By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop explains, and Metroid Prime Trilogy is Next!

GameStop Says They Were Able To Secure Limited Number Of Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy Next

GameStop confirmed to Kotaku that they were recently able to source a limited number of copies of Xenoblade Chronicles to carry in their stores and online. The company says that it listens to the feedback it gets from its PowerUp customers about stocking certain vintage titles. The news comes after a source close to the retailer said that the company printed a few thousand copies of Xenoblade Chronicles with no shrink-wrap in order to restock their inventory, then labeled them as pre-owned.The US retailer says that Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii should be hitting stores in the coming months.

Source:http://kotaku.com/gamestop-90-xenoblade-is-based-on-current-market-val-1123377091

Nintendo has declined to comment on this story.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

What?! Is this true!!!???

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Very interesting, I'm not sure if I should get Xenoblade while I can or not.

VGPolyglot said:
Very interesting, I'm not sure if I should get Xenoblade while I can or not.

You should. Don't even THINK about it.

Gamestop listens to PowerUp subscribers. What does Nintendo use to listen to their fanbase?

Around the Network

Metroid Prime Trilogy!?!?!?!!? Oh. My pants.

Gamestop! Power to the player.

Goatseye said:
Gamestop listens to PowerUp subscribers. What does Nintendo use to listen to their fanbase?

I agree, I hear people jumping down Gamestop's throat about this when honestly its Nintendo's fault.  They don't listen to their fans, they don't care that people are dying to play the game, they don't care that its going for $200+ online, so I really can't blame Gamestop for giving the people the game they want.  Now the price is another thing, it should not be $90.

I seriously wish I listened to myself when I was contemplating to pick up Metriod Prime Trilogy, and when I should've preordered more copies of Xenoblade.

If true, great! People should definitely pick up these titles. Particularly Xenoblade. You need only check the official thread to see that!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.