By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn’s Xbox 360 snub is due to Microsoft’s policies, says Square

mibuokami said:

How do you keep doing it you magnificent bastard!?!?

It's a kind of magic (magic magic magic magic!).

Around the Network
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

Phew. That was close.

But seriously... how many would this sell on the 360? 

Id say around 200K

I'm pretty sure every MMO on the 360 sold much better than that. Granted there are few and I don't think VGChartz numbers are accurate on some of those titles.

I think 500K is more realistic, perhaps higher if its actually good. Even Defiance is inching its way to that number.

Eitherway I don't understand why Square needs this game to work with other platforms. They could let the 360 and perhaps the X1 have its own community. MS's rules doesn't have to stop this game from being on Xbox.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That would be cool if Microsoft allowed that, imagine PS4 players playing online with XBO players on next gen games.

badgenome said:
mibuokami said:

How do you keep doing it you magnificent bastard!?!?

It's a kind of magic (magic magic magic magic!).

Btw you lost your princess tiara.

Erm I got nothing to say on topic so I'll shut up from now on.

Mr Puggsly said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

Phew. That was close.

Id say around 200K

I'm pretty sure every MMO on the 360 sold much better than that. Granted there are few and I don't think VGChartz numbers are accurate on some of those titles.

I think 500K is more realistic, perhaps higher if its actually good. Even Defiance is inching its way to that number.

Eitherway I don't understand why Square needs this game to work with other platforms. They could let the 360 and perhaps the X1 have its own community. MS's rules doesn't have to stop this game from being on Xbox.

I think looking at FF11 would be a better number, but I can't see many FF fans picking 360 version over PS3 and PS4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Yeah not surprising, since NOTHING changed since the interview in 2010.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/closed-xbox-live-blocked-ffxiv

Mr Puggsly said:
think-man said:
kowenicki said:

Phew. That was close.

Id say around 200K

If the players of every other version can share the same gaming world, XB ones knowing it could feel in comparison like confined in a ghetto. And even excluding this very subjective sensation, that could affect just a minority, users of others platforms, joined in a big community, would enjoy a world living in a more intense way, not to mention that even in the last phases of the game's life, with the communities dwindling, the most crowded common world would keep on looking populated and alive longer than the separated one, that would also cease being economically sustainable sooner.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

outlawauron said:

I think looking at FF11 would be a better number, but I can't see many FF fans picking 360 version over PS3 and PS4.

The VGChartz numbers for FF11 aren't accurate.

3 Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection X360 2009 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.24 0.00 0.00 0.02 0.26
4 Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess X360 2007 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.20 0.00 0.02 0.02 0.24
5 Final Fantasy XI: Online X360 2006 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.17 0.00 0.00 0.01 0.19
6 Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 X360 2007 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.13 0.00 0.01 0.01 0.15

Where are the European numbers?
Where are Japan numbers for FFXI: Online and Ultimate Collection?
How did Wings of the Goddess (an expansion) sell more units than the core game?

People who own a 360 but not a PS3/4, would obviously opt for the 360 version. Try using some simple logic.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ajescent said:
kowenicki said:

Phew. That was close.

Really? Seems an odd thing to do, celebrate a game not coming to your system of choice. 

You would be surprised how many of us feel this way...I want final fantasy on Xbox...Just not that online mess

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Ajescent said:
kowenicki said:

Phew. That was close.

Really? Seems an odd thing to do, celebrate a game not coming to your system of choice. 

You would be surprised how many of us feel this way...I want final fantasy on Xbox...Just not that online mess

just get a playstation to play it

mM