By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343

New projections on the EGS' revenue in the following years are now available. Source.

A new drop of "Apple vs Epic Games" court documents occurred a couple of weeks ago. There are a lot of new files, but most are rather mundane.

This file though has updates to financial information (these files never work on mobile): https://app.box.com/s/6b9wmjvr582c95uzma1136exumk6p989/file/888723450409

The file is from a strategy meeting in June 2020. Page 8 has the old and new P&L Model.

For store revenue the following changes were made:

2019: 213m >233m

2020: 401m > 358m

2021: 547m > 574m

2022: 744m > 658m

2023: 1004m > 748m

2024: 1177m > 838m

With a sole exception of 2021, all future projection numbers have been lowered, quite significantly so for 2023 and 2024. If, originally in June 2020 meeting, Epic Games expected EGS to turn profitable by 2024, new projections push that moment forward into the future.

Around the Network

@Chazore Yeah, I agree with a lot of his reviews or assessments so.. a little disappointed. Was hoping for a more focused campaign instead of a semi-open world Far Cry like game. Still looks like a decent entry, specially for fans of the series. Hopefully yeah, can see it dropping closer the the £30 mark later next year.

Not really PC related but The Matrix Resurrection tech (UE5) demo up on PS5, Xbox Series consoles. Warning its pretty beefy coming in at over 25GB file size and is only presently a timer counting down on a splash screen. That presumably unlocks the demo, in around 3 days time. So in time for the TGA's.. maybe we're getting a new Matrix game?

Last edited by hinch - on 06 December 2021

Real-time CGI Keanu looking good!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

^ Is that a good or bad thing? (to me that much air time is awful, but I don't play multiplayer games)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Zkuq said:

I've actually thought about getting a 4K monitor... so that I can use 1080p for games and still have 4K for other use. 4K is exactly twice as wide and tall as 1080p, so theoretically is should scale perfectly, right? Not sure if it works that way in practice though, and I still have bad memories of using 720p on a 1080p monitor due to scaling issues, so I'm very wary of scaling issues (although I'm not sure how bad it could be on a 4K monitor anyway).

Unless you go with a big monitor, 32" or above, going 4K isn't worth it, in my opinion. Unless you have perfectg eyesight, at 27" or smaller you'll need to increase the scale/soom in windows to be able to read most text, which kills the point of going for a higher resolution. At 32" things chance, and you can actually start to notice a difference between 1440p and 4K.

That's why there are so few 4K monitors and TVs smaller than 32".

Oh, certainly. I currently have a 24" monitor, and it's definitely a bit large for 1080p. On the other hand, I'm not necessarily interested in 1440p (at least before I get a new PC), since 1080p seems to be just fine for, well, everything really, and 1080p is nice for performance. I'm mainly interested in 4K so I can fit more on the screen at once, but it definitely requires a larger monitor than I have right now so I can actually read what's on the screen...

Captain_Yuri said:
Zkuq said:

I've actually thought about getting a 4K monitor... so that I can use 1080p for games and still have 4K for other use. 4K is exactly twice as wide and tall as 1080p, so theoretically is should scale perfectly, right? Not sure if it works that way in practice though, and I still have bad memories of using 720p on a 1080p monitor due to scaling issues, so I'm very wary of scaling issues (although I'm not sure how bad it could be on a 4K monitor anyway).

I'd say you need some sort of an upscaling tech to help it if you want to render at 1080p. One of the differences between TVs and Monitors is monitors usually don't come with any processors that does upscaling where as TVs come with specialized processors that can upscale to TVs resolution. Of course the difference is that monitors have significantly lower input lag/response times but TVs these days also come with gaming mode which when enabled, will minimize the processing but allow you that lower input lag/response times.

But that's why people are excited about DLSS as it does a very good job at upscaling from a lower resolution.

I'm OK with 1:1 upscaling, although I'm fine with anything that doesn't result in a blurry picture - and obviously better upscaling, such as DLSS, is even better. 720p on a 1080p screen was bad precisely because it looked very blurry, and it really made me regret getting a 1080p monitor when my GPU couldn't really handle 1080p too well. (Obviously I've moved on from that, but it was really bad.)

*** FREE GAME ***

As part of its Ubisoft anniversary, they're now giving away Anno 1404 History Edition https://register.ubisoft.com/anno-1404/en-US

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Chazore said:
hinch said:

Decent reviews for Halo Infinite. 87 is a solid score.

To play devils advocate Gmanlives is less impressed with the game

Main gripes being gameplay is a bit samey as with level design. With performance issues on PC in the outer levels. Personally not enough to pull me in as I've kinda gone off open world games and shooters in general (outside of CS). Otherwise looks like a decent game and looks a lot better than 343's previous titles.

I trust Gman a bit more than ACG, and it's also why I'm just gonna sit out and wait for the Sp version to go down in price sometime next year (hoping it'll cost around £30ish by 2022).

Do what you want man. It is entertainment. Hardly anything important. Don't feel like playing this, there are 1000 different options. 

Tagging so my bf can look in this thread since he has been banned and facing a permaban. I already told the mods they can check its not a dup account as i can send them pics. He plans on asking for a permaban when his ban is lifted since he says his mental health getting messed with.
But he loves this thread and this site so i am trying to help him, but if this site is doing him no good he honestly maybe better off leaving it..

HelenMCD said:

Tagging so my bf can look in this thread since he has been banned and facing a permaban. I already told the mods they can check its not a dup account as i can send them pics. He plans on asking for a permaban when his ban is lifted since he says his mental health getting messed with.
But he loves this thread and this site so i am trying to help him, but if this site is doing him no good he honestly maybe better off leaving it..

If coming to the site causes some problems to him, leaving is probably the best he can do for himself. You've got to take care of yourself.