By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take a Look at the Full Schedule of Tonight’s VGX Award

ninetailschris said:
forest-spirit said:

In this case yes, it is worse than not showing anything at all. Can you imagine the headlines after the show? "First screens of game1 for PS4!", "Game2 announced for Xbone!", "Oh, and Nintendo showed trailer #54 for DKCR. Lulz. DO NOT BUY A WII U PEOPLE, DO NOT BUY!!!". Heck, some fresh gameplay footage of X or Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei would be a lot better. No ones going to give a damn about DK and no matter how great it'll look (because it is going to rock) it'll get obliterated by the rest of the announcements.

Who is watching the show? People on the Internet. Please tell me why it would relevant whatever they show?  How are the spike crowd watching if the show is online. Where are guys making this like its a big event that millions are watching. It would be lucky to get 300,000 on the stream. Nintendo would have better luck marketing there games on YouTube with heavy ads than this show.

The show makes waves. It's much better to show of games for the VGX audience rather than show of games for the Nintendo Direct audience. Many from the Directs audience will be watching this, but it's likely that few will go the other way.

Around the Network

I dont see any way that it is Donkey Kong. The previous statement said it is a game that will show off the Wii U's graphic capabilities and honestly thats the biggest misperception that Nintendo is fighting right now. Bayonetta, X, Metroid and Zelda are the only games that fit this. DK looks really fun but the graphics or no more impressive than SM3DW. Nintendo has been known to screw up chances at hype, but one of these days they are going to figure it out. Hopefully today is that day.

The guys who organize this thing are desperate when Smosh and PweDiePew make an appearance. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

IsawYoshi said:
ninetailschris said:
forest-spirit said:

In this case yes, it is worse than not showing anything at all. Can you imagine the headlines after the show? "First screens of game1 for PS4!", "Game2 announced for Xbone!", "Oh, and Nintendo showed trailer #54 for DKCR. Lulz. DO NOT BUY A WII U PEOPLE, DO NOT BUY!!!". Heck, some fresh gameplay footage of X or Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei would be a lot better. No ones going to give a damn about DK and no matter how great it'll look (because it is going to rock) it'll get obliterated by the rest of the announcements.

Who is watching the show? People on the Internet. Please tell me why it would relevant whatever they show?  How are the spike crowd watching if the show is online. Where are guys making this like its a big event that millions are watching. It would be lucky to get 300,000 on the stream. Nintendo would have better luck marketing there games on YouTube with heavy ads than this show.

The show makes waves. It's much better to show of games for the VGX audience rather than show of games for the Nintendo Direct audience. Many from the Directs audience will be watching this, but it's likely that few will go the other way.

Vgx audience is the same as gamespot audience. You do realize that if you go on gamespot were the live- stream is linked then you can also get the news on Wiiu. That's problem the people watching this already know the wiiu exist but they either own the console or don't care about it. Your right about nintendo direct it is pointless in the sense of it will not reach people at all, just like the vgx but at least if they put ads on YouTube to link to the YouTube vid it will reach a higher audience. YouTube has millions of users but vgx will be lucky to even peak at 200,000 when rockstar comes on.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Not that I think Donkey Kong is a good choice for VGX, but everyone is acting like we've seen way too much of it... "yet another DKC trailer" and stuff... I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a new trailer since E3? Which means we have a whopping 1 trailer for the game. And I don't remember Nintendo showing off anything about it in particular aside from that one recent GT appearance. We basically haven't seen anything new about the game since E3.

We really have barely seen any of Tropical Freeze. It's still not a good fit for VGX, but is there really no one here who is looking forward to actually seeing some new content?

Around the Network

ARGH! Just found out it won't be airing on tv!!! WTF spike/gt!!! you really think Cops is so important? Don't think my internet is good enough for a stream :(

Found this on GAF, Somebody please quote this after the announcement.

the_dengle said:

Not that I think Donkey Kong is a good choice for VGX, but everyone is acting like we've seen way too much of it... "yet another DKC trailer" and stuff... I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a new trailer since E3? Which means we have a whopping 1 trailer for the game. And I don't remember Nintendo showing off anything about it in particular aside from that one recent GT appearance. We basically haven't seen anything new about the game since E3.

We really have barely seen any of Tropical Freeze. It's still not a good fit for VGX, but is there really no one here who is looking forward to actually seeing some new content?

It's just that the game is just.. DK. I mean, how much is there to show? It's still going to be just the same old DK. I love DK, but I doubt they are reinventing the wheel here. X or the new Zelda are games we know fairly little about in comparison.

Maybe Nintendo come with something very hardcore, like the annoucement of dark souls 2 on Wii U with exclusive extra content =p.

2 reveals, quantum break and destiny. looks like i'll be on gametrailers tonight. ...going to the ballet tonight so i'll miss the live show.