By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You can’t Resell PS4 Games Without Sony’s Express Authorization

Lock if oldd news

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on, but it appears there is some type of authorization that goes on with reselling PS4 disc based games. More info below.  

Via NeoGAF:

Originally Posted by Sony

7. Resale
7.1. You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher.

Also

Originally Posted by Sony

4. Software is Licensed
4.1. All Software is licensed, not sold, which means you acquire rights to use the Software, as described in these Terms, but you do not acquire ownership of the Software. If you do not comply with these Terms, we can terminate your Software Licence which means you will no longer have the right to use the Software.

Source:http://playeressence.com/you-cant-resell-ps4-games-without-sonys-express-authorization/

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171828&page=1#

old and locked

Sounds like typical EULA crap.

will be funny if sony ever enforces it lol

Yes it is quite depressing. We now live in a day where when you pay 60 bucks (60 whole fucking dollars like cmon thats alot, most countries it's even more.) and you don't even own the god damn game. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

Edit. NVM read what's going on with this. But Microsoft and Sony KNOW they would cream their pants if more rules like this were actually accepted by society. Like cmon that whole ps3 debacle with how you cant mod the console because it's licensed to you, like cmon.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Around the Network

It's for the gamers!!!

Chroniczaaa said:
Yes it is quite depressing. We now live in a day where when you pay 60 bucks (60 whole fucking dollars like cmon thats alot, most countries it's even more.) and you don't even own the god damn game. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

you own the disc. you dont own whats on the disc. Its been like that for decades (probably longer than youve been alive)

This has been the case with all software for basically all of time. It just depends on whether or not companies actually enforce it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Goatseye said:
It's for the gamers!!!

I hope you were going for incredibly silly with that comment. If not, then let me tell you that comment was asinine

Max King of the Wild said:
Chroniczaaa said:

you own the disc. you dont own whats on the disc. Its been like that for decades (probably longer than youve been alive)

I realize that, same goes for music and movie cds, I took what OP said as you don't own the disc either anymore. My bad.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia