I doubt Sony will be as generous as MS will be this gen.How you'd spin that as bad for MS,tells me all I need to know.

Your spin is deluded wishfull pro ms thinking, nothing more.

Im getting free stuff on PS4 each month, your doubts mean nothing when reality says other wise. 

Around the Network

Im not saying Xbox is wholly bad, but I am saying that Xbox Fans deserve better and will are the most tolerable of the fanbases at least when it concerns Xbox. Except for the fact that Xbox has the best position to outdo the competition.
Why haven't they invested as heavily as PS or Nintendo, when they arguably have more money than them?
This is just like when Sega bought Atlus over Nintendo, except its the Xbox's entire lifetime.

This is the reason Xbox is giving us "Kinect and Media innovations" rather than moving the gaming industry forward, because excuses will be made on their behalf.

Rue the day If Xbox gets Majority Marketshare, because if you think last gen was bad, you're in for a rude awakening. More than the other two, competition keeps Microsoft in check.

Ken Kutaragi design philosophy with the PlayStation was to exceed the competition with specs which is what he aimed to do with all the playstations before 4, so I could easily argue that the OG Xbox was as much of a factor for the design of the PS3 than simple arrogance.

All the signs point to Doom if the Xbox ever becomes number 1 world wide, and the since most of the world doesn't have a tolerance for bs as much as the US does, hopefully it won't happen while consoles exist.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

I could buy a PS3 today and still have my views of PS and Sony. Ownership means nothing.

Doesn't address what I called you out on. Spinning MS giving away free games as bad, and the benefits of losing which Sony had last gen (and passed the deals onto you). With PS4 winning, I doubt Sony will be as generous as MS will be this gen.How you'd spin that as bad for MS,tells me all I need to know.

Im getting free stuff on PS4 each month, your doubts mean nothing when reality says other wise. 

But allready its less then what PS3 gave you, PS4 recently launched or not. Games you don't actually own. Watch Dogs bundle isn't a free game included.

MS giving away Titanfall for free, when hundreds of thousands would have bought a plain X1 for it. Forza 5 free now in the US. Allready MS is more generous.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

But allready its less then what PS3 gave you, PS4 recently launched or not. Games you don't actually own. Watch Dogs bundle isn't a free game included.

MS giving away Titanfall for free, when hundreds of thousands would have bought a plain X1 for it. Forza 5 free now in the US. Allready MS is more generous.

less according to bies you.

Awesome, Ms should spread that generousity to its early adopters then.

lol you just strengthened the agument that Ms is screwing over its early adopters, thanks!

sales2099 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

PS2 era. PS4 era now (hopefully it won't get as bad). PS3 didn't dominate like PS2 and therfore competition could thrive.

360 didn't dominate as Wii and PS3 were equally as successful. Try again.

it is worrying when a console is cheaper, has more RAM, has better multiplatforms and still cant dominate isnt it?

Watch the PS4 demonstrate how the 360 should have killed off the PS3 (but ended up doing worse)

Try again.

Worse? More profit, gen over gen gains, and coasting on 2008 prices compared to PS3 price dropping $150 in the last 5 years, while also introducing their own gimped $200 model just to get to a "statistical tie". Ok buddy.

Getting off topic here. Point being MS can and does support their consoles when the environment allows them to be sustainable and thrive.

If it pleases you that MS made more money from its consumers than Sony then fair enough, but personally I care more about games and Sony kicked MS's ass at that, and thats why people were willing to spend more on Sony's console than Microsoft's.

You see it as a statistical tie, but it was the foundations for all the hype the PS4 got and a lot of the negativity xbox one got. The support you talk about has been non existant on xbox 360 compared to PS3.

and...

"ANYONE can and does support their consoles when the environment allows them to be sustainable and thrive."

fixed.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

less according to bies you.

Awesome, Ms should spread that generousti to its early adopters then.

lol you just strengthened the agument that Ms is screwing over its early adopters, thanks!

Nope MS being more generous to potential customers is different. If you pay attention.....X1 early adopters don't care. It happens to be PS fans....oh excuse me "all around gamers with a heavy PS bias" seem to be making the fuss.

We know the X1 will have a holiday bundle this year, probably in November. Does that mean those who bought it in October are screwed? lol please.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

'Dozens and dozens of people' are upset out of the 3.5 million+ that own the Xbox One. Seems about right.

fps_d0minat0r said:
sales2099 said:

Worse? More profit, gen over gen gains, and coasting on 2008 prices compared to PS3 price dropping $150 in the last 5 years, while also introducing their own gimped $200 model just to get to a "statistical tie". Ok buddy.

Getting off topic here. Point being MS can and does support their consoles when the environment allows them to be sustainable and thrive.

If it pleases you that MS made more money from its consumers than Sony then fair enough, but personally I care more about games and Sony kicked MS's ass at that, and thats why people were willing to spend more on Sony's console than Microsoft's.

You see it as a statistical tie, but it was the foundations for all the hype the PS4 got and a lot of the negativity xbox one got. The support you talk about has been non existant on xbox 360 compared to PS3.

and...

"ANYONE can and does support their consoles when the environment allows them to be sustainable and thrive."

fixed.

Fun fact: Metacritic has 360 with more 90+,  80-89, and 70-79 games then PS3.

Sorry buddy. XBLA was a beast, but hey back then you were probably too busy claiming that AAA games made indie games irrelevant to notice. But the results are there, 360 has a bigger and better library.

walsufnir said:
So PS+ is a slap in the face for everyone who has not subscribed to it? Some people really seem to search for something to moan about...

That's like saying Netflix is a slap in the face to people who don't subscribe to it. There's a difference between a service available to everyone at the same time at the same cost....and bundling games for free only a few months after launch.

Might I add that I think their bitching is overboard and they should realize that the only reason MS is doing it is to boost sales since they're getting stomped by PS4. If the PS4 wasn't doing gangbusters, or if the XBone was selling better (whichever), MS wouldn't have to "screw the day one buyer".  

But what you said was a really dumb comparison

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

PS+ is free games on every platform, Vita, PS3, and PS4(Since release)

Sony is unveiling PS Now, where is MS's backwards compatibility option?

What if I don't want TF or WD? That sh1t's not a price cut.

You think this will last? You cleary don't know MS.

What about all that money they are losing? Aren't you the one that said OG was a sinking ship, what about all this "generousity" money.

You are just proving my point about Xbox apologizing, that's why the internet would break if Major Nelson even tweeted "I Apologize" or "Please Understand"

Playstation and Nintendo could NEVER get away with the sh1t that Xbox pulls

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank