By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Welp I got a refund for Overwatch 2. After playing the beta, I was already on the edge of getting a refund but the news kept getting worse and worse with not much hope in sight. I'll still give it a go since its free but what Blizzard has done to the game is very lame.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Microcenter Is Giving Away A Free 32 GB DDR5 EXPO Memory Kit & $20 US Off on Each AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU Purchase

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7000-desktop-cpus-free-32-gb-ddr5-memory-kit-20-us-off-at-microcenter/

Typically not a good sign to have such a good deal a day or two after launch. Ryzen 5000 similar to GPUs was used to upsell random components. Oh you want a 5950x? Well you gotta buy this random shit tier motherboard that will burst into flames due to its poor quality that you don't need. This time around though, giving a free ram 5600 DDR5 32GB ram kit + $20? Yea I don't think it's selling all that well. Maybe once the B series launches, the lower end parts will get a boost but Raptor Lake with 8 additional small cores and cheaper Z690 boards looking mighty tempting.

I agree that it's not a good sign, but I wonder how much of this decision comes because Zen4 is selling poorly and how much is Zen4 not selling as much as Microcenter planned/hoped. After all, it's been only 5 days, which makes this decision feel a bit rushed, especially when you consider that people can be waiting until not only the B mobos launch, but also until Intel launches its 13th gen before making a decision.

Well, good for those that can take advantage of this offer, and we'll see what happens with the 7000 series in the coming weeks and months.

Captain_Yuri said:

USB kills off SuperSpeed branding as it tries to simplify its ubiquitous connector

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/30/23378231/usb-rebranding-2022-logos-gbps-wattage-charging-transfer-speeds-simplification-usb4-superspeed

You know what, I don't mind this branding change. It makes it a lot easier for people to know what they are getting. Lets just hope they don't rebrand next time around...

It's certainly a change for the better. We'll see how long it lasts.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ryzen 7000 pricing is just up shit creek to be honest... And the only two CPU's I would personally consider...

The Ryzen 7900X is $949. AUD
The Ryzen 5900X is $589. AUD or $360 cheaper.

The Ryzen 7950X is $1209. AUD
The Ryzen 5950X is $819. AUD or $390 cheaper.

Yeah the performance of the 7000 series is good, but I would argue not worth the asking price over the comparable 5000 series just yet.
It's not like the 5000 series lost the capability to do anything overnight, they are still extremely capable.

I'll just put up with the 5950X for another 6-12 months until prices are in my favour.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Microcenter Is Giving Away A Free 32 GB DDR5 EXPO Memory Kit & $20 US Off on Each AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU Purchase

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7000-desktop-cpus-free-32-gb-ddr5-memory-kit-20-us-off-at-microcenter/

Typically not a good sign to have such a good deal a day or two after launch. Ryzen 5000 similar to GPUs was used to upsell random components. Oh you want a 5950x? Well you gotta buy this random shit tier motherboard that will burst into flames due to its poor quality that you don't need. This time around though, giving a free ram 5600 DDR5 32GB ram kit + $20? Yea I don't think it's selling all that well. Maybe once the B series launches, the lower end parts will get a boost but Raptor Lake with 8 additional small cores and cheaper Z690 boards looking mighty tempting.

I agree that it's not a good sign, but I wonder how much of this decision comes because Zen4 is selling poorly and how much is Zen4 not selling as much as Microcenter planned/hoped. After all, it's been only 5 days, which makes this decision feel a bit rushed, especially when you consider that people can be waiting until not only the B mobos launch, but also until Intel launches its 13th gen before making a decision.

Well, good for those that can take advantage of this offer, and we'll see what happens with the 7000 series in the coming weeks and months.

Another reason could be that they have too much DDR5 memory lying around and use the new Ryzen Chips to get rid of them. Seems a bit more likely to mee considering Ryzen 7000 are not even out for a week now.

Captain_Yuri said:

USB kills off SuperSpeed branding as it tries to simplify its ubiquitous connector

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/30/23378231/usb-rebranding-2022-logos-gbps-wattage-charging-transfer-speeds-simplification-usb4-superspeed

You know what, I don't mind this branding change. It makes it a lot easier for people to know what they are getting. Lets just hope they don't rebrand next time around...

Now put those logos also on the cables so we can finally see if those can handle the speeds or not. I had so many USB cables that were not up to the task with both data transfer and power delivery...

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 01 October 2022

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Another reason could be that they have too much DDR5 memory lying around and use the new Ryzen Chips to get rid of them. Seems a bit more likely to mee considering Ryzen 7000 are not even out for a week now.

I think everyone reading way to much into the Microcenter deals.  Microcenter very commonly even on new CPU have awesome deals that available in store only.  They never available for online purchase.  I think there strategy is if you actually go to the store to buy a CPU you are far more likely to also buy your motherboard and other components while you there.  They don't have a lot of locations but if you lucky enough to live close to one it one of the last places that actually worth going into instead of just buying it online.

Around the Network

Meh, I follow CPU/GPU deals pretty commonly and a lot of deals get posted on various subreddits that are from the US as well. But I don't think I have ever seen a deal like this even from Microcenter on a new CPU. Typically even they do a markup like, buy a new CPU and spend x on ram. Like these are 32GB DDR5 sticks. Lets say they have an MSRP of $150. Microcenter could have easily bundled them for $50 with a purchase of a Ryzen 7000 CPU and that would have still been a great deal. But instead, not only are they handing them out for Free... They are giving an additional $20 discount on top?

Personally it sounds too good to be true during launch. We have seen plenty of deals in the past with a GPU or CPU being paired with shitty OLOy ram sticks for the GPU/CPU + discounted ram price. This feels like one of those deals that are like, we need to clear as much inventory as fast as possible.

Plus if you look at amazon best sellers and such:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/pc/229189

The new Ryzen 7000 CPUs keep going down and down. 7950x for example was #5 a few days ago:

Then it down to #8:

And now if you look:

7950X is #17

7900X is #24

7700X/7600X are a lot further down but we shouldn't count those until B series motherboards come out cause the current crop of mobos are too expensive for those CPUs. So personally, I don't think Microcenter is a fluke. I think people aren't biting and rightfully so. Zen 4 is simply a bad deal when you consider the options similar to Alder Lake S when that launched. I am sure we will see more sales data in the coming weeks though so we will see.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 02 October 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AMD Ryzen 7000 Meta Review: 25 launch reviews compared

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/xs82q2/amd_ryzen_7000_meta_review_25_launch_reviews/

Based on the stats in gaming: 5950x = 100%, 5800X3D = 116.2%, 7950x = 117.8%

Ryzen 7000 launch week sales from Mindfactory who is a retailer from Germany:

This continues to confirm my suspicions that Ryzen 7000 launch is actually selling more Ryzen 5000 than 7000. They didn't have any stock issues either so there really isn't much excuse for not topping the charts. We will see how Raptor Lake does but I get the feeling Raptor Lake won't be a chart topper either considering how good of a CPU the 5800X3D is.

Intel Arc A770 & Arc A750 Limited Edition Graphics Card Benchmarked, Show Marked Improvement In OpenCL & Vulkan API

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-a770-arc-a750-graphics-card-benchmarked-improvement-in-opencl-vulkan-api/

Idk what's going on with the AMD cards but apparently, Nvidia and Intel do pretty well in Geekbench 5

Captain_Yuri said:

Meh, I follow CPU/GPU deals pretty commonly and a lot of deals get posted on various subreddits that are from the US as well. But I don't think I have ever seen a deal like this even from Microcenter on a new CPU. Typically even they do a markup like, buy a new CPU and spend x on ram. Like these are 32GB DDR5 sticks. Lets say they have an MSRP of $150. Microcenter could have easily bundled them for $50 with a purchase of a Ryzen 7000 CPU and that would have still been a great deal. But instead, not only are they handing them out for Free... They are giving an additional $20 discount on top?

Personally it sounds too good to be true during launch. We have seen plenty of deals in the past with a GPU or CPU being paired with shitty OLOy ram sticks for the GPU/CPU + discounted ram price. This feels like one of those deals that are like, we need to clear as much inventory as fast as possible.

Plus if you look at amazon best sellers and such:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/pc/229189

The new Ryzen 7000 CPUs keep going down and down. 7950x for example was #5 a few days ago:

Then it down to #8:

And now if you look:

7950X is #17

7900X is #24

7700X/7600X are a lot further down but we shouldn't count those until B series motherboards come out cause the current crop of mobos are too expensive for those CPUs. So personally, I don't think Microcenter is a fluke. I think people aren't biting and rightfully so. Zen 4 is simply a bad deal when you consider the options similar to Alder Lake S when that launched. I am sure we will see more sales data in the coming weeks though so we will see.

AMD pricing odd at amazon, why are they selling it above MSRP when I can go anywhere else online to get it for MSRP $700 (7950x) and $550 (7900X).  It been awhile since I bought in Microcenter as am too lazy to make the 3 hour round trip.  I do know back in 2013 I save about $150 buying my Haswell 4770k+motherboard there.  everything else in store was more expensive but I just grabbed those two parts and bought everything else from Newegg.

Phew, thread restored. Can post again lol.

Looks like AM5 (X670) motherboard prices and DDR 5 really did put a dampener on Zen 4's launch. I have a feeling we're going to see deep discounts on motherboards in the next couple of months. Also CPU prices for AM4 and ADL builds are can be found for discount, so there may be less interest in new builds and others may be holding out for cheaper B650 boards. Plus with recession people have less disposable income to spend on electronics.

Last edited by hinch - on 02 October 2022

hinch said:

Phew, thread restored. Can post again lol.

Looks like AM5 (X670) motherboard prices and DDR 5 really did put a dampener on Zen 4's launch. I have a feeling we're going to see deep discounts on motherboards in the next couple of months. Also CPU prices for AM4 and ADL builds are can be found for discount, so there may be less interest in new builds and others may be holding out for cheaper B650 boards. Plus with recession people have less disposable income to spend on electronics.

Yeah i thought i bit the bullet at first till i noticed it was a hack xD.