By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might extend free Xbox Gold games offer, is “sorry about dissapointment”

Multimedialover said:
Gerinako said:
Xbox game giveaway isn't even anywhere near a ballpark compared to the PS+ service

I'd say it's still in the school field

PSN Plus needs to giv you he gam before we an compare. NOT RENT. LOL. Usual ony are better spin.

Pretty simple wwhat is the far better offer, unless everyone suddenly is blind to Sonys BS.

By giving game away and not a rental services you bottleneck the quality games you can offer, with psn plus you would be getting Reach instead of halo 3

Around the Network
Multimedialover said:
Gerinako said:
Multimedialover said:
LOL.

PSN Plus needs to giv you he gam before we an compare. NOT RENT. LOL. Usual ony are better spin.

Dad says to first daughter you can play with 4 toys but have to wash the car every week, If you stop washing the car I take the toys back. 

Says to the 2nd daughter you can have 1 toy to keep forever even if you stop washing the car every week.

Pretty simple wwhat is the far better offer, unless everyone suddenly is blind to Sonys BS.

Absolute boulderdash

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/198601-list-eu-playstation-plus-igc-free-games.html

The PS+ represents fantastic value for money and throws me more free games than I have time to play.

Regardless of if it's a 'rental' service or not.

It's a voluntary payment system that isn't a necessity yet represents (clearly by # of subscribers) fantastic value for money.

Xbox Gold (counting this and upcoming offers) doesn't even come close yet.

A rental service cannot provide offers. You dont own it. Oh wait wasnt that what people were complining about from DRM issue wit Microsoft.

Wait its the almighty Sony. IT MUST BE OK!

Gotta love double standards.

Sorry I wont pay for a service that dosnt let me own what I pay for.

Microsoft are givng away free games forever. We should start a petiton against how badly Sony is treating our rights as consumers. 

And its no longer voluntary if you want to play online Killzone Shadowfall. 

Your rights bro. Your rights.

Wow, really?

Gold - Keep paying us to be able to pay a chunk of a game you already bought.

Plus - Keep paying us to have a new set of games to play every month.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

betacon said:
Multimedialover said:
Gerinako said:
Xbox game giveaway isn't even anywhere near a ballpark compared to the PS+ service

I'd say it's still in the school field

By giving game away and not a rental services you bottleneck the quality games you can offer, with psn plus you would be getting Reach instead of halo 3

Theres over 60 million 360 owners who didint buy Halo 3. Over45 milion with Live Gold. Im sure all thosethat didnt play are praising microsoft massively as they realise its oneof the best games this generation on console.

Sorr but I had PS PLus for 6 months and the games were crap indie games etc. And when I didnt renew was duped by Sony as I couldnt play nothing.

Multimedialover said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.

Stop cmparng SOnys rental servie with Microsofts freebies.

Sony need to b giving games away not renting before PSN Plus is even in the same ballpark.

....Did you read the link I sent you? Its Microsofts answer to PSN Plus, so thank them for putting pressure on them along with many other things relieving a lot of pressure from the Xbox one.

Osc89 said:
Multimedialover said:
Gerinako said:
Multimedialover said:
LOL.

Dad says to first daughter you can play with 4 toys but have to wash the car every week, If you stop washing the car I take the toys back. 

Says to the 2nd daughter you can have 1 toy to keep forever even if you stop washing the car every week.

Absolute boulderdash

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/198601-list-eu-playstation-plus-igc-free-games.html

The PS+ represents fantastic value for money and throws me more free games than I have time to play.

Regardless of if it's a 'rental' service or not.

It's a voluntary payment system that isn't a necessity yet represents (clearly by # of subscribers) fantastic value for money.

Xbox Gold (counting this and upcoming offers) doesn't even come close yet.

A rental service cannot provide offers. You dont own it. Oh wait wasnt that what people were complining about from DRM issue wit Microsoft.

Microsoft are givng away free games forever. We should start a petiton against how badly Sony is treating our rights as consumers. 

Wow, really?

Gold offering a one of the best games of the gen to over 60 million players who never bought it. Now they can play and keep for fee.

Plus offering games on rental that you dont own. Or indie games tat even with discounts noone wants. Wonder why Live games sell WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than PSN PLUS diiscount games?

Anything regarding Sony is 2 faced on these forums.

Around the Network

He can't be serious? Can he?

I'll just stick with my Battlefield 3 tomorrow.

Multimedialover said:
Osc89 said:
Multimedialover said:

Wow, really?

Gold offering a one of the best games of the gen to over 60 million players who never bought it. Now they can play and keep for fee.

Plus offering games on rental that you dont own. Or indie games tat even with discounts noone wants. Wonder why Live games sell WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than PSN PLUS diiscount games?

Anything regarding Sony is 2 faced on these forums.

Offering games on rental is better than making you rent part of a game you already bought.

And how is Defense Grid one of the best games of the generation?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Egann said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.

Disagree. If you look at it, Sony's offering indy titles to encourage gamers to branch out, while Microsoft is offering already successful titles in hopes of making their mega-franchise future releases even bigger. Free games extends to PS4. I haven't heard about this extending to XB1, and I expect it won't.

To an initial glance it looks like they're competing, but they actually aren't.

Whatever you say, but  "Games for Gold" is MS new initiative to combat PSN Plus. Their first two free games are Halo 3 and Fable. There was a little bit of a backlash to it because MS was trying to win people over with old games whilst Sony was giving away XCOM, Uncharted 3 & Deus Ex.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Egann said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Disagree. If you look at it, Sony's offering indy titles to encourage gamers to branch out, while Microsoft is offering already successful titles in hopes of making their mega-franchise future releases even bigger. Free games extends to PS4. I haven't heard about this extending to XB1, and I expect it won't.

To an initial glance it looks like they're competing, but they actually aren't.

Whatever you say, but  "Games for Gold" is MS new initiative to combat PSN Plus. Their first two free games are Halo 3 and Fable. There was a little bit of a backlash to it because MS was trying to win people over with old games whilst Sony was giving away XCOM, Uncharted 3 & Deus Ex.

Difference being, MS actually is giving the games away. You need to have Gold to get them, but if the day after downloading them, your Gold expires, you are still keeping and playing those games. Sony on the other hand isn't "giving away XCOM, Uncharted 3 & Deus Ex". They're allowing you access to those games as rentals, so long as you are a subscriber to their service. What you are describing would be like me saying "omg can you believe Blockbuster is giving me these free games?". How silly would that be LOL. What MS is doing is more like a "buy 1 get 1 free" type deal. You pay for one thing and get the other, and it's actually yours, no strings attached.

Furthermore, even if these two services offered the same type of service to gamers, which they don't, it took awhile for PS+ to become what it is. Bitching and whining because MS isn't matching it day one is hilarious.

ganoncrotch said:

That was the dashboard which featured fable 3 not being part of the free with gold games. I'm sure you could see the confusion from the point of say, anyone who uses a 360 console and can read.

edit - would think btw if it wasn't part of games for gold, why did silver members not get it? why was it, unrelated to games for gold, but only a game, for gold members.

Not sure what else to tell you. MS said it wasn't part of it, and the service just kicked off. Hell during E3 they never even referenced Fable 3.