By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One DRM: Microsoft’s Penello doesn’t see it returning

Zappykins said:
Anfebious said:

I could see the same benefits as you except one thing. I love to collect them!, it sounds weird but I love having the games on the shelf just so I can browse through my collection. Also the manuals! I love them.

Then again if you get them digitally you don't have to trouble yourself trying to find the game, going to the store and buying the game. Also a collection can take a lot of space and you can use the space for other things. Also if it is implemented like steam we could see some games cheaper.

In conclusion that is my problem, I love to collect them and have them in my shelf, but that doesn't mean that I don't have digital games. In fact I have quite a lot but I like to have the option of having the digital and the physical format.

That's cool.  It makes you happy.  I have all mine lined up together, although all the disk are actually in a case near my consoles.  I thought some of the resin artwork was really cool. 

Another thing that could lower the price, is all the cost of manufacturing, distribution, reselling, etc.  Unfortunately, this will put many people in those jobs out of work.

Have fun, unless it gets out of hand and you end up on hoarders, lol.

Hehe you are right I'll have to find a way to avoid ending up on hoarders xD. Still I mostly buy games I really like and try to limit myself. I think in the future I will end up getting most of them digitally and only some in physical form but for now I'll keep collecting! xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Anfebious said:

I could see the same benefits as you except one thing. I love to collect them!, it sounds weird but I love having the games on the shelf just so I can browse through my collection. Also the manuals! I love them.

Then again if you get them digitally you don't have to trouble yourself trying to find the game, going to the store and buying the game. Also a collection can take a lot of space and you can use the space for other things. Also if it is implemented like steam we could see some games cheaper.

In conclusion that is my problem, I love to collect them and have them in my shelf, but that doesn't mean that I don't have digital games. In fact I have quite a lot but I like to have the option of having the digital and the physical format.

That's cool.  It makes you happy.  I have all mine lined up together, although all the disk are actually in a case near my consoles.  I thought some of the resin artwork was really cool. 

Another thing that could lower the price, is all the cost of manufacturing, distribution, reselling, etc.  Unfortunately, this will put many people in those jobs out of work.

Have fun, unless it gets out of hand and you end up on hoarders, lol.

im in that same boat i actually like the boxes.  so they should get rid of the disk and move to usb sticks .

can't trust these guys... they will probably release a kinectless SKU late 2014 after saying "X1 is kinect" and all that crap

& they will probably reintroduce DRM at some point

Microsoft has ruined the trust between them and their customers already this year. If they pulled that, no one would ever trust a word they say ever again.

I sure hope they stick by this.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018