By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why aren’t PS4 and Xbox One titles hitting 1080p?

These new systems are mid-range PC's. There is nothing special or magical about them. I do think they'll be hitting 1080p at 60fps for many games like Wii U is now, but it takes some programming time and skill. As far as 4K goes, it's pointless for all but the largest of TVs at the closest of distances. The human eye can't really pick up the difference. It's more important for game developers to focus on detailed, beautiful worlds than higher resolution beyond 1080p.

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
I am hoping 4k tv's come down to the $3,000 or less range soon!

When it comes to £2000 or less I'll buy one 

petroleo said:
PS4 exclusives are hitting 1080p meanwhile on the Xbox one mmm, I will leave it like that. ;)

Ok you do make me laugh even Ryse on 900p looks so much better than killzone  

Lafiel said:
landguy1 said:

Seiki already offers a 39" 4KTV for ~$700 and a 50" set for ~ $1000, but well, that's a very low cost chinese producer and the sets are barebones without many features. I heard the displays are quite good, not sure how the overall build quality is though.

Other than that Sony has a 55" for $4k, so even big brands might offer something at <$3k soon.

Can't go less than 65", prefer 70".  A good 1080p 70" is about $2,500 US dollars.  I will just have to wait a little longer!

realgamer said:
landguy1 said:

When it comes to £2000 or less I'll buy one 

My girlfriend's dad bought one haha! Costs 3x as much as my car in this country.

Around the Network

Why arent some titles hitting 1080p? Because these next gen consoles are so underwhelming powerwise? Developers would want prettier graphics and particles over image quality. And with limited power, you wont be getting both in every game.

realgamer said:
petroleo said:
PS4 exclusives are hitting 1080p meanwhile on the Xbox one mmm, I will leave it like that. ;)

Ok you do make me laugh even Ryse on 900p looks so much better than killzone  

Didn't know 900p is better 1080p, but is cool ;)

CGI-Quality said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
These new systems are mid-range PC's. There is nothing special or magical about them. I do think they'll be hitting 1080p at 60fps for many games like Wii U is now, but it takes some programming time and skill. As far as 4K goes, it's pointless for all but the largest of TVs at the closest of distances. The human eye can't really pick up the difference. It's more important for game developers to focus on detailed, beautiful worlds than higher resolution beyond 1080p.

Nothing "special" or "magical" about high-end PCs either. They're just more capable. Through-and-through, the thread title and opening sentence make little sense, when all three next gen machines have games running in 1080p, with the exceptional oddballs. 

You mean high-end PC's don't have have Cell Processors, Emotion Engines, Cloud Power or Blast Processing?  I feel so let down :(

Consoles were never meant to push graphics. Consoles are meant to convenience and affordability. Consoles are a medium to bring games to masses. People still want to push graphics with a $400-$500 console? Its pointless. If you like convenience and specific exclusives then go for consoles. If you want eye melting graphics then go for powerful pc.

daredevil.shark said:

Consoles were never meant to push graphics. Consoles are meant to convenience and affordability. Consoles are a medium to bring games to masses. People still want to push graphics with a $400-$500 console? Its pointless. If you like convenience and specific exclusives then go for consoles. If you want eye melting graphics then go for powerful pc.

I agree with you entirely.  The whole debate of what the minor graphical difference there will be between the PS4 and the XB1 is just a waste of time.  If graphics are your thing, don't bother with a console at all.  Just got get a good PC.