By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

Dulfite said:
I love how people think that just because this direct didn't announce any first party games for the next few months that the next direct once. We get directs every like 1-2 months (sometimes earlier I think) and yet people think that if Nintendo doesn't announce a game 5 months before release that they won't announce it 4 months before release. This logic is nonsense.

Well why wouldn't they just announce it a month before?

Around the Network

Is this really a drought? WiiU fans got Super Mario 3D Worlds in December, Donkey Kong 2 months later in February, and Mario Kart will release 3 months later in May.

XBO has Titanfall, which isn't really an exclusive in March, and nothing till Fall, and PS4 is in the same boat with InFamous.

So WiiU not getting Mario Kart for 3 months, is actually fine. This means that after March the only game to look forward to on all consoles before the Holidays will be Mario Kart. Then after that WiiU owners will have a fresher game to enjoy while PS4/XBO fans suffer a drought.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Is this really a drought? WiiU fans got Super Mario 3D Worlds in December, Donkey Kong 2 months later in February, and Mario Kart will release 3 months later in May.

XBO has Titanfall, which isn't really an exclusive in March, and nothing till Fall, and PS4 is in the same boat with InFamous.

So WiiU not getting Mario Kart for 3 months, is actually fine. This means that after March the only game to look forward to on all consoles before the Holidays will be Mario Kart. Then after that WiiU owners will have a fresher game to enjoy while PS4/XBO fans suffer a drought.

Gamers play non exclusive titles too. Just saying...

The Wii had ridiculously long droughts as well.

I owned the Wii on 5 different occasions; can't remember exact dates. The first Wii was in April 2007. I bought it to play Super Paper Mario and other games. As soon as I saw nothing else I liked, I would sell it and sell it quickly. The great thing about the Wii is that in its heyday, people wanted this system and you could sell it for almost the same price you bought it for. It was the safest investment in the industry. Then when a bunch of games I liked were released, I'd buy another console and rinse and repeat.

These Wii U droughts are worse and to make matters more dire, nobody wants to buy a Wii U. If I bought the system, I would be stuck with it and not able to get it sold unless I lowered my asking price significantly. I can't buy the system until there's plenty of games and that day might never come. I'm stuck with it. There is a drought with the PS4 but you know there's going to be plenty of software. Can't say that about the Wii U.

It sucks. I want to play Super Mario 3D World but I'm not paying $340 CAN for a Wii U until there's lots of software for it...and not just retreads of PS3/Xbox 360 games.

Mystro-Sama said:

Sure the direct good but I thought Nintendo had learned from last year's mistake and scheduled their games properly but I guess not. There will be no games after DK for 4 months which is just abysmal honestly.

Thoughts?

You have no idea how angry I am. I have supported the Wii U by buying 12 games 6 of which are 1st party and the other 6 3rd party, 2 Pro Controllers, screen protectors, Eshop games, and more. I waited paitently as launch window games were delayed by months. I suppose things got better with games releasing. SM3DW in November. Now I wait til February for DK. After DK there is Mario Kart in May. That is 3 months in between worth while games. 

This is extremely frustrating and makes me lose confidence in Nintendo. I pretty much realized I am going to have to buy an Xbox One or PS4 to get my 3rd party fix because Nintendo isn't going to provide me with that even though they said they would by showing all those reels of the AAA developer head honchos. I basically feel betrayed as a loyal fan who buys all AAA Nintendo games along with smaller ones. I have enough 3DS stuff, everyone does, give the Wii U something more. This is becoming unbearable. The PS4 is about to surpass the Wii U in sales.

Around the Network
Faust said:
Michael-5 said:

Gamers plays non exclusives games too. Just saying...

Don't they all have the same release schedule? All the big 3rd party games are releasing in the Fall, so WiiU still has the shortest drought of them all, even with the Watch Dogs delay

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

Mario Kart is the only game to look forward? mmm...

Driveclub, destiny, thief, dying light, the order 1886, deep down, TESO(I still believe it can be good), watchdogs(earlier than wii u) and Infamous.  Thats for ps4, I don't know what games are coming to Xbox one

zorg1000 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

February has DK and MK8 is coming May so thats leaves March and April so where the tits do you get 4 months...

What a troll

Oh because it's preposterous to say 29 days is a month, right?

February is 28 days. Try using your brain sometimes....

Ur still wrong

Tropical Freeze-Feb 21

Mario Kart 8-May 30

Thats much closer to three months

That's over 3 months. 3 freaking months. Nintendo did this last year and now it is happening again.

kidvizious said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Sure the direct good but I thought Nintendo had learned from last year's mistake and scheduled their games properly but I guess not. There will be no games after DK for 4 months which is just abysmal honestly.

Thoughts?

You have no idea how angry I am. I have supported the Wii U by buying 12 games 6 of which are 1st party and the other 6 3rd party, 2 Pro Controllers, screen protectors, Eshop games, and more. I waited paitently as launch window games were delayed by months. I suppose things got better with games releasing. SM3DW in November. Now I wait til February for DK. After DK there is Mario Kart in May. That is 3 months in between worth while games. 

This is extremely frustrating and makes me lose confidence in Nintendo. I pretty much realized I am going to have to buy an Xbox One or PS4 to get my 3rd party fix because Nintendo isn't going to provide me with that even though they said they would by showing all those reels of the AAA developer head honchos. I basically feel betrayed as a loyal fan who buys all AAA Nintendo games along with smaller ones. I have enough 3DS stuff, everyone does, give the Wii U something more. This is becoming unbearable. The PS4 is about to surpass the Wii U in sales.

You're a real trooper if you were depending on them for 3rd parties o.o

Mystro-Sama said:
kidvizious said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Thoughts?

You're a real trooper if you were depending on them for 3rd parties o.o

Stupid of me right? I thought with the transition to HD and Online and a controller with all the standard buttons and features of the other 2 we would get not great, but good 3rd party support. Maybe even decent. It hasn't been decent. It has been bad. Nintendo needs to ride this out and in 5 years release the successor with specs comparable to the next 2 beasts if and when they come.