By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naughty Dog Co-Founder: Two Years Ago Microsoft Was Going to Win this Generation. That’s Not The Case Now

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
I agree.

Everybody said last year Sony is dead and MS has the money... how funny the things turned out.

Who's everybody?

Probably a couple of random forum posts.

Anyways good read, always nice to read about insight on the industry from people in it.

Around the Network

Its all about leadership at these companies. Last gen sonys leadership had gotten stale and they have had to go through a significant amount or reorganization to get where they are today.

Microsoft had some incredible talent at the start of last gen and they bled it all away. They were left with empty suits like mattrick running the xbox division. Thankfully he is gone now, but microsoft has been put in a weaker position this gen because of decisions he made...

Wright said:

Having Microsoft pumped more IP's on the past two years, and not screwing the Xbox One presentation, I'm positively sure they could have "won" the generation, if we exclude Wii sales, of course xD

I don't think they would have because there are too many countries worldwide where the xbox is not relevant.

Yeah, I always remember someone saying that NA is a lock for MS, while EU is the background. Now it's sure looking like EU is a lock for Sony and NA is the battleground.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

UltimateUnknown said:
Sony went from being the underdog this gen to a leading position as next gen begins. It really is incredible how they managed to literally change the entire tide around in their favour.

I feel like Cerny overlooking hardware and Yoshida overlooking software has been an amazing combo.

I would fire the guy on the spot. I think that his ridiculously stupid decisions will end up costing Sony huge money. He is personally responsible for what is going on with the Vita.

I remember one of our users with Cartman in his avatar being feisty in his predictions that the next X-box is going to be by far the most powerful console on the market, that Sony won't afford a console as powerful as MS. That they are gonna have to make what they can with it, but won't stand a real chance since MS will easily eat more losses at launch, etc. He also claimed that PS4 will come late as the last console, some half a year later. I thought it was ridiculous and just look how funny it looks now :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I'm just surprised MS messed up the fundamentals so badly despite getting everything right with the 360.

Good job i dont listen to most people on the internet then :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Weird how quickly everything can change like it has. Makes me wonder when it'll happen again.

I won't lie, I liked crazy Ken. He was like a mad scientist. The past PlayStation consoles were engeneering wet dream. But Cerny's leadership will be better for SCE even if not as exciting.

Also. Jason come back to Sony

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Panama said:
I'm just surprised MS messed up the fundamentals so badly despite getting everything right with the 360.

one of the fundamentals is not making 50% failure rate hardware I think

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers