By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: "we´re thinking about a new business structure"

So Sony and Microsoft lose money in their camp, but they aren't doomed...Nintendo comes out and is honest, but not really so much losing money, but not making as much money as they are are doomed from out the gate. This Nintendo hate is so over the top it's pathetic. Nintendo is simply rebooting themselves. They are not abandoning anything. People are reading too much into it. Simply, Nintendo is looking to broaden their business given there are so many disruptive mediums in today's gaming industry. Nintendo is going nowhere. Just refocusing on what they need to do. Don't even compare it to Sega..they made huge mistakes and had nowhere the deep pockets Nintendo has. Anybody who sees them going into other smartphones, tablets, and other consoles and isn't joking is completely full of BS.

Around the Network

About damn time!

JGarret said:
DanneSandin said:
I hope they realize and understand that their games won't play well on smartdevices! IF they're considering smartdevices, hopefully they'll test the waters with some old NES games, but I highly doubt that's the right decision.

Today is a strange day, isn´t it?...it feels like in the future, one might perhaps refer to "Nintendo pre January 17 2014" and "Nintendo post January 17 2014".

Really wonder what´ll come out of this.

Yes, this is quite a strange day... Nintendo is bleeding money, Wii U is doing terribly, 3DS should have had its best year but kinda disappointed... 2014 is NOT starting well for Nintendo. This will be interesting to follow

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
I hope they realize and understand that their games won't play well on smartdevices! IF they're considering smartdevices, hopefully they'll test the waters with some old NES games, but I highly doubt that's the right decision.

Or they could just partner with someone and release a DS branded smartphone with game controls like the xperia play.  Everyone with a smartphone could play any game, but the nintendo one would do it the best.  Imagine putting the old pokemon games officially on the Play store with online battles and trading added in.  They would be printing money...

I think a Nintendo branded tablet is coming, that's been all but confirmed by some guy at Nintendo who leaked they were working on educational tablet software. I can see a Nintendo branded phone too. It would make a lot of sense to partner with an Android hardware maker and get a high-end unique product out quickly. They could do some serious damage in the iPad Mini market.

Then, develop a powerful home console that connects to the Nablet like Wii U does, but as an optional interface. The console itself would have a simple input device but lots of processing power.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
DanneSandin said:

Or they could just partner with someone and release a DS branded smartphone with game controls like the xperia play.  Everyone with a smartphone could play any game, but the nintendo one would do it the best.  Imagine putting the old pokemon games officially on the Play store with online battles and trading added in.  They would be printing money...

Well, as far as I can recall, the Xperia Play didn't sell that well, did it? And I think know that Nintendo wants to be more in controll than simply team up with someone to add a few buttons on their phones. Nintendo wouldn't want their games to be played on other devices than their own. A Nintendo phone could work, but their games shouldn't appear on iOS or android...

But yeah, having an online Pokémon with battles and all would print money.

captcoffee41 said:
So Sony and Microsoft lose money in their camp, but they aren't doomed...Nintendo comes out and is honest, but not really so much losing money, but not making as much money as they are are doomed from out the gate. This Nintendo hate is so over the top it's pathetic. Nintendo is simply rebooting themselves. They are not abandoning anything. People are reading too much into it. Simply, Nintendo is looking to broaden their business given there are so many disruptive mediums in today's gaming industry. Nintendo is going nowhere. Just refocusing on what they need to do. Don't even compare it to Sega..they made huge mistakes and had nowhere the deep pockets Nintendo has. Anybody who sees them going into other smartphones, tablets, and other consoles and isn't joking is completely full of BS.

Welcome to vgchartz, the one place in earth where no matter how bad all the other companies are doing, Nintendo is the one that is doomed.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

TheLastStarFighter said:
I think a Nintendo branded tablet is coming, that's been all but confirmed by some guy at Nintendo who leaked they were working on educational tablet software. I can see a Nintendo branded phone too. It would make a lot of sense to partner with an Android hardware maker and get a high-end unique product out quickly. They could do some serious damage in the iPad Mini market.

Then, develop a powerful home console that connects to the Nablet like Wii U does, but as an optional interface. The console itself would have a simple input device but lots of processing power.

I suggested something similar in a different thread: make a Nintablet that can function as the gamepad for Wii U, make a Wii U sku WITHOUT the gamepad for $200, so that you can use the Nintablet instead.

If they made a phone, would they create one themselves, or would they team up with someone? And who would that be? I won't lie, a NinSony phone with games from them both would be pretty cool.... IF the phone has buttons.

DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I suggested something similar in a different thread: make a Nintablet that can function as the gamepad for Wii U, make a Wii U sku WITHOUT the gamepad for $200, so that you can use the Nintablet instead.

If they made a phone, would they create one themselves, or would they team up with someone? And who would that be? I won't lie, a NinSony phone with games from them both would be pretty cool.... IF the phone has buttons.

Come on add ons have a history of failure on consoles.  You want the to fail liek sega ?  Wiiu is already a screwd up eco sustem, tablet pro controller and maybe waggle???? wtf which is it.  Now a super wii pad... 

Why create a phone when you can release your software on Ios and android.... 

BeElite said:
DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Come on add ons have a history of failure on consoles.  You want the to fail liek sega ?  Wiiu is already a screwd up eco sustem, tablet pro controller and maybe waggle???? wtf which is it.  Now a super wii pad... 

Why create a phone when you can release your software on Ios and android.... 

Because Nintendo gets about 65% of their revenue from hardware.  Educate yourself.