Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia boss: “No longer possible” for consoles to have better graphics than PC

Tagged games:

Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

However, Console exclusives > PC graphics

i.e. Nintendo/PS games > PC graphics.

IMO.


PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + configerable options to suit my tastes + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget > Console exclusives

Funny how oppinions work isn't it



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

However, Console exclusives > PC graphics

i.e. Nintendo/PS games > PC graphics.

IMO.


PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget configerable options to suit my tastes > Console exclusives

Funny how oppinions work isn't it

FIFY

Edit: Didn't mean to irk you. Humorous, sure.



e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

However, Console exclusives > PC graphics

i.e. Nintendo/PS games > PC graphics.

IMO.


PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget configerable options to suit my tastes > Console exclusives

Funny how oppinions work isn't it

FIFY

Edit: Didn't mean to irk you. Humorous, sure.

I was kinda thinking ingame options with that one lol



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:
He's right.

However, Console exclusives > PC graphics

i.e. Nintendo/PS games > PC graphics.

IMO.


PC exclusives + mods + Keyboard & Mouse + the largest back catalog of any system + Hardware configerable to my needs and budget configerable options to suit my tastes > Console exclusives

Funny how oppinions work isn't it

FIFY

Edit: Didn't mean to irk you. Humorous, sure.

I was kinda thinking ingame options with that one lol

Ah well it stands nonetheless. Just modded Fallout 3 and New Vegas not too long ago and it's great. It's enough to encourage me to get a new card soon (AMD 270X or 280X). Although I certainly see what you and many other's mean regarding PC gaming preference, it's console exclusives that really appeal to me the most. Although this mainly applies to Nintendo recently (seriously thinking of going Nintendo and PC for main platforms next gen). A 270X/280X seems like a much better investment initially than a PS4. Even more with Valve taking Steam to a new level.



e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:

Ah well it stands nonetheless. Just modded Fallout 3 and New Vegas not too long ago and it's great. It's enough to encourage me to get a new card soon (AMD 270X or 280X). Although I certainly see what you and many other's mean regarding PC gaming preference, it's console exclusives that really appeal to me the most. Although this mainly applies to Nintendo recently (seriously thinking of going Nintendo and PC for main platforms next gen). A 270X/280X seems like a much better investment initially than a PS4. Even more with Valve taking Steam to a new level.


It's all down to personal preference, go to wherever you can play the games you want to play the way you want to play them. No judgement from me, everyone is different and needs to find what best suits them. I just find it annoying when some people talk about PC gaming like it's just better graphics in multiplatform games. There are a lot more reasons to be into PC gaming than just graphics, tho better graphics is a nice bonus to be sure.



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

still but they forgot to mention gaming PC will never see a God of War, a Uncharted , Last of Us, Gran Turismo games , and the list goes on and on and on....



Fayceless said:
The glaring omission in this logic is cost. 10 years ago you didn't have $1000 graphics cards. Sure, a Titan can outperform a $400 console, good for it.

There's no $400 PC that will ACTUALLY perform nearly as well as the PS4 or XB1. 'Actually' meaning, in the real world. Not some "ooh look at these 'comparable specs'" fantasy world.

Consoles vs. PC is still pretty much the same as it has always been, the difference being more expensive cards are available now.


This is 100% right. Shame it won't get attention because it isn't a bait post

PC vs Console is stupid and unfair to compare. 

They say PS4 is low to mid entry PC, yet you walk into say... a Best Buy and you will see many low to mid entry PC's. First look at price and then performance and you will see how the PS4 beats ANY PC at $400 or near that price. 

First it's very unfair because a Pc must do a ton of things consoles don't. 

Now I know someone from the so called master race will say " you can get this low entry Pc, upgrade this and that for this $$$ and bam... beter then PS4. Owned". Lol so silly and unfair

You can't bring your PC Box O' Parts into this conversation, as a even level playing field is needed. 

I could go on and on but why bother. 

Simple fact is PC vs Console is just silly. A wise man once said you need a PC roughly 2 times as powerful as a console to get same results. I know for sure he knows more then anyone here. And while the gap may have decreased somewhat, it still mostly remains true. Maybe now it's just 1.5 times, but still there nonetheless. 

Everyone seems the need to asure themselves that the money they spent, be it PC parts or consoles, was worth it. And the best way to do so is to hate or rip apart the other options of gaming. Very sad imo

We know a GPU that cost as much as a console > Console. We also know you can't beat the PS4 at it's price point. Honestly this should be common knowledge by now imo

For some reason, the PC crowd doesn't understand console gamers. It's not that we are afraid of PC's, or don't understand them, or we're too poor lol. For many of us, console gaming is simple and able to fit into our lives. Some of us have only small amounts of time to game everyday. And I am not saying PC gaming is a lot of work, just more work then Console gaming. I have never had the audio stop and have to figure out why and fix it when console gaming. The same cannot be said for PC gaming



petroleo said:
still but they forgot to mention gaming PC will never see a God of War, a Uncharted , Last of Us, Gran Turismo games , and the list goes on and on and on....


Better tell Sony they forgot to mention that the PS4 won't have Star Craft, Civilisation, DotA, Legue of Legends, Anno, ArmA, Amnesia, Company of Heroes, Total War, Europa Universalis, Wasteland, Chilvary, Guild Wars, Euro Truck Simulator, Mount & Blade, Dawn of War, Warcraft, Fable, Forza, Mario, Halo or Pikmin the list goes on and on



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Subie_Greg said:
Fayceless said:
The glaring omission in this logic is cost. 10 years ago you didn't have $1000 graphics cards. Sure, a Titan can outperform a $400 console, good for it.

There's no $400 PC that will ACTUALLY perform nearly as well as the PS4 or XB1. 'Actually' meaning, in the real world. Not some "ooh look at these 'comparable specs'" fantasy world.

Consoles vs. PC is still pretty much the same as it has always been, the difference being more expensive cards are available now.


This is 100% right. Shame it won't get attention because it isn't a bait post

PC vs Console is stupid and unfair to compare. 

They say PS4 is low to mid entry PC, yet you walk into say... a Best Buy and you will see many low to mid entry PC's. First look at price and then performance and you will see how the PS4 beats ANY PC at $400 or near that price. 

First it's very unfair because a Pc must do a ton of things consoles don't. 

Now I know someone from the so called master race will say " you can get this low entry Pc, upgrade this and that for this $$$ and bam... beter then PS4. Owned". Lol so silly and unfair

You can't bring your PC Box O' Parts into this conversation, as a even level playing field is needed. 

I could go on and on but why bother. 

Simple fact is PC vs Console is just silly. A wise man once said you need a PC roughly 2 times as powerful as a console to get same results. I know for sure he knows more then anyone here. And while the gap may have decreased somewhat, it still mostly remains true. Maybe now it's just 1.5 times, but still there nonetheless. 

Everyone seems the need to asure themselves that the money they spent, be it PC parts or consoles, was worth it. And the best way to do so is to hate or rip apart the other options of gaming. Very sad imo

We know a GPU that cost as much as a console > Console. We also know you can't beat the PS4 at it's price point. Honestly this should be common knowledge by now imo

For some reason, the PC crowd doesn't understand console gamers. It's not that we are afraid of PC's, or don't understand them, or we're too poor lol. For many of us, console gaming is simple and able to fit into our lives. Some of us have only small amounts of time to game everyday. And I am not saying PC gaming is a lot of work, just more work then Console gaming. I have never had the audio stop and have to figure out why and fix it when console gaming. The same cannot be said for PC gaming

Most PC gamers are also console gamers so they understand them just fine lol. Pc gaming isn't for everyone that is fine, consoles are great for what they are. That doesn't really change anything the Nvidia guy said tho. All platforms have their good and bad points. Nither does the price argument really. I mean if we are going to argue price we can do that with consoles as well. for example there is no PS4 at $200 that outperforms the Wii U. Does that change the fact that the Wii U will never have better graphics than the PS4? Just because a machine that performs better is more expensive, that doesn't really make the fact that it performs better any less true. And a PC doesn't have to outperform the PS4 to play great games either, that's the beauty of PCs they offer a nearly endless number of options you are not locked into just a couple of SKUs in a one size fits all model.



@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Fayceless said:
The glaring omission in this logic is cost. 10 years ago you didn't have $1000 graphics cards. Sure, a Titan can outperform a $400 console, good for it.

There's no $400 PC that will ACTUALLY perform nearly as well as the PS4 or XB1. 'Actually' meaning, in the real world. Not some "ooh look at these 'comparable specs'" fantasy world.

Consoles vs. PC is still pretty much the same as it has always been, the difference being more expensive cards are available now.


How can you possibly say that when neither console is out yet?

You have no idea how well the PS4 and XB1 perform.