By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report Says Critics Favored Wii U’s Launch Line-Up More Than PS4 Launch Titles

Critics apparently favored Wii U’s launch line-up more than the PlayStation 4′s launch titles. According to a report by Gaming Blend, via Metacritic, Wii U launch exclusives scored higher than the games available only on Sony‘s new console. For example, a PS4 “triple-A” game, Killzone: Shadow Fall, currently has a Metascore of 75, while Wii U’sZombiU from Ubisoft sits at 77. On the other hand, “family-friendly” PS4 title Knackcurrently sits at 60 on Metacritic, whereas Wii U’s Mario launch game – New Super Mario Bros. U – stands at 84.

Sourcehttp://mynintendonews.com/2013/11/17/report-says-critics-favored-wii-us-launch-line-up-more-than-ps4-launch-titles/

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

So, you want me to trust Polygon?

Well lets be fair, im not sure anyone wants to follow in the wiiu's footsteps

Lawlight said:

the scores are lying obviously

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Clearly launch line up doesnt matter as PS4 sold a record breaking 1,000,000 consoles in 24 hours. Biggest launch in history.

Around the Network

Knack the most hated game by the reviewer is a good game... gamers are playing it... it is simple, fun and good.

I don't know what the reviewers expected but Sony delivered what the costumers expected.

Roma said:
Lawlight said:

the scores are lying obviously

I wouldn't say lying but biased no doubt.

So, what happened to that mentality that claimed reviews are very important and that sales do not determine success when the Wii was dominating?

And yet, the PS4 managed to make the milestone of 1 million in a 24 hr period.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

PS4's launch lineup makes the Wii U's look good, and that's hard to do. I'm baffled as to how well PS4 has sold out to gate when I look at the mediocrity found throughout its launch lineup. Seriously, what are the games that people are finding such interest in and running out to spend $450+ on, because I don't see them? I guess Killzone looks decent, but that game is the definition of derivative...