By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma wants the next Zelda to provide “a unique experience that is beyond your expectations”

the_dengle said:

Come on guys, you only have to look at the history of the franchise to see what the next Zelda is going to be. But you have to understand that Aonuma cares about reception far more than he does sales.

He made Wind Waker -- in the present, everyone adores the game, but back then it was too different and everyone just wanted Ocarina of Time with better graphics. So he made Twilight Princess. People loved it before it came out, then they played it and thought it was too big and empty and not colorful enough. So he made Skyward Sword, which packed tons of content into smaller areas, and players said the areas were too small and there wasn't enough real exploration.

Go back to the time before and immediately following Skyward Sword's release. Aonuma and Miyamoto can't stop talking about the motion controls, and how they're almost certainly going to be used in future Zelda games. Now try to find an interview within the past 18 months in which the motion controls are mentioned once as a possibility for the future. The verdict came in, and they abandoned that idea.

You're all going to get your darker aesthetic, non-linear, non-motion-controlled console Zelda game. And then people will complain that it's too dark, too open, and not motion-controlled enough, and the whole thing will be derailed.

God I hate the Zelda fandom.

People never complained about Zelda being open. You're just making history up.

The emptiness was the problem, as it would have been in any game. That and the horrible way items were used in TP.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
KungKras said:
Fuck you Aonuma.

How about actually meeting my expectations for once?

Now that would be a unique expereince from Aonuma

In all honesty a Zelda game with the freedom of zelda 1, item use and dungeon design and overeorld design of ALTTP, with Twlight Princess Production values (and muisc!) and the motion control of Skyward sword it will be the best zelda game never ever made :D

I'd buy that game.

I LOVE ICELAND!