By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Steam sale is on and the one game I wanted (SoT) isn't on sale...

Also found it amusing how some AAA's had "mini" sales just days before the summer sale, so they don't have to lower the discounts during the actual summer sale...kek.

I miss 2013 Steam summer sale, yea I know flash sales were bad over time, but I feel like I was able to get some deep discounts back then compared to now, where a publisher knows I want a good discount, so they do what I said above, to prevent themselves from having to do a better discount during the summer sale itself (Almost like publishers hate discounting their stuff). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Steam store already shitting the bed as is tradition

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

STEAM=DEAD everyone is migrating towards EPIC

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

What hint do you guys have? i got something about a guitar and billions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Yeah, Steam is doing some weird sh*t. I can launch it and browse the deals, I can even check my library, profile and all that. I can even see my profile pic, nick and how much I have in my Steam wallet.

But, for some reason, it's like I'm not on Steam. I can't add or remove games to/from my wishlist, the recent news that appear at the top of the library are gone and, when I tried to join the Sale event, it asked me to log in, asking for my mail and password.

It hasn't crashed as usual, but something bad is going on at Steam right now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I gave up, if the hints are global just post the results lmao

Marth said:
JEMC said:

I recall reading that someone had gotten a 5950X (I don't recall the part about the 6800XT), but I didn't realize it was you.

So, how's been going with all that power? Are you enjoying it?

Back then it was only a stupid idea. Don't have them yet. Delivery is tomorrow so I have the weekend to rebuild and dust off all parts that I keep. Have to use the occasion. Also (not) looking forward to my BIOS update. Somehow always a scary moment no matter how often I have done that by now :D

Ah, the joy of building a PC, being worried when everything goes too well and even more so when there's been troubles along the way. And then, that moment when you press the button to turn it on... while you pray to anything you remember that it actually turns on and there are no weird noises, ligths or smells.

And once all that is over, the software side of it.

Good luck, mate. I don't envy you.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Marth said:
JEMC said:

I recall reading that someone had gotten a 5950X (I don't recall the part about the 6800XT), but I didn't realize it was you.

So, how's been going with all that power? Are you enjoying it?

Back then it was only a stupid idea. Don't have them yet. Delivery is tomorrow so I have the weekend to rebuild and dust off all parts that I keep. Have to use the occasion. Also (not) looking forward to my BIOS update. Somehow always a scary moment no matter how often I have done that by now :D

Captain_Yuri said:

That is a great deal for a 5950x and a 6800XT red devil. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you say you were getting a 700 watt power supply? I would get a higher wattage than that as Power Color recommends 850 Watt minimum.

https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1606105457#spe

Well shame on me I did not check on their website.
I was doing my usual of checking multiple PSU calculators and go by that.

But I did increase my PSU wattage a bit. Bought a 750W 80+Gold so I think it will be fine going by the stuff I could find on reddit and other places.

I don't plan to OC any of my stuff so more power is not needed but I am a bit worried about spikes now. Guess after the first sudden loss of power I have to send that PSU back and get a stronger one but I will try it for now. Might disable RAGEE!!!111 mode but its not like i am losing a lot from that.

As long as you have a good 750 watt, it's usually fine. In your case, I would try and run the CPU and GPU to it's max in stress tests to see how the power supply holds up while you are still in the return window since a 5950x + 6800XT Red Devil are beefy parts. But usually, it should be fine as I had a 750 watt on my old system and it ran a Strix 3090 without any issues. But I did upgrade to 1000 Watt PSU since I was upgrading my entire system with a 5950x as well. So as long as the power supply is good, then generally, you should be good so if you haven't already, I'd check against the PSU tier list:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-rev-148/

With that being said however, Power Supplies are generally the one thing you shouldn't skimp out on. If you can get a power supply that's 850 watts and it's good quality with a good price, then I'd bump it up. Cause at best during the worst case scenario, it will shutdown your PC. But at it's worst, it could fry your components which will cost you more grief than just ponying up right now and meeting the manufacturer suggested requirements. Plus it's not like 850 Watt PSU will use more power than 750 Watt PSU. It will only do so if you are pushing it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

A quality 750w will be fine. It's what I am running and I have almost identical specs. (I have more Ram, bigger GPU, more drives etc')
An 850w PSU can *potentially* use more power than a 750w unit (Or vice-versa) as they both have different efficiency curves.
I would choose a quality Corsair 750w PSU over a cheaper lesser-known 1,000w PSU, every single time.

Modern quality PSU's have over-voltage, over-current, under-voltage, short-circuit protection and more, so the risks are minimal/non-existent if you load it with toys.

The RX 6800XT will top out at 300w consumption, the CPU is capped at 142w of power consumption, those two are your biggest power hogs.
He will be fine, it's not his first rodeo in building a PC, even if it only happens once a decade. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Well his one will use 350 watts during peak gaming as it's Factory OC.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-6800-xt-red-devil/29.html

But yea, generally it's fine but I like the safe than sorry route since transient load spikes also affects AMD cards as well.