By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2013 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

Boutros said:

 

VGC was more accurate than Wedbush (Pachter) on all accounts this month.

Pretty good tracking if you ask me.

Yeah agreed, without the 3DS and the Wii there thats pretty damn good tracking!



                            

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
benji232 said:

You really don't get it? I said it multiple times, you can not combine a quarter of 1 fiscal year and 3 quarters of anothr and call that a year of shipments. So let me repeat it once again for you, there are 2 possibilities for bets here:

1. We use VGC/NPD/Famitsu/MC for sales data (Sales, NOT shipments).

2. We use Nintendo's shipments for fiscal year 2014.

You choose between the 2. 

Yes, you can - you haven't stated why we cannot. Nintendo's quarterly shipments are the only actual numbers that we have worldwide, afterall.

I didn't think i'd have to explain for you (thought you would have known this aready) but here we go. The reason why you can't combine 2 quarters of 2 different fiscal years and call that a *full year* is due to the phenomenon that has already been proved to have happened (Selling more then what they shipped), that phenomenon is called overshipment. Therefor, the 3DS could have sold 15M+ units in 2013. However, since your bet would be using shipment numbers, then, they might have needed to sell their excess of 3DS in Q4 2013 which would falsify the numbers and therefor falsify the result of our bet. 

Now I know what your first comeback is going to be "Well, they might have overshipped in Q4 2013 as well which makes you argument invalid?". To answer that concern briefly, usually, Q4 2013 (Or our Q1 2014) mainly consists of selling the remaining of your stock from Q3 2013 (or our Q4 2013) and then some. Meaning, sure, there might be a small disperency, but it won't be anywhere as big as the one between Q3 and Q4. This is why Q4 is mostly all the time one of the slowest selling periods for Nintendo or any other company. EDIT: (In terms of shipments).

Since we are both looking to do a fair bet, we want to use the most accurate data to know who the winner is. Which, since you seem so reluctant to use the sell through data that we have, then the most accurate data to use would be the full FY 2014 of Nintendo. 


Unless you can provide us with accurate data of how many units were sold in Europe, latin America, Oceania, Asia, the middle east and Africa, we'll be using Nintendo numbers, thanks.



Lawlight said:
benji232 said:
Lawlight said:
benji232 said:

You really don't get it? I said it multiple times, you can not combine a quarter of 1 fiscal year and 3 quarters of anothr and call that a year of shipments. So let me repeat it once again for you, there are 2 possibilities for bets here:

1. We use VGC/NPD/Famitsu/MC for sales data (Sales, NOT shipments).

2. We use Nintendo's shipments for fiscal year 2014.

You choose between the 2. 

Yes, you can - you haven't stated why we cannot. Nintendo's quarterly shipments are the only actual numbers that we have worldwide, afterall.

I didn't think i'd have to explain for you (thought you would have known this aready) but here we go. The reason why you can't combine 2 quarters of 2 different fiscal years and call that a *full year* is due to the phenomenon that has already been proved to have happened (Selling more then what they shipped), that phenomenon is called overshipment. Therefor, the 3DS could have sold 15M+ units in 2013. However, since your bet would be using shipment numbers, then, they might have needed to sell their excess of 3DS in Q4 2013 which would falsify the numbers and therefor falsify the result of our bet. 

Now I know what your first comeback is going to be "Well, they might have overshipped in Q4 2013 as well which makes you argument invalid?". To answer that concern briefly, usually, Q4 2013 (Or our Q1 2014) mainly consists of selling the remaining of your stock from Q3 2013 (or our Q4 2013) and then some. Meaning, sure, there might be a small disperency, but it won't be anywhere as big as the one between Q3 and Q4. This is why Q4 is mostly all the time one of the slowest selling periods for Nintendo or any other company. EDIT: (In terms of shipments).

Since we are both looking to do a fair bet, we want to use the most accurate data to know who the winner is. Which, since you seem so reluctant to use the sell through data that we have, then the most accurate data to use would be the full FY 2014 of Nintendo. 


Unless you can provide us with accurate data of how many units were sold in Europe, latin America, Oceania, Asia, the middle east and Africa, we'll be using Nintendo numbers, thanks.

Alright, so you have taken option 1 which is full fiscal year 14. Alright. If not, then you probably want to read my post that I took the TIME to write for you.



Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:

Alright, so you have taken option 1 which is full fiscal year 14. Alright. If not, then you probably want to read my post that I took the TIME to write for you.

I'll take the option to use Nintendo numbers from January to December 2013, thanks.



Lawlight said:
benji232 said:

Alright, so you have taken option 1 which is full fiscal year 14. Alright. If not, then you probably want to read my post that I took the TIME to write for you.

I'll take the option to use Nintendo numbers from January to December 2013, thanks.

Since you seem so stubborn and you seem to have completely ignored my explanation. The bet is off, thanks.



Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

NewsReviewsFeaturedEditorialsPodcastsPreviewsGalleriesDualShockers TVWHAT’S NEXT FOR BEYOND: TWO SOULS?REVIEW: RYSE: SON OF ROME – NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS, LAST-GEN GAMEPLAYLATE TO THE GAME: HALF-LIFEREVIEW: BATTLECOMMAND! – ARM YOUR BATTLE STATIONSWHY YOU SHOULDN’T BE SO UPSET AT NINTENDO’S REVEAL DURING THE VGXPS3PS4Xbox 360Xbox OneWiiWii UPSPPS VitaDS3DSPCiOS PS4 Top Selling Next Gen Platform in November According to NPD for Both Hardware and Software by Giuseppe Nelva on December 12, 2013 5:54 PM 25 @abriaelXBOX ONEPS4NEWSWhile we’re all waiting for the full NPD report for November, the first tidbits of information are already filtering giving us a glimpse on what most are probably curious about. VG

 

 

 

X host and journalist Geoff Keighley just tweeted that Sony announced that PS4 was the top selling next-gen platform for “both hardware and software”Update: here’s what President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America had to say in the official press release that was delivered immediately afterwards:PlayStation 4 sales in North America and worldwide have been incredibly strong since launch, culminating in PS4 being recognized as the largest console launch in history. In North America alone, more than one million PS4 units were sold in only 24 hours and we’re pleased NPD has reported that PS4 was the top selling next gen platform for both hardware and software in November.We are humbled by the passion and excitement demonstrated by gamers for PS4. Demand continues to overwhelm supply, but we’re working hard to get PS4 units into the hands of customers throughout the holiday season.And here’s Keighley’s original tweet:Looks like at least for now we know that someone at Sony is probably uncorking a bottle of Champagne. Mind you, looks like the folks at Microsoft are celebrating as well.We also have to remember that NPD tracks sales only for North America and doesn’t keep records of digital download sales.Update 2: In the meanwhile Sony Computer Entertainment also released a celebratory video, aptly titled “World’s Largest Console Launch Ever.” JOIN THE DISCUSSION RELATED ARTICLES3DS Continues Strong in NPD Group’s July 2013 Sales ReportShooters Outsold by Action Games in the United States Last YearWiiU Hardware Brings in 30 Million Dollars More Than Wii During First Six WeeksThe Difference Between “Shipped” And “Sold” Is Less Relevant Than You ThinkPublisher EA Calls Out the Flaws with NPDMicrosoft Ran Out of 360s?New Vegas Tops October SalesWii Controllers Selling Really WellPlaystation Move Sold 1 Million in 30 DaysUnconfirmed Halo: Reach First Week Sales NumbersRECENT REVIEWS7.0Ryse: Son of Rome3.0BattleCommand!7.5Mario Party: Island Tour8.0Stick It to the Man!6.5Contrast5.5Call of Duty: Ghosts7.0AquaPazza: AquaPlus Dream Match9.5The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds8.5Need for Speed: Rivals8.0Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior RECENT COMMENTS The sad thing is that i aint looking much forward the last of us dlc.... i already know what will happen and the ending....Arcana Wiz on Naughty Dog Promises Information on The Last of Us: Left Behind and Uncharted in the New Year · 6 minutes ago.... why you must make me curious sony????Arcana Wiz on Sony’s Adam Boyes “Lost His Mind” for an “Amazing” Upcoming PS4 Game after Getting a Sneak Peek · 7 minutes agoHe lost his mind? I'd like to see that :) and more importantly see the game he was talking about.Nintendo Fan 4 Lif3 on Sony’s Adam Boyes “Lost His Mind” for an “Amazing” Upcoming PS4 Game after Getting a Sneak Peek · 9 minutes agoI bet it was The Order: 1886 or Media Molecules game, maybe even Santa Monica's.Bankai on Sony’s Adam Boyes “Lost His Mind” for an “Amazing” Upcoming PS4 Game after Getting a Sneak Peek · 10 minutes agoLooking forward to seeing the full translation of the Game Watch interview. Live letter tomorrow too. It's gonna be a good weekend.Zerosion on Final Fantasy XIV Patch 2.1 Will Be Like “Buying a New Game”, Can Take 300 Hours to Play Everything · 11 minutes agoPowered by Disqus Connect TwitterFacebookRSS Feed Communicate Contribute a TipMake a SuggestionContact Us Support Report AbuseEmail the EditorsTech Support Looking For... About DualShockersThe DualShockers StaffAdvertise With UsTerms of ServiceReview PolicyPrivacy PolicyJob OpportunitiesBy continuing past this page, you by your continued use of this site, agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement. © 2013 DualShockers.All content, including editorials, comments, and any other written works on DualShockers, are licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution.

 

 

 

 

I completely agree with everything you said. Bravo.

thats the sony press release. it loaded slow so  i just posted it without spacing more. got tierd of waiting.



Boutros said:

 

VGC was more accurate than Wedbush (Pachter) on all accounts this month.

Pretty good tracking if you ask me.

yep well done. vgc best wor eh lol.