By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pushes Sony’s Earnings in the Positive: 4.2 Million PS4 Sales, 9.7 Million Software; +64.6% Total Sales From Last Year

Nvm, found it. Sony shipped 100K more PS3's than the 360 in Q4 2013. 360 definitely still holding its own.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
The PS4 only shipped 4.2 as of the end of the year?

Overtracked on VGC? Or am i reading this wrong?

It didnt, this article is dumb. Nowhere in Sony's presentation slides does it say the numbers 4.2m and 9.7 for software, these numbers are from CES and Dec 28, not for the whole year which ended Dec 31 which would be slightly higher. I hate dumb ignorant articles like these that even lie where their numbers come from.

When are we getting PS4 shipments? (Edit: nvm, I see there's no discreet PS4 numbers. Damn)

Anyway, great news for Sony if their game division is profitting off the bat. It probably means a financially healthy division throughout PS4's lifespan.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

So overall, FY2013 is still in loss stage as their forecast. Hope Sony can do better in FY2014.

I would say the shipment of PS4 will be approximate 4.3~4.4 millions, so the shipment of PS3 would be about 3.4~3.5 millions in Oct.~Dec.

Therefore, there is still a chance that in the sell-in numbers, Xbox360 still has slight lead than PS3 by the end of 2013.

If this is the case, then it is a great milestone for Microsoft and Xbox360 and if in spinning talk, Microsoft delivered their promise that Xbox360 will sell more than PS3 in last generation (sell-in number).

Around the Network

PROFITS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Mystro-Sama said:

PROFITS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Sony Forecasts $1.1 Billion Loss as Hirai’s Revival Falters

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-forecasts-annual-loss-as-hirai-turnaround-stalls-on-tvs

Yeah, lets not get carried away. They are losing lots of money this year. This is like a basketball team patting themselves on the back for winning 1 quarter, but still losing the game by 20 points. 

Soundwave said:
Mystro-Sama said:

PROFITS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Sony Forecasts $1.1 Billion Loss as Hirai’s Revival Falters

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-02-06/sony-forecasts-annual-loss-as-hirai-turnaround-stalls-on-tvs

Yeah, lets not get carried away. They are losing lots of money this year. This is like a basketball team patting themselves on the back for winning 1 quarter, but still losing the game by 20 points. 

Wow... Atleast you're not pessimistic, right? They're restructioning their failing divisions so i'll give them a chance.

ethomaz said:

We need to wait the call conference because I think they will share more PS4 numbers

I hope actual sales numbers (5.3 million?)

when is the call conference?

Good sign for the future I suppose. Operating income is ok. Overall, still not doing all that well. They certainly need more than a single product in the PS4 to turn the ship around. Hopefully they can stick around. Competition is good.