By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive is “Looking Very Good”, Currently “Better than E3 Trailer” Graphically

Microsoft’s Phil Spencer has seen Sunset Overdrive in action, and apparently it is “looking very good.” Spencer tweeted some of his observations of the game earlier today, revealing that not only is the gameplay looking “great”, but that, graphically, Sunset Overdrive is also looking wonderful.

Although what Spencer saw was only a daily build, apparently what he saw in action looked better than the already beautiful E3 trailer.

You can see both of the tweets below in context.

Lebraunn jaminson

@XboxP3 so any third party games that will become Microsoft exclusives? Also when do we get an update on sunset overdrive?

Phil Spencer

@Mushlikeahusky Saw great looking SO gameplay yesterday with @RealKLobb, game is looking very good.

John Ward

@XboxP3 @Mushlikeahusky @RealKLobb Was the E3 trailer any indication for the games actual graphics?

Phil Spencer

@TuamJohn @Mushlikeahusky @RealKLobb I thought what I saw yesterday (just a daily built) looked better than E3 trailer.

Sunset Overdrive is an upcoming third person action game from Insomniac, featuring frantic online combat, as well as an offline campaign. It caught our eye at last year’s E3, and, if the trailer is any indication, it should feature some fast paced fun for the Xbox One.

The official Twitter account for Sunset Overdrive also gave a slight update on when we’ll see new info or possibly new info on the game. In response to a question posted by another Twitter user asking how many “weeks or months”, the account replied with “they are getting fewer and fewer by the day.”  The game is still planned for a 2014 release which was also noted by the Twitter account. Both of these Tweets can also be viewed below.

Vanquish F @SirVanquish

SunsetOverdrive How many more weeks or months until we hear/see something about this game?

Sunset Overdrive

@sirvanquish they are getting fewer and fewer by the day. We're working really hard on the game!

Freedom2game

Do you guys have any window for release on the game

Sunset Overdrive

@thelonelystrag 2014

http://www.onlysp.com/sunset-overdrive-is-looking-very-good-currently-better-than-e3-trailer-graphically/

Around the Network

Well i want to see it!!

I want to see the gameplay of the game Insomniac is VICIOUSLY stabbing us Sony fans in the back with!

Naw i'm kidding

But i'm curious

If i buy a XBone, this will be my first game..

Which would be a great achivement considering the announcement trailer looked quite CGish. I doubt thoses levels of anti aliasing are possible during gameplay (which is a big contributer to how nice a game looks in my opinion), but they might have brushed up the assets shown in the trailer.

Glad to hear that. This looks iike a pretty damn good reason to get a Xbox One.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Wait, Phil Spencer saying something positive about an upcoming X1 game. What's going on here??

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

are there any trailers showing gameplay yet? the e3 trailer looked smooth like cgi

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

if it looks as good as the trailer. we have ourselves one of the best looking games eva!!!!!

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

This and Quantum Break make me want an xbone, cant wait to see some gameplay.

Don't dissapoint insomniac