By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report Says Critics Favored Wii U’s Launch Line-Up More Than PS4 Launch Titles

Good games or no, you can't compare. Standards change over time. The PS2's launch was garbage (aside from SSX) and I don't care what anybody says. If those exact same games were possible on the N64, we'd be calling them the greatest games of all time.

Around the Network
DSF said:
Metallicube said:

PS4's launch lineup makes the Wii U's look good, and that's hard to do. I'm baffled as to how well PS4 has sold out to gate when I look at the mediocrity found throughout its launch lineup. Seriously, what are the games that people are finding such interest in and running out to spend $450+ on, because I don't see them? I guess Killzone looks decent, but that game is the definition of derivative...

Nice try, but this is the definition of derivative  

Stay in school, Wii U fans. 

LOL I like the integral better. 

The Wii U did have the better launch line up. Technically it's the best launch line up in history. Except for the fact that 95% of the games on that line up were also or already on other consoles.  Same can be said about the PS4 launch though, aside from the technical best launch in history, the launch line up for PS4 and Xbox One suck.

Early adopters tend to buy systems regardless of the launch games. I remember the N64 had two games, Mario 64 and Pilotwings.

Is the PS4 being flipped as much as the PS3 was? I have a friend that got 3 PS4's and is selling them!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Metallicube said:

PS4's launch lineup makes the Wii U's look good, and that's hard to do. I'm baffled as to how well PS4 has sold out to gate when I look at the mediocrity found throughout its launch lineup. Seriously, what are the games that people are finding such interest in and running out to spend $450+ on, because I don't see them? I guess Killzone looks decent, but that game is the definition of derivative...

I know... it hurts. But I hear it gets better with time.

Around the Network

ZombiU has user score of 7.5 while Killzone: SF has a user score of 7.8 so I believe the argument works both ways.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

BUT ONLY LAUNCH GAMES MATTER! NO GAMERS THINK ABOUT FUTURE TITLES! ITS ALL ABOUT THE NOW!

Internet pls stahp.

Moral of the story: games don't matter.

Love and tolerate.

It is funny though that last year Sony-fanboys were almost gleeful about the WiiU's supposed poor lineup

Review's honestly don't mean shit. Don't think I have ever read a review in full. Except the FF13 one by Jim where he doesn't give an opinion. Surprised people can't decide for themselves if a game is good.