By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343

Part two of the news:

Respawn co-founder and Apex director leaves, promises 'years worth of content in flight'
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/respawn-co-founder-and-apex-director-leaves-promises-years-worth-of-content-in-flight/
Respawn co-founder and Apex Legends game director Chad Grenier has announced he is leaving the studio after eleven years. "After helping to co-found the studio, bring the Titanfall universe to life, and launch the incredible experiment that is Apex Legends—it’s been an unforgettable ride to say the least," writes Grenier. "But today, this crazy chapter comes to an end."

Halo's Magnum is coming to Destiny 2
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halos-magnum-is-coming-to-destiny-2/
In a few hours, Destiny 2's Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack will go live in game, bringing a new six-player activity, new dungeon and the return of a handful of Destiny 1 weapons—including iconic Exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn, bane of every year one player looking to join an LFG. The pack, however, also promised weapons drawn from Bungie's history, including the Claymore Sword from Myth and a Marathon-inspired shotgun.

Dozens of the world's biggest games are offline as AWS goes down
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/dozens-of-the-worlds-biggest-games-are-offline-as-aws-goes-down/
Amazon Web Services is by some distance the biggest server or cloud computing company on the planet: As of April 2021, it accounts for 32% of the $42 billion cloud computing market. Today AWS has gone down and at the time of writing remains so—we'll update when that changes—and an absolute bundle of other platforms that depend on its service are also now unavailable.
UPDATE 13:30 ET / 18:30 GMT: The official AWS dashboard says: "We are seeing impact to multiple AWS APIs in the US-EAST-1 Region. This issue is also affecting some of our monitoring and incident response tooling, which is delaying our ability to provide updates. We have identified the root cause and are actively working towards recovery."

Final Fantasy 14's pesky disconnection issues should be getting fixed this week
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/final-fantasy-14s-pesky-disconnection-issues-should-be-getting-fixed-this-week/
Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker released in early access on December 3 and the launch weekend proved to be pretty damn popular. Like, 'six-hour queues and countless errors' popular. Despite Square Enix's best attempts to batten down the hatches in preparation for what has been the game's most successful weekend ever, logging into the servers has been a downright nightmare.

Activision-Blizzard QA walkout spreads to other studios in its second day
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/activision-blizzard-qa-walkout-spreads-to-other-studios-in-its-second-day/
Members of the quality assurance team at Call of Duty: Warzone studio Raven Software staged a walkout on Monday to protest the layoffs of coworkers announced late last week. The walkout continues today, and has expanded to include other studios, who are "standing in solidarity" with the Raven QA team.

Ubisoft starts selling NFTs in the form of helmets with tiny numbers
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ubisoft-starts-selling-nfts-in-the-form-of-helmets-with-tiny-numbers/
Well, those mad bastards did it. Ubisoft is not alone among the big publishers in having declared an interest in Non-Fungible Tokens, but now it is the first to launch its take on the most irritating digital trend of the moment. Ubisoft Quartz now has an announcement trailer, an official site, and my eternal scorn.
>> F*ck Ubisoft.

Ubisoft management happy with pace of reforms after workplace harassment reckoning, but employees aren't buying it
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/ubisoft-management-happy-with-pace-of-reforms-after-workplace-harassment-reckoning-but-employees-arent-buying-it/
In a recent interview with Axios, Ubisoft's chief people officer, Anika Grant, talked up the company's response to its workplace harassment scandal, although some Ubisoft employees remain dissatisfied with the pace of reform. An employee group called ABetterUbisoft (an intentional reference to the ABetterABK group that made demands of Activision Blizzard this summer) says that what they really want and aren't getting is a seat at the table.

Halo Infinite won't let you replay story missions at launch, but the feature is coming
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-has-ditched-the-ability-to-replay-story-missions/
Halo Infinite's campaign missions won't be replayable unless you start a new save file, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
Update: A 343 Industries spokesperson has told Stevivor that the ability to replay campaign missions in Halo Infinite will be added to the game after launch.

Turns out Fortnite Chapter 3 is the first Unreal Engine 5 game
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/fortnite-unreal-engine-5/
We've been eagerly awaiting whatever shiny new graphics Unreal Engine 5 has in store since the first demo debuted in May 2020. It turns out, the real Unreal Engine 5 was in front of us all along in the form of Fortnite Chapter 3.
Unreal Engine's official Twitter account confirmed the news Tuesday.

Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion delayed into next year
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/star-wars-the-old-republic-expansion-delayed-into-next-year/
BioWare has delayed the imminent release of Star Wars: The Old Republic's new Legacy of the Sith expansion, moving it from December 14 to February 15, 2022. According to project director Keith Kanneg, the delay is due in part to feedback from a recent public test server showing.

Stardew Valley briefly broke itself after performance hotfix crashed the game
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/stardew-valley-briefly-broke-itself-after-performance-hotfix-crashed-the-game/
Stardew Valley managed to break itself this week after a hotfix intended to repair performance issues caused the game to repeatedly crash.
The patch introduced a memory leak problem which was making it perform progressively worse over longer play sessions. The hotfix went out on December 7, but players quickly began reporting that their game was crashing within minutes of booting up. Anything from entering a chicken coop to watering plants seemed to break things entirely, making it impossible to play.

No preload for Halo Infinite, but having multiplayer will decrease download time
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/no-preload-for-halo-infinite-but-having-multiplayer-will-decrease-download-time/
343 Industries has apologised for the fact that Halo Infinite's campaign doesn't have the option to preload, but has said the download will be quicker if you already have the multiplayer mode installed.

GTA Online update will debut new Dr. Dre music, bring back Franklin
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/gta-online-update-will-debut-new-dr-dre-music-bring-back-franklin/
GTA Online is adding new story missions later this month, bringing back Grand Theft Auto 5 tritagonist Franklin and debuting new music from legendary rapper Dr. Dre.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Gigabyte confirms GeForce RTX 3080 12GB, RTX 3070Ti 16GB and Radeon RX 6500 XT through EEC filing

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-confirms-geforce-rtx-3080-12gb-rtx-3070ti-16gb-and-radeon-rx-6500-xt-through-eec-filing

Now this is the Vram capacity the 3070 Ti should have released with in the first place

God of War - Features Trailer | PC

• Native 4K, unlocked framerate

• Graphic and performance improvements,

• 21:9 ultra-widescreen support.

• Graphics settings featuring high-res shadows, better reflections,GTAO,SSDO etc

• NVIDIA DLSS and Reflex support

• Supports both DS4 and DualSense, other gamepads + fully customizable key bindings for KB+M

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/rbuo1j/god_of_war_2018_pc_system_requirements/

Rune Factory 4 Special has released on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1580240/Rune_Factory_4_Special/

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 08 December 2021

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

I must say, there seems to be an interesting difference between the way Microsoft is porting games on PC vs how Sony is porting games on PC.

See with Microsoft, it feels as though they aren't really incorporating PC technologies but instead, are just giving you Series X versions but with higher graphical settings in some aspects.

Sony on the other hand feels like they really are going ham with various PC technologies such as DLSS, FSR and Nvidia Reflex. They even went back to Horizon Zero Dawn to add in DLSS support.

It will be interesting to see if both of them will continue with their respective trends. Personally, I would like all of their games to have DLSS at the very least but if Sony continues to add in DLSS/FSR while Microsoft ignores it, Sony ports may be more ironically preferred. But we will see though.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

You're right, Sony has been using the available tools of PC games more and better than MSoft.

Sony has had an advantage, tho. Most of the games ported so far were "old" and had to be ported almost from scratch, as they were done with their own Engines. That allowed them to focus only on one platform, PC, and in doing the best port possible using all the tools available on the platform. Msoft, meanwhile, is developing its games for both console and PC at the same time, so its understandable (to a degree!), that they deliver a similar product on both platforms as its easier and faster for them. After all, and as far as we know, MSoft doesn't have a studio with the only task of porting their existing games to PC like SOny has.

Now don't get me wrong, we have to demand to MSoft to make use of the inherent advantages of the PC as a platform and include tech not available on consoles, but it wouldn't hurt to also ask Sony to treat us as first class consumers and launch their games at the same time for console and PC.

*Edit*

Also, wasn't MSoft working on its own DLSS tech? What was it called, Direct something, right? Maybe they're waiting until they have that ready to use it for both console and PC, instead of relying on third party tools.

Last edited by JEMC - on 08 December 2021

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yea we will see how it goes. I do think eventually, Sony will start porting PS5 games onto PC but one thing I will note is while Sony is porting old games and MS is porting the latest, Sony is also going back to some of their games that they ported previously and adding in new features like DLSS where as MS is kinda just moving on.

Now overall, I do still prefer MS for the moment because I'd rather have new games than old games but if Sony does start porting newer games, then it will be an interesting situation.

The irony of DirectML is that they only really showed it running on Nvidia hardware. They are probably still working on it but no one really implemented it into anything yet. Most likely, AMD might with RDNA 3 and GSR but we will see.

Around the Network

@JEMC Might be because MS and their first party studios having to essentially develop for 3-5 platforms for day 1 release (Xbox One/X / Series S/X and PC). And their API being shared across Series consoles and PC (DX12/DX12U ). And like you said they feel like they don't need third party tools on top of their current ones.

Sony strategy thus far is developing and releasing on their main platform/s (PlayStation consoles) then have another studio port them to over to PC, with enhancements. Wouldn't say no to day one PC ports though I don't think we should expect to see them.. at least any time soon anyway.

Either way enhanced ports is always welcome in my books! With DLSS being easier to implement I wouldn't be surprised to see MS first party titles getting patches with this. Or maybe even XeSS in the near future.

Last edited by hinch - on 08 December 2021

I think you are right on the ports vs day one releases a lot of the games had been in development for years before people even considered DLSS 2.0 a thing and they just rolled with what they were doing at the time without adding it in I think we will see MS putting out FSR and DLSS in their upcoming games like Starfield and Hellblade II next year and they deserver a big bashing if they skip features like this for stuff releasing in the future there's no excuse not to have them but it would be nice if they go back and add it to the likes of FH5, Gears 5 and Flight sim in the near future.

It's a shame that the 1000 series cards don't support DLSS 2.0 it would make the wait to buy a new GPU a little less sucky for us on 1060/70 for life.

Steam removes popular Chinese strategy game after Ark: Survival Evolved studio claims it stole their source code
https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-removes-popular-chinese-strategy-game-after-ark-survival-evolved-studio-claims-it-stole-their-source-code/
The sandbox strategy game Myth of Empires has been removed from Steam over allegations of copyright infringement, resulting in a DMCA takedown request. Myth of Empires developer Angela Game has so far declined to reveal who requested the game's removal, but documents viewed by PC Gamer indicate that it came from Studio Wildcard and Snail Games, the developer and publisher of Ark: Survival Evolved.

WoodenPints said:

I think you are right on the ports vs day one releases a lot of the games had been in development for years before people even considered DLSS 2.0 a thing and they just rolled with what they were doing at the time without adding it in I think we will see MS putting out FSR and DLSS in their upcoming games like Starfield and Hellblade II next year and they deserver a big bashing if they skip features like this for stuff releasing in the future there's no excuse not to have them but it would be nice if they go back and add it to the likes of FH5, Gears 5 and Flight sim in the near future.

It's a shame that the 1000 series cards don't support DLSS 2.0 it would make the wait to buy a new GPU a little less sucky for us on 1060/70 for life.

Yeah, onve they leave the One behind, Msoft needs to up the ante with the PC versions of their games, tho I wouldn't ask for a lot with Starfield. After all, it's been developed by Bethesda, and we know how they games are...

And remember that you can take part in the Club386 contest to win a R7 5800 + RX 6700XT combo. It may not be a top card but I checked the Techpowerup database and it's 78% faster than a GTX 1070, and in the only game that remains from both reviews, The Witcher 3, at 1440p it goes from 60.7fps to 115.6. Not bad for a free upgrade!

(Edited because I forgot to put the link)

Rhonin the wizard said:

Steam removes popular Chinese strategy game after Ark: Survival Evolved studio claims it stole their source code
https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-removes-popular-chinese-strategy-game-after-ark-survival-evolved-studio-claims-it-stole-their-source-code/
The sandbox strategy game Myth of Empires has been removed from Steam over allegations of copyright infringement, resulting in a DMCA takedown request. Myth of Empires developer Angela Game has so far declined to reveal who requested the game's removal, but documents viewed by PC Gamer indicate that it came from Studio Wildcard and Snail Games, the developer and publisher of Ark: Survival Evolved.

Well, if they really stole the souce code, the deserve to get their ass kicked from the store, and be banned from publishing any future game as well.

Last edited by JEMC - on 08 December 2021

JEMC said:
WoodenPints said:

Yeah, onve they leave the One behind, Msoft needs to up the ante with the PC versions of their games, tho I wouldn't ask for a lot with Starfield. After all, it's been developed by Bethesda, and we know how they games are...

And remember that you can take part in the Club386 contest to win a R7 5800 + RX 6700XT combo. It may not be a top card but I checked the Techpowerup database and it's 78% faster than a GTX 1070, and in the only game that remains from both reviews, The Witcher 3, at 1440p it goes from 60.7fps to 115.6. Not bad for a free upgrade!

It's funny you mention the 6700XT because even the 6600XT is a "fair" boost across the board and it fits in there at 92fps on Witcher 3 on techpower p and I did consider it at launch actually as a stop gap card when they were easy to get at £430ish especially when you can easily get £250 back on the 1070 your replacing but I can't bring myself to do it.