By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hideo Kojima praises PS4: can render 1080p at 60fps “with room to spare”

People can say resolution is a "small thing" but 1080P TV's look much better than 720P TV's. I wouldn't buy a 720P TV again unless I was trying to save money, and from what I've seen at Best Buy, 720P's are becoming harder to find, 1080 is the new standard.

Also, 60 FPS is way smoother than 30, when I first played Rage I didn't know it's frame rate was that high, as soon I started moving around I noticed how much smoother it felt compared to Fallout 3/NV.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Some people find comfort in the small things. 

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because people like knowing they got the best bang for their buck?  And probably because every fan of each company was going on and on about how 1080p could be done on their console, easily. Funny that now it turns out only one console can constantly pull it off, while still maintaining next gen visuals, the fans of the other two don't seem to care about it anymore and choose to mock those who still do.  

I don't know all the fans of every company so I wouldn't know.

FlamingWeazel said:
weaveworld said:
FlamingWeazel said:
weaveworld said:
What is the big deal with this pixel/framerate stuff... So unimportant for someone to have mere fun with a game.

Please post where any has ever said having fun was un-important..Games are BUILT on technology so yes it is important.

Why?

And 'hard-core' fans are making a bigger deal of this stuff than the majority of console-gamers care about. And in the end, done playing, talking to your friends about how awesome the three hour experience was you had watching something in 1080p. Is that what you'll remember...?

People remeeber the experience and graphics and immersion are a part of it, if it didnt matter people would still be playing games that look like pong. So you couldn't answer my question, gotcha.

Did i invoke you to ask me a question? You didn't even ask me a question. You asked me to look up people's posts stating that they don't need fun playing a game... I asked why would I want to do that since that's certainly not even related to what i said. So my guess is you're grasping at straws to create an argument just to win one...?

And yes, what people see has impact on their experience. But 720p or 1080p really doesn't change much about that. The gameplay/story itself makes or breaks the experience.

And moving on...

walsufnir said:
Somini said:
~kao said:
allblue said:
foodfather said:
Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. 

No they are not. 1080p 60fps are the most important when all else is equal in a multiplat. Certainly, what is the reason to spend money on an inferior version? Its human nature to always go for the superior choice. 

I know that my standards aren't easily compromised. What about you?

Why we dont hear this ps4 argument when there's a PC version of a game?

oh, i think a know why..

It's obvious you don't. Most console gamers don't care about PC games, as that's not just a different platfrom, but a different ecperience alltogether. The gamer population would be smaller than 20 million iif console gaming didn't exist.

Reading this forum and neogaf, many people will play Titanfall on PC...

Funny how the relations depend on opinion (nothing against you but the general idea you get if you are in gaming forums).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5614224

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5611724

Stop it...just stop...its embarising

~kao said:
allblue said:
foodfather said:
Good to know that 1080p and 60fps are the most important elements of a 2014 game. 

No they are not. 1080p 60fps are the most important when all else is equal in a multiplat. Certainly, what is the reason to spend money on an inferior version? Its human nature to always go for the superior choice. 

:

I always hear about it. Its just that after I ask how much the build cost and its normally way too much for me.

Around the Network
~kao said:
allblue said:
foodfather said:

:

I play on PC, never owned a console. 1080p 60fps is even more relevant on PC. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

FlamingWeazel said:
WAIT I thought all devs were saying there was going to be parity and magic fairly dust was going to make x1's GPU make up a 40% Compute power advantage? Kojima must be paid by Sony.

It's obvious Sony paid to infiltrate him on the MS stage at E3 just to set up this quote a half year later to make him SEEM unbiased.  I see through the conspiracy SONY!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

So we should expect rock solid 60fps no dips in MGS GZ ?

"” I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best."

Well... If Kojima God says it.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Player2 said:

Yet several Sony teams still struggle to hit 60 FPS at 1080p on PS4. No wonder people buy Sony consoles for third party games.

...90% of whom are on Xbox and PC as well