By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
Talking about Banjo I think Rare will have to do a lot to make it successful. Dont get me wrong I mean the standards set by open world games are very high so people will somewhere in mind compare Banjo to it. Its mechanics have also aged so they will go through some transition. What I think is if Banjo is to be released this year either Rare really needs to hit that balance between modern and traditional or go with some other game.

This is true. Rare definitely has an uphil battle pleasing fans with Banjo 3, especially after Nuts and Bolts. 

What I think is I played Banjo kazooie and tooie they are great games but in their respective times I get it because I think from that perspective everybody will not they will simply not like that game by today's standards because the camera angle and mechanics have aged. So if Rare tries to keep the things the traditional way I don't think the game will have a great reception from general media and on the other hand Banjo fans might love it but that is also questionable since we don't know their standards as well. Rare will have to do a lot to hit that balance because 3rd person platformers have evolved in general but the question is will Banjo also evolve and will that advancements and changes accepted by fans.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
FrontlineJaguar said:

Its going to be in one of those unfortunate cases where it cant live up to nostalgia even if it is better than the original.  However, because Nuts & Bolts wasnt what people wanted it also could be praised simply for going back to its roots.   

But dont we want it to evolve to modern standards and modernize a bit while keeping the core stuff to its roots. I think it will not be easy to develop the game. Hope my doubts are wrong and new Banjo rocks the show, well we only need to wait till e3 or gamescom.

FrontlineJaguar said:
JayWood2010 said:

But dont we want it to evolve to modern standards and modernize a bit while keeping the core stuff to its roots. I think it will not be easy to develop the game. Hope my doubts are wrong and new Banjo rocks the show, well we only need to wait till e3 or gamescom.

Going back to its roots doesnt necessarily mean that it would be exactly the same.  Rather it means that it would play like Banjo-Kazooie 1&2.  As in a traditional 3D platformer.

Banjo Nuts & Bolts was a good game for a spinoff, but because people had been waiting so long for Banjo 3, and still waiting it pissed people off.  That is not what people wanted.  They should have only made Nuts and Bolts after they made Banjo 3, and they should have promoted it as a spinoff as well.

Everything evolves though.

Anyone want to order a "Xbox" version of my signature? I would need some character suggestions though!
Also, I really really really hope Xbox 1 reaches 25m by end of 2015. Yea, it's bold.

JayWood2010 said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
JayWood2010 said:

Going back to its roots doesnt necessarily mean that it would be exactly the same.  Rather it means that it would play like Banjo-Kazooie 1&2.  As in a traditional 3D platformer.

Banjo Nuts & Bolts was a good game for a spinoff, but because people had been waiting so long for Banjo 3, and still waiting it pissed people off.  That is not what people wanted.  They should have only made Nuts and Bolts after they made Banjo 3, and they should have promoted it as a spinoff as well.

Everything evolves though.

Yes everything evolves but at what levels you cannot evolve it to such an extent that fans feel alienated and then you can only evolve a bit which makes the game bit of the same. I believe a similar balance to Halo 5 needs to be achieved. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Mick Gordon posted this on twitter....Omen's theme sounds crazy

http://instagram.com/p/xmxS1BpqIn/

and Adam Isgreen posted a leg xD

I wasnt expecting that lol

Ryuu96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Is that a good or bad thing? xD

Its good though not my style of music

I thought Dying Light cancelled or something like a 2-3 months ago.

Ryuu96 said:

Mick Gordon posted this on twitter....Omen's theme sounds crazy

http://instagram.com/p/xmxS1BpqIn/

and Adam Isgreen posted a leg xD

Dude, this sounds awesome :) Can't wait to hear the full theme.

Ka-pi96 said:

Only the last gen versions were cancelled. It became a current gen only game.

Ohhh damn I just saw Dying Light and cancelled so I didn't bother reading the rest from the article that I saw so I scratched it off my to get list. But since my list is too big for now I'll have to get it more later this year.