Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon

kowenicki said:
withdreday said:
This seriously has to be an early April fools day joke, right? What in hell would Amazon do with them?

The funny thing would be if it was purchased by Nintendo or Sony though...

funny?  that wouild be magic

they couldnt afford to buy a 10th of the value of the Xbox brand.

True that.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
kowenicki said:
daredevil.shark said:
I would like to see that.

why?

Amazon might handle xbox brand more efficiently instead of microsoft.

In that case I'm confused.

I'm not really here!

zamkh_123 said:
vivster said:

Amazon is the only company besides google and apple able to pull it off. Not because of money but the massive media industry behind them.

For example Samsung couldn't do it.

don't underestimate samsung can handle the divison because mobie gaming and integrate that with xbox but we don't know if it be sucess or failure because nintendo situation now.

Samsung does not produce any content. The mobile games do run on android. Samsung is a hardware manufacturer over everything. They do not have the media or server infrastructure needed to upkeep a multimedia device like Xbox. Amazon, Google and Apple do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

interesting.

...with amazon recently purchasing double helix it's not hard to imagine amazon wanting to buy xbox. not sure if MS wants to sell but who wouldn't take as seat and see how much money someone wants to give you. for the rigth price anything can be bought.

if amazon did buy xbox i'm not sure if that would be good or bad. kindle certainly isn't a bad piece of hardware but amazon is pretty locked down on what it can do. a cheap tablet but a tablet that can only do amazon's media. so a cheap xbox but an xbox that only does amazon's media?! not sure i'd like that product.

walsufnir said:
jmcoo7 said:
Wouldn't surprise me too many voices within Microsoft clamouring for Xbox to be sold, I think MS should stay away from hardware and stick to software.

What? MS always built hardware and they built very good hardware, too. Mice, keyboards, controllers... Webcams. And all were and are really good, in my opinion.

oh you mean those webcams that have liek the best video I seen but with a HUGE pitch noise for the audio?

Around the Network

I really doubt this is true...however, I wouldn't mind it at all because Amazon is an awesome company.

kowenicki said:
daredevil.shark said:
kowenicki said:
daredevil.shark said:
I would like to see that.

why?

Amazon might handle xbox brand more efficiently instead of microsoft.

In that case I'm confused.

There are lots of "maybe". But given the popularity of xbox 360 before PS4 reveal I assumed that xbox one will rule in NA. But their reveal and DRM policy turned everyone off. Amazon "may" handle xbox brand more efficiently as they are involved with this business. But we never know.

If that is true that changes everything for me, cause i love Amazon

Nothing to see here, move along

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Amazon was reportedly in the process of developing a console of their own, which seems a bit odd, given that they have their Kindle line of tablets that are already used for games. So they're not in the traditional game space, but they have a platform.

I will say that unless they're planning on developing something like Ouya (how's that working out?) which would allow mobile games to be played on an entertainment center, I'm not sure I see much of a market for a 4th 8th gen console unless it offers something really compelling, to include some fantastic publishing deals with top development studios.

It would almost make more sense (couldn't say whether it would be a larger investment) to buy someone else's platform and hardware brand. There are members on MS board of directors that have soured to the Xbox division, so that's probably how these rumors started.

NiKKoM said:
Bloomberg valued the xbox division at 23 billion dollar
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/less-microsoft-is-more-as-investors-eye-breakup-real-m-a.html

I doubt that valuation.

Though if MS considers it to be worth anything like that there isn't anyone that would feasibly purchase the entire division.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS