By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo comments on PS Vita remote play, takes a dig at Vita’s poor sales

BossPuma said:
iamdeath said:
Wii-u is selling worse then vita.....think about that Nintendo.

And its also been on the market a lot longer.

But the Vita has been outselling it weekly, according to this site. 

Around the Network
BossPuma said:
iamdeath said:

Weekly sales charts........................

well, in my opinion, the headline and the author just wants to stir the pot - moffit explains his views in a respectful and professional matter. here is his full answer. I

"Yeah. Commenting specifically on that, Sony I believe seems to have a different kind of strategy. They believe that the away-from-home gaming occasion and the at-home gaming occasion are pretty similar in that way, and that what people want outside the home is to continue the play of their home games. We just don't believe that. So we have a different belief -- a different strategy -- as far as what we believe consumers want. It doesn't mean one is right or wrong, but clearly the PS Vita's sales wouldn't suggest that they've found something that we haven't discovered."

i don't see this as a dig at sony.
Can someone explain to me how it is?

edit:

no one in the comment section of source interview has even noticed

Meh.

So it is the seventh thread about it ?

iceboy151 said:
BossPuma said:
iamdeath said:

But the Vita has been outselling it weekly, according to this site. 

I know. Thats probably because it has a good amount of jrpg releases. Vita is only outselling the Wii U in Japan and a small amount in Europe. We should give the Wii U the same amount of time the Vita had before we compare games and sales.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Meh.

So it is the seventh thread about it ?

MohammadBadir said:
I think this was posted seven times.

Already posted.

gooch_destroyer said:

The ability to play home consoles games on a handheld sounds really cool, though at the same time, I’d rather play console games on a big screen. When I’m on the go, I’m usually more in the mood to play something simpler and quicker like Cut the Rope.

- See more at: http://beefjack.com/news/nintendo-comments-on-ps-vita-remote-play-takes-a-dig-at-vitas-poor-sales/#sthash.28TFl88H.dpuf

Er ... yeah, except the Vita probably has more games like Cut the Rope than the 3DS.

mii-gamer said:

well, in my opinion, the headline and the author just wants to stir the pot - moffit explains his views in a respectful and professional matter. here is his full answer. I

"Yeah. Commenting specifically on that, Sony I believe seems to have a different kind of strategy. They believe that the away-from-home gaming occasion and the at-home gaming occasion are pretty similar in that way, and that what people want outside the home is to continue the play of their home games. We just don't believe that. So we have a different belief -- a different strategy -- as far as what we believe consumers want. It doesn't mean one is right or wrong, but clearly the PS Vita's sales wouldn't suggest that they've found something that we haven't discovered."

edit:

people see what they want to see. its common trait we all share. What we don't all share is rational to accept something from another person lol.

mii-gamer said:

edit:

I completely agree.  I read the OP twice trying to read something that could reasonably be described as a jab or in any way disrespectful. 

This guy answered in about the most respectful manner that he possibly could, particularly given the amount that they are outselling the competition by. 

I mean are we going to try to pretend now that Vita sales, or WiiU sales for that matter are good?  They are not, they are abysmal and any suggestion that Nintendo needs to modify its 3DS strategy in any way to respond to the Vita, is madness.