By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon

vivster said:
bananaking21 said:
vivster said:
Amazon is the only company besides google and apple able to pull it off. Not because of money but the massive media industry behind them.

in my opinion Disney would pull it off, probably even better as well. 

I can't see Disney doing it. They have strict policies for adult content. Releasing a console which practically thrives on mature content wouldn't do them good.

hmm havent thought of that, if they ignore that policey then i think they would have been a great company for having a gaming console. (whether its PS, Xbox, nintendo or anything else for that matter)

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
vivster said:
bananaking21 said:
vivster said:
Amazon is the only company besides google and apple able to pull it off. Not because of money but the massive media industry behind them.

I can't see Disney doing it. They have strict policies for adult content. Releasing a console which practically thrives on mature content wouldn't do them good.

hmm havent thought of that, if they ignore that policey then i think they would have been a great company for having a gaming console. (whether its PS, Xbox, nintendo or anything else for that matter)

They would probably be better off just releasing their own. They just can't handle 3rd parties. They are the Nintendo of the west. They need to have full control over everything they produce.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bloomberg valued the xbox division at 23 billion dollar
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-04/less-microsoft-is-more-as-investors-eye-breakup-real-m-a.html

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't believe this, but it would be kinda funny if true. What would all the Xbox fans say, that every quarter celebrate Microsofts profits, because they mean security of the Xbox brand?

Sell it to Sega

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
vivster said:
bananaking21 said:
vivster said:

Maybe Disney buys Nintendo one day?

DerNebel said:
I don't believe this, but it would be kinda funny if true. What would all the Xbox fans say, that every quarter celebrate Microsofts profits, because they mean security of the Xbox brand?

If it's still xbox, I'm sure no one will care. However This is nonsense. I doubt it's even true. This site is full of non-stop rumors that really never come true. Some do but not stuff like this.

Hmm I could see that happening. That would be cool, I would like someone else change MS in the gaming industry, and Amazon from what I heard (sadly no Amazon Poland ) is a great company, I would definitely buy an Amazon Xbox if the games would be there just to encourage them to stay.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

DerNebel said:

Go AMAZON, Go! just doesn't have the same ring to it

The PS5 Exists. 

Given all the recent talk surrounding a possible Xbox sell-off, and given we now have a new CEO of Microsoft, I give this rumour significantly more credit than I would have done six-months ago.

Not sure what I think of it, really. I don't like Microsoft as a company, but it does have established relationships in the gaming market, and enough money, to ensure the Xbox gains traction in the market, even when they screw it up, like they have with the One. I'm not sure if Amazon could provide as much clout, though I'm sure that would change with time.

And how would Amazon's other services integrate? Their music, shops, Kindle, video streaming, and so on? Get a Live account and stream movies from Lovefilm for free? I'd buy into that. Indeed, as I think on it, the possible merging of Amazon services with a gaming console interests me a lot. If anything moved me to buy the new Xbox, this would.

Still, even if such a deal is possibly being discussed, I imagine it's a long way off as of yet.