By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chicho said:

Looks like power consumption will be lower than the RTX 40 Series. 350W for the 7900XTX and 300W for the 7900XT. Compare that to the 40 Series here

Depends on where the 7900XTX lands in the reviews. The performance estimates might make it land more closer to a 4080 than 4090 in Raster but we will see.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 04 November 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I feel AMD is trying it's best to be as cost-effective as possible here.

I'm okay with where RT sits... AMD has historically always invested LESS in "side technologies" than nVidia, be it DLSS/Upscaling, Tessellation, Ray Tracing and more, I expected this before the GPU's even got rumored. (Hence why we should never pay attention to bullshit rumors, they are a hype-train to garner paid clicks.)

Where things get interesting is that each pipeline is now dual issue, it means they have some extremely high amounts of floating point compute capability, which lends itself to crypto extremely well, this could be a good thing for AMD, but a shit thing for those looking for a more cost-effective gaming solution.

But it also means that the drivers need to be on-point, because in order to get as much throughput as possible, the compilers need to be great to keep all the pipelines busy working.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm honestly not fussed about RT, considering that not every game has RT properly nailed or as wonderous as it is made/marketed out to be, so I'm more focused on price point, raster perf and power consumption, and so far AMD is hitting some of those boxes for me, but price point of their second card could be 100 lower (instead of 899, which we know may as well be 900, should be 799 instead).

That said, I'm prob gonna wait and see the benches they do with these two cards out in the wild, as well as seeing if a price war will happen. So far I've got two choices, their 899 card or Nvidia's 3080.

I also really couldn't give a fuck about DLSS 3.0, because I dislike the idea of cramming in fake frames and increasing input latency, like c'mon, even animators know that injecting extra frames into an animation doesn't automatically make said animation better.

I'd also like to rip on GN for going over the top on AMD's marketing segment, because Steve is bordering close to "giggawatt" territory, and gonna be honest, that's cringe and extremely nerdy, and I don't give two shits about 8k gaming Steve, why should any of us really care about 8k or 8k marketing, when we cannot afford such a resolution?.

Please leave the Professor Frink explanations to the goofy idiot on youtube that is Linus, he likes to talk gobbledegook half the time for views, I don't ened GN overextending into that territory of:

(seriously, cannot stress how obnoxious, needless and irksome it is to watch a nerd on youtube go full nerd over a resolution I couldn't give two fucks about, and think 99% of us need to somehow care about something 99% of us cannot fucking afford, it's stupid and dumb to get assmad over that, instead of 1080p/1440p raster and RT perf/wattage).

Last edited by Chazore - on 04 November 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

GN calling out AMD's BS marketing

Radeon is acting like Intel lul.

It looks like he was having hard time with almost everything not just AMD's misleading marketing, you have Nvidia's low quality adapter, RTX 4090 being oversized card for the compact cases, Intel Arc GPU's driver/control panel problems, overpriced AMD motherboards and CPUs and on and on and on lol

QUAKECore89 said:

It looks like he was having hard time with almost everything not just AMD's misleading marketing, you have Nvidia's low quality adapter, RTX 4090 being oversized card for the compact cases, Intel Arc GPU's driver/control panel problems, overpriced AMD motherboards and CPUs and on and on and on lol

Let's be honest here lads, the GPU market has been a complete shitshow these past 2 yrs lol.

Yeah the 4090 is the fuckin bees knees, everyone knows that, but we can't all afford it, it's fucking chonkers and drains a lot of power to top it all off.

We're also entering a new eco crisis and power bills are going up and up, so like, I don't know why we should see the 4090 as some beacon of a win, when the rest of everything else has been such shit, I consider the 4090 a fuckup if anything, so I can get why Steve would be assmad, because everything imo has been shit. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Let's be honest here lads, the GPU market has been a complete shitshow these past 2 yrs lol.

Yeah the 4090 is the fuckin bees knees, everyone knows that, but we can't all afford it, it's fucking chonkers and drains a lot of power to top it all off.

We're also entering a new eco crisis and power bills are going up and up, so like, I don't know why we should see the 4090 as some beacon of a win, when the rest of everything else has been such shit, I consider the 4090 a fuckup if anything, so I can get why Steve would be assmad, because everything imo has been shit. 

I still think 4090 is the worst hardware product ever produced next to RX 6500 XT in terms of quality product and also out of box, the users returned their customized rigs back to PC retailers after adapters got melted and offered 100% refund due to lack of aftermarket cables in the market.

Yeah, i know this sounds like an extreme as fuck, but lol... Hear me out, we didn't even get aftermarket cable solution for the RTX 4090/4080 in advance before the cards arrived.

NVIDIA Has Shipped 100,000 AD102 “Ada” GPUs For GeForce RTX 4090 Graphics Card So Far

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-has-shipped-100000-ad102-ada-gpus-for-geforce-rtx-4090-graphics-card-so-far/

That's a lot more than I expected considering the cost of the card and that it's out of stock in a lot of places still

AMD Radeon RX 7900 GPUs are ‘designed to scale up to 3.0 GHz’

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7900-gpus-are-designed-to-scale-up-to-3-0-ghz

This really does feel like AMD tried to copy Nvidia for better or for worse.

RDNA 3 GPUs Support DP 2.1 At 54Gbps for "4k480" (must be DSC), Also 8k60 AV1 Encode/Decode (x-post /r/HFR)

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/yldrob/rdna_3_gpus_support_dp_21_at_54gbps_for_4k480/

Looks like the DP 2.1 in RDNA 3 isn't the full bandwidth DP2.1. Because of this, while you can still achieve higher display resolutions/framerate than DP 1.4 with DSC, the difference isn't as big until you add in DSC on top. The only saving grace for Nvidia ironically is HDMI 2.1 which has 48Gbps and can also have DSC. The question is whether or not DP2.1 monitors will also have full bandwidth HDMI 2.1.

Maybe the first burnt connector with native ATX3.0 cable

https://new.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/yltzbt/maybe_the_first_burnt_connector_with_native_atx30/

Looks like even Native ATX 3.0 cable might be having issues. The PSU is made from MSI.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 04 November 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

QUAKECore89 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

GN calling out AMD's BS marketing

Radeon is acting like Intel lul.

Yea I think he was not liking the fact that AMD presented a product without hard performance numbers. There's a very stark difference between RDNA 2 product launch and RDNA 3. With RDNA 2, AMD got their hands on a 3080 and 3090 and showcased how 6900XT and 6800XT performs against them in several games. RDNA 3 on the other hand, despite 4090 being out for so long... Zero comparisons. Hell they didn't even compare again Ampere and that's what GN was rightfully pissed about because sure, you can take shots at the competitor but if you aren't gonna show performance numbers against them and only take shots, there's something seriously suspicious about your product.

Chazore said:

I'm honestly not fussed about RT, considering that not every game has RT properly nailed or as wonderous as it is made/marketed out to be, so I'm more focused on price point, raster perf and power consumption, and so far AMD is hitting some of those boxes for me, but price point of their second card could be 100 lower (instead of 899, which we know may as well be 900, should be 799 instead).

That said, I'm prob gonna wait and see the benches they do with these two cards out in the wild, as well as seeing if a price war will happen. So far I've got two choices, their 899 card or Nvidia's 3080.

I also really couldn't give a fuck about DLSS 3.0, because I dislike the idea of cramming in fake frames and increasing input latency, like c'mon, even animators know that injecting extra frames into an animation doesn't automatically make said animation better.

I'd also like to rip on GN for going over the top on AMD's marketing segment, because Steve is bordering close to "giggawatt" territory, and gonna be honest, that's cringe and extremely nerdy, and I don't give two shits about 8k gaming Steve, why should any of us really care about 8k or 8k marketing, when we cannot afford such a resolution?.

Please leave the Professor Frink explanations to the goofy idiot on youtube that is Linus, he likes to talk gobbledegook half the time for views, I don't ened GN overextending into that territory of:

(seriously, cannot stress how obnoxious, needless and irksome it is to watch a nerd on youtube go full nerd over a resolution I couldn't give two fucks about, and think 99% of us need to somehow care about something 99% of us cannot fucking afford, it's stupid and dumb to get assmad over that, instead of 1080p/1440p raster and RT perf/wattage).

No one cares about 8k resolution and that is precisely why he was ripping on AMD because those of us that watched the press event had to sit through AMDs 8k segment. If people don't call companies out, they are gonna continue to include pointless segments like 8k in their press event. Also he ripped on Nvidia for doing 8k bs marketing so I don't see why he shouldn't have ripped on AMD when they did 8k nonsense either. I think more reviewers should call out bs marketing instead of just promoting it.

Let's go with the Friday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

You can grab Warhammer: Vermintide 2 free and for keeps on Steam
https://www.pcgamer.com/you-can-grab-warhammer-vermintide-2-free-and-for-keeps-on-steam/
It's the 7th anniversary of Fatshark's "gleefully gory" multiplayer shooter Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and to celebrate the big birthday the studio is giving the game away.
From now until November 7, Vermintide 2 is completely free on Steam. Unlike previous free weekends, of which there have been a few, this one is for keeps: Grab it now, and it's yours forever.

The Epic Store gives away two titles:

Next week, the free games will be Alba - A Wildlife Adventure and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

As usual, the new sales at the Humble Store will go live in an hour. Make sure to check them is you can't wait until Monday.

Fanatical has two new flash deals:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Sonic Frontiers Nintendo Switch version leaked and can run on emulators
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sonic-frontiers-nintendo-switch-version-leaked-and-can-run-on-emulators/
Sonic Frontiers will officially release on November 8th, however, its Nintendo Switch version has already been leaked online. Not only that, but both the yuzu and the Ryujinx Nintendo Switch emulators can run it.
According to reports, these Nintendo Switch emulators cannot fully emulate this game yet. However, it appears to be playable from what we can see below.

Make everyone's lives a little harder with a mod to add organised crime in Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
https://www.pcgamer.com/make-everyones-lives-a-little-harder-with-a-mod-to-add-organised-crime-in-mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord/
I don't know about you but I hate messy crime. Disorganised muggings, no mob bosses, and ugh random break ins? Criminals can and should be doing so much better, they just need a few spreadsheets and they'd be set. So why not help them along a little bit by adding this mod to Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord that adds organised crime to the game.
The Scum and Villainy mod from Ko4evnik on Nexus Mods is designed to make the criminal lifestyle a little bit more realistic. Rather than sporadic crimes with no sense of reason, thieves and crooks will begin to play a bigger role in the gameplay dynamic. The description reads: "Several new parties will roam the map harassing villagers and caravans. Migrating clans will actually migrate to other cities and slavers will sell off their own children for profit. Smuggling and fencing stolen goods will be present on the overhead map."

Minecraft in Halo 3 is a destructible delight
https://www.pcgamer.com/minecraft-in-halo-3-is-a-destructible-delight/
Some mods were just meant to be, and Halo 3 as Minecraft feels like one of them. Created by longtime Halo and Souls modder InfernoPlus, the snappily named Halocraft is a multiplayer map pack that works with Halo: The Master Chief Collection and replaces four maps with destructible Minecraft maps.
That's probably the most impressive thing about this. Obviously the Halo side of things works perfectly, but the way it interacts with the Minecraft side is what blows your block off. Weapon fire, melee damage and grenades all damage the scenery to various extents, and the maps are built around this in different ways: one has a load of easily smashable glass panels over a fatal drop, and you can imagine how those matches play out.

GAMING NEWS

FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse releases on March 9th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fatal-frame-project-zero-mask-of-the-lunar-eclipse-releases-on-march-9th/
KOEI Tecmo has announced that FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will release on March 9th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has also released a new trailer that you can find below.

Blight: Survival is a visually impressive game, created by just two people
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/blight-survival-is-a-visually-impressive-game-created-by-just-two-people/
IGN has shared a gameplay trailer from an upcoming medieval, co-operative, action-horror roguelite, called Blight: Survival. And, what’s really impressive here, is that everything you will see was created by just two people.

First off-camera gameplay footage leaked for Kojima’s Overdose game
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/first-off-camera-gameplay-footage-leaked-for-kojimas-overdose-game/
Yesterday, we shared the first off-camera low-quality screenshots for Hideo Kojima’s upcoming game, Overdose. And today, a gameplay video for this game has been leaked online. However, and similarly to the screenshots, this is an off-camera low-quality video.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.