By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

NVIDIA Responds to Melting Cables, Warranty Concerns, & 12VHPWR Adapter Failures

Took them long enough... Nvidia basically says it's user error and they will RMA all of them. There's about 50 cases globally that have melted.  So 0.04% failure rate. Nvidia has sold 125,000 4090s according to board partners which is insane considering the cost of the card. Nvidia also said they will RMA cards that have this issue with third party cables as well.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Grabbing DragonFlight tomorrow, because I want those event items that will vanish when the expac fully launches, but I also wanna make that Dracthyr before launch to get to know the class/race better (plus I just wanna fly around Azeroth like it's Spyro).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well, it was about time they said something!

Thankfully, the owners will get their cards replaced. but it's not like Nvidia could do something else.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This game looks so dang good. Assuming reviews are good, day 1

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm not the only one to notice the influence of Dead Space, right?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yea it's made by Dead Space devs since EA nuked the studio cause EA

Ah! That certainly explains a lot.

Not really PC gaming but I bought a refurb desktop to use as my future plex server.

A old PC I had gotten from work has shit specs and piss poor storage lol - so decided to get this.

In the future, once I get a new gaming desktop, my current gaming desktop will become my general PC and my general PC will become my plex server after that.

LG Announces The World‘s First 1440p OLED Gaming Monitor With 240Hz, The 27GR95QE-B

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gr95qe-b
https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/yzbbyc/lg_announces_the_worlds_first_1440p_oled_gaming/

• 27 inches

• 0.03ms Response Times (GtG)

• WOLED

• AMD Freesync Premium / Nvidia Gsync Compatible (no native module)

• Q1 2023 Release (full announcement probably at CES)

• DCI-P3 98.5%

• Matte Anti-Glare panel, Low-Reflection of the front polarizer

• HDR10 support

• Flat / Not curved

• 10-Bit colors

• No details on SDR and HDR brightness

Now just need the 32 inch 4k version and I'll bite

AMD Backs Off RDNA 3 Efficiency Comparison to RTX 4090

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-hides-perforamnce-per-watt-graph-rx-7900-xtx

Such cowards lmao

Nobody Wants NVIDIA’s $1199 US GeForce RTX 4080: Despite Lower Shipments, Retailers & Stores Are Stocked With Cards

https://wccftech.com/nobody-wants-nvidia-1199-us-geforce-rtx-4080-despite-lower-shipments-retailers-stores-are-stocked-with-cards/

Good good. Fuck that disgraceful price point from Nvidia

Ooh nice. Finally smaller OLED monitors. Bit pricey for a 27" 1440P but considering its an OLED, and at 240hz.. thats got to be amazing for competitive gaming. The motion on that has to look buttery smooth.

Also managed to snag a ridiculous bargain from Amazon. There were 1TB WD SN850X going for £14 each! So I naturally ordered 4. And they actually came lol. Usually have terrible luck at getting mispriced stuff.

Anyone else get anything this decent (tech wise) this Black Friday?

Last edited by hinch - on 19 November 2022