By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation's 90%+ exclusives. *Updated with PS5 games*

ninetailschris said:

How is little big planet with its floaty controls 94? I can't think of 90+ it compares to and comes out looking good.

Super Mario 64 - 94% average aggregation....

Around the Network

PS1 by a mile.

PS1 > PS3 > PS2.

I used to think the PS2 was Sony's best system, but when you factor in the credit it takes via JRPG fags and backwards compatibility, it's pretty much pringles and got rather stale from 2003 onwards.

The PS1 and PS3 on the other hand felt more like they were trying to bring new approaches to the table (admittedly because Sony were prompted to more so than they were with the PS2) and only kept getting better.

EDIT: MGS2 was ported to the original Xbox, and I believe Tekken 3 was the most critically acclaimed PS1 exclusive between GameRankings and Metacritic.

For me, its the PS1. Those where really the heydays of great JRPGs

Conina said:
If you list the "fun ones" below 90%, the PS2 and PS3 lists get much longer, too.

And there are many titles in your list which weren't PS1 exclusives.

It was never about percents or exclusives, trusing media reviews over personal experience is truely a fool's game.

It is about fun games; PS1 had more fun games than PS2, and PS2 had more fun games than PS3.

Simple as that.

Around the Network

Please I beg you to put Ape Escape on the PS One Era! The game got fucking 90 metacritic with 38 REVIEWS (a lot for a PS1 title) and 4 perfect scores (more then Crash 3: Warped) and deserves to be remembered! http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/ape-escape

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

trent44 said:
Conina said:
If you list the "fun ones" below 90%, the PS2 and PS3 lists get much longer, too.

And there are many titles in your list which weren't PS1 exclusives.

It was never about percents or exclusives...

Well, the title of this thread is "What PlayStation home console has your favourite exclusives?", followed by three lists with games that reach at least 90% ratings.

So if exclusivity doesn't matter and the ratings doesn't matter, not only your PS1 list gets much much longer, but also the PS2 list and the PS3 list.

The question wasn't "Which Playstation home console has the most games you personally prefer?"

Thought I'd update this thread and add the PS4 into the mix now that it's been on the market for a good few years.

PS2 was the closest thing we've seen since NES as far as hoarding exclusives like a black hole. It gets my vote.

List wars! Wooooo

Tagging for a read when I got more time. Nice nostalgia fest to look over all of Playstations Finest.

Wait though....

Final Fantasy 7 was out on the PC at the same time (actually a year later) as the original Playstation, sure it had Midi sound in places, but it was the same game.

Also are you not including GTA3 because it came out on the Xbox a year or so after the PS2 release of the game? if so then why is MGS2 on the list for the PS2 since that went the way of the Xbox as well later on in the generation.

It's neither a remake or a remaster, it's the exact same game, no changes. (even magic defense is still completely worthless in the original PC release of the game.)

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 18 February 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive