By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA 5 first day sales hit $800 million, according to Take Two’s internal estimates

Well deserved, that's an insane amount of games sold (13 million) in the first day

Around the Network

Damn....I expected it to be huge, but this is a bit higher than I was expecting. My estimate had it doing 800 mill in about the first week...but in one day? Crazy

That's why $250 million is an investment a game like this deserves. Next GTA will break $300 million mark in development.

But I thought Angry Birds and candy crush were the future of gaming.......

Seriously though, it is well deserved.

Awesome game.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

and imagine that from my friends 5 people are waiting for the next gen version. 

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Grand Theft Auto VI confirmed.

That was confirmed after the launch of GTA: SA if not then GTA: VC

Incredible how fast time fly.

this morning i was surprised by huge MH sales numbers and just few hours later there is a game that is about 10x bigger

That is A LOT of copies. Damn.

Well deserved in my opinion. My favorite franchise of all time,does it again.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
How much did the fastest selling movie did on its first weekend?
I know Harry Potter did something like $400 million. Is there a bigger movie?

Here is the chart, Potter is number 1 with 483M