By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon

walsufnir said:
jmcoo7 said:
Wouldn't surprise me too many voices within Microsoft clamouring for Xbox to be sold, I think MS should stay away from hardware and stick to software.

What? MS always built hardware and they built very good hardware, too. Mice, keyboards, controllers... Webcams. And all were and are really good, in my opinion.

oh you mean those webcams that have liek the best video I seen but with a HUGE pitch noise for the audio?

Around the Network

I really doubt this is true...however, I wouldn't mind it at all because Amazon is an awesome company.

kowenicki said:
daredevil.shark said:
kowenicki said:
daredevil.shark said:
I would like to see that.

why?

Amazon might handle xbox brand more efficiently instead of microsoft.

In that case I'm confused.

There are lots of "maybe". But given the popularity of xbox 360 before PS4 reveal I assumed that xbox one will rule in NA. But their reveal and DRM policy turned everyone off. Amazon "may" handle xbox brand more efficiently as they are involved with this business. But we never know.

If that is true that changes everything for me, cause i love Amazon

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but Amazon was reportedly in the process of developing a console of their own, which seems a bit odd, given that they have their Kindle line of tablets that are already used for games. So they're not in the traditional game space, but they have a platform.

I will say that unless they're planning on developing something like Ouya (how's that working out?) which would allow mobile games to be played on an entertainment center, I'm not sure I see much of a market for a 4th 8th gen console unless it offers something really compelling, to include some fantastic publishing deals with top development studios.

It would almost make more sense (couldn't say whether it would be a larger investment) to buy someone else's platform and hardware brand. There are members on MS board of directors that have soured to the Xbox division, so that's probably how these rumors started.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Bloomberg valued the xbox division at 23 billion dollar
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/less-microsoft-is-more-as-investors-eye-breakup-real-m-a.html

I doubt that valuation.

Though if MS considers it to be worth anything like that there isn't anyone that would feasibly purchase the entire division.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

michael_stutzer said:
kowenicki said:
Interesting. Doesn't sound likely but I would be happy either way.

amazon is very powerful in retail.

awful news for Sony and ninty if true....

So, you think Amazon is a more powerful enemy than Microsoft for Nintendo and Sony?

In general no.

That said, MS has accepted all the risk in gaming, having spent billions to get too a third generation.

Amazon would be spending billions on an established brand, and you can bet they wouldn't be doing that without being SERIOUSLY compared to compete.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This wouldnt be bad, and its not because I dislike MS.
even if it were sony who sold playstation, I think Amazon would be a good company (apart from the fact that they are tax dodgers) to take it over.
Amazon are probably the only company to have the balls to tell EA and Activision that their digital pricing strategies are ridiculous.

I hope not!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

I don't how to feel about this. Amazon is such a great company, i think they'd be a much bigger threat than Microsoft could ever be.