By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Retro Studios “a very high priority” for next Metroid game.

What do you want Retro's next game to be?

Metroid Prime 4 15 65.22%

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 0 0%

StarFox 2 8.70%

new IP 6 26.09%

Total:23

Nintendo’s incomparable Shigeru Miyamoto has shared his belief that Retro Studios are “a very capable studio” that would be “a very high priority” as the potential team to once again take on the company’s currently dormant sci-fi action-adventure series.

Such discussion emerged within the pages of Official Nintendo Magazine, in which Miyamoto sat down to chat with the publication in helping to celebrate its 100th issue milestone.

“Retro is a very capable studio and can design a lot of different types of game and I know that because I produced Metroid Prime,” Miyamoto explained. “But when it did Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii, apparently it had a lot of fun making that title and from what I’ve heard it put in a request and said that it wanted to do a new Donkey Kong Country game on Wii U themselves.

“In particular the company built up quite a lot of knowhow in that specific style of gameplay and as a consequence felt that it could leverage that again in creating something new in that same style for Wii U.

“I think Retro has really come to a point at which it’s possible for it to have multiple lines running at the same time and having different projects in development. I totally think there are possibilities to see different projects from Retro in the future.”

Whilst Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze looks sublime, many were disheartened that Retro’s project didn’t turn out to be their return to the Metroid series. Although Miyamoto sees them as “a very high priority” to take on such project if Nintendo ever decided to see Samus back in action.

He continued, “Certainly the Metroid franchise is one that, when you talk about really bringing the world to life, we feel that Metroid and the characters established are really important for Nintendo. So important that they were included, obviously, in Nintendo Land.

“I definitely think it’s a franchise that we value and we certainly want to see what we can do with it in the future. And, obviously, Retro is a very high priority in terms of the potential team that would be considered for working on a Metroid game.”

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/09/20/miyamoto-retro-studios-a-very-high-priority-for-next-metroid-game/

this statemet piqued my curiousity quite a bit “I think Retro has really come to a point at which it’s possible for it to have multiple lines running at the same time and having different projects in development.” I think this is happening. I am convinced the team is working on another game at the moment alongside DKC Tropical Freeze, you don't hire people from studios like Naughty Dog, Virgil, Crytek, etc. just to work on Donkey Kong Country.

Around the Network
cheesecake said:

He continued, “Certainly the Metroid franchise is one that, when you talk about really bringing the world to life, we feel that Metroid and the characters established are really important for Nintendo. So important that they were included, obviously, in Nintendo Land.

F-Zero U Confirmed.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

i was beaten by 2 minutes :P http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168964&page=1
mods can lock.

Cheebee said:
cheesecake said:

F-Zero U Confirmed.

I thought the same when I read this. maybe it's the third sonic title? wouldn't be hard to put sonic in there. his speed already matches the game.

Zero999 said:
Cheebee said:
cheesecake said:

F-Zero U Confirmed.

I thought the same when I read this. maybe it's the third sonic title? wouldn't be hard to put sonic in there. his speed already matches the game.

what does Sonic have to do with F-Zero? XD, unless you're talking about an F-Zero X Sega all-stars racing, but i don't think that's likely.

Around the Network
cheesecake said:
Zero999 said:

what does Sonic have to do with F-Zero? XD, unless you're talking about an F-Zero X Sega all-stars racing, but i don't think that's likely.

I'm playing with the fact that sega confirmed a third sonic game from their deal with nintendo. they could surprise us by saying the sonic game was actually a new f-zero with sonic as a racer.

Zero999 said:
cheesecake said:
Zero999 said:

I'm playing with the fact that sega confirmed a third sonic game from their deal with nintendo. they could surprise us by saying the sonic game was actually a new f-zero with sonic as a racer.

3 "Sonic" games, as in, 3 games starring Sonic. last time i checked, F-Zero stars Captain Falcon :P

cheesecake said:
Zero999 said:

3 "Sonic" games, as in, 3 games starring Sonic. last time i checked, F-Zero stars Captain Falcon :P

throw sonic in f-zero and it turns into a sonic game :p

Why the repost ?

fatslob-:O said:
Why the repost ?

cheesecake said:
i was beaten by 2 minutes :P http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168964&page=1
mods can lock.