By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

 

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%
 
So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%
 
it sucks 22 5.45%
 
Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%
 
Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%
 
Meh 32 7.92%
 
Total:343

Heh remaster of mirror edge, quite sure thats based on the work of the bc team of xbox.



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The rest of the Tuesday news (thanks, Rhonin), all in one post:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Fanatical has some deals for us:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

Epic Games Store adds free retro cloud gaming platform Antstream Arcade
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/epic-games-store-adds-free-retro-cloud-gaming-platform-antstream-arcade/
The Epic Games Store is becoming something of a PC gaming meta-platform, having recently started making discrete gaming platforms available to download from its own storefront. Earlier this year, Itch.io came to Epic Games Store, and now it also plays host to cloud gaming platform Antstream Arcade, which lets you play over 1200 retro games for free on your PC.
Antstream has a huge games library, focusing mostly on games from the 80s and early 90s. While I'm of the unhip opinion that games from the Spectrum ZX and Commodore 64 era are a little too archaic to keep you glued to your screen for more than a few minutes of nostalgic novelty, there are some bona fide 16-bit classics from later eras in there too.
>> And that's why they're giving away the Antstream - Epic Welcome Pack this week.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty Visual is a new graphics total overhaul mod, available in Early Access
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/grand-theft-auto-iv-liberty-visual-is-a-new-graphics-total-overhaul-mod-available-in-early-access/
Modder ‘orangebrains’ has released a new graphics overhaul mod for Grand Theft Auto 4, Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty Visual. According to the modder, Liberty Visual is a WIP global overhaul for GTA IV aimed at bringing natural and almost photorealistic visuals to the game’s graphics.
This mod will completely rework vanilla timecycle as well as textures and assets without any harm to the game lore. It also packs a lot of different fixes and unique features such as upscaled textures, parallax textures, reworked vehicle materials, extended reflections and shadows, etc.
As said, this graphics mod is available in Early Access. The bad news is that it’s behind a Patreon wall. Thankfully, though, its final version will be free to everyone.
>> There are screenshots and also a video.

Crysis Back to Hell Mod promises to be an unofficial sequel to the original Crysis
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/crysis-back-to-hell-mod-promises-to-be-an-unofficial-sequel-to-the-original-crysis/
Modder ‘Flowgroover’ announced an unofficial sequel mod to the original Crysis game, called Crysis Back to Hell. Crysis Back to Hell will take place right after the ending of the first Crysis game, and will release on December 11th.
According to the modder, this mod will have the same sandbox gameplay that most Crysis and Warhead fans enjoyed. Crysis Back to Hell will have 4/5 levels, and promises to have a quality level design. Additionally, the modder claims that your decisions may affect your playthrough (whatever that means).

GAMING NEWS

GTA The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Update 1.03 released, full patch notes
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/gta-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-update-1-03-released-full-patch-notes/
Rockstar has just released a brand new update for GTA The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. According to the release notes, Update 1.03 brings numerous fixes to all three remakes. Moreover, it packs a number of PC-only fixes.

Play Company of Heroes 3 multiplayer for free this week
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/play-company-of-heroes-3-multiplayer-for-a-week/
Company of Heroes 3 might not be appearing in full until next year, but Relic and Sega are giving us another taste of the World War 2 RTS very soon. Tomorrow, in fact, after which you'll be able to play singleplayer skirmishes and multiplayer matches for a week.
>> That tomorrow is today, and you'll be able to download it from Steam.

Superhero battle royale Super People enters closed beta December 7th
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/superhero-battle-royale-super-people-enters-closed-beta-december-7th/
It's a bold statement for a game to say that it will "revolutionize how you think about the [battle royale] genre." It sounds so forceful, so Elon-Muskian. But while I'm as wary of vapid marketing as I am of games with all-caps names, our own Joseph Knoop's pithy description of upcoming battle royale game Super People as "PUBG with superpowers" was all I really needed to hear for it to get my attention.

Cyberpunk 2077's next 'major update' will arrive early in 2022
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077s-next-major-update-will-arrive-early-in-2022/
In October, CD Projekt delayed the PS5 and Xbox Series X-S versions of Cyberpunk 2077 into the first quarter of 2022. Roughly a week after that it postponed all "updates, improvements, and free DLCs" for Cyberpunk 2077 into 2022 as well. Today it narrowed that window down somewhat, saying in its latest financial report that the next major update for Cyberpunk 2077 will also arrive sometime in the first three months of 2022, at the same time as the release of the next-gen version.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong delayed to ensure 'a healthy work-life balance' for devs
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/vampire-the-masquerade-swansong-delayed-to-ensure-a-healthy-work-life-balance-for-devs/
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, the in-development tale of politics, intrigue, and blood that is not Bloodlines 2, has been delayed again. Following a postponement earlier this year that saw it moved to February 2022, developer Big Bad Wolf has announced that it needs a little more time, and has pushed it to May.

Sea of Thieves will now let you bury your booty
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/sea-of-thieves-will-now-let-you-bury-your-booty/
Rare dropped a preview video today outlining new features coming to their co-op pirate simulator later this week.
Sea of Thieves now offers that most primal of pirate fantasies: burying your own treasure, complete with an auto-generated map to find it. The system ties in handily with multiplayer, letting you share your treasure maps via a quest board. When other players dig up and cash in on your treasure, you both reap the reward. It reminds me of other asymmetric multiplayer systems like Death Stranding's shared cargo hauls or Dark Souls' messages.
>> Arr! A real pirate would never share his booty.

Halo Infinite design lead is 'feeling everyone's pain' about the battle pass
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-design-lead-is-feeling-everyones-pain-about-the-battle-pass/
Halo Infinite design lead Jerry Hook says that addressing complaints about Halo Infinite's battle pass progression "will be top of my list" of things to do when the development team gets back to work after a post-release break.

Halo Infinite will now give you bonus XP for your first few matches each day
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-will-now-give-you-bonus-xp-for-your-first-few-matches-each-day/
More EXP changes have been added to Halo Infinite, giving players a nice boost for their first few games each day.
>> The changes, detailed in the article, will go live later today.

Age of Empires 4 Winter Update weakens ships, strengthens spears
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/age-of-empires-4-winter-update-weakens-ships-strengthens-spears/
A behemoth strategy game like Age of Empires 4 was never going to be the finished article on release. (...)
Developer Relic has been wasting no time in building on the game's solid foundation, and yesterday took the first step on its six-month roadmap by releasing the Winter 2021 Update.

Bots have made Capcom Arcade Stadium one of the most popular games on Steam
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bots-have-made-capcom-arcade-stadium-the-third-most-popular-game-on-steam/
Take a look at the following games and point the odd one out: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Capcom Arcade Stadium, PUBG, Apex Legends. Four of them are consistently and astronomically popular online games that have been among the most-played games on Steam for years, while one is a half-decent retro games emulator that has averaged about 20 players a month since it came out in May 2021.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

NVIDIA Next-Gen Gaming GPUs, GeForce RTX 40 ‘Ada Lovelace’ Series, Launching in 2022 & Will Utilize TSMC’s 5nm Process Node

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-graphics-cards-ada-lovelace-gpu-tsmc-5nm-2022-launch/

Sounds like it's more official now.

Intel Core i9-12900K E-Cores Only Performance Review

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-12900k-e-cores-only-performance/3.html

Must say though, E cores taking up 123 Watts under stress test doesn't feel very efficient to me. 5800X takes up 158 watts.

AMD ROG Zephyrus Duo GX650 with Ryzen 9 6900HX and GeForce RTX 3080 Ti appears at a certification office

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rog-zephyrus-duo-gx650-with-ryzen-9-6900hx-and-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-appears-at-a-certification-office

Valve Confirms That There Won't Be Steam Deck-Exclusive Games

https://www.ign.com/articles/valve-confirms-wont-be-steam-deck-exclusive-games



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Rhonin the wizard said:
JEMC said:

That, as I said in my other post, puts me out of the Secret Santa thread. I'll check to see if noname or Raven are around and want to take care of it, but there's no guarantee.

If no one else will do it, I volunteer.

** lots of news **

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

I send a message to both Raven and noname, but it's still early to know if they've seen it and what will they do. If you're ok with it, we could wait until the end of the week before making any final decision.

Regarding the news, it's a shame that Steam would ditch VR. Their headset seems to sell quite well, specially given how expensive they are. Standalone VR devices are the way to go, no doubt about it, but they are still underpowered for proper gaming.

I also hope CDP can solve the problems with GOG and make it a viable platform again. Maybe scaling it down a bit as they plan will be the right choice.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Halo Infinite design lead is 'feeling everyone's pain' about the battle pass
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-design-lead-is-feeling-everyones-pain-about-the-battle-pass/
Halo Infinite design lead Jerry Hook says that addressing complaints about Halo Infinite's battle pass progression "will be top of my list" of things to do when the development team gets back to work after a post-release break.

Halo Infinite will now give you bonus XP for your first few matches each day
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-will-now-give-you-bonus-xp-for-your-first-few-matches-each-day/
More EXP changes have been added to Halo Infinite, giving players a nice boost for their first few games each day.
>> The changes, detailed in the article, will go live later today.

And this is why people should complain when there's something they don't like because if enough people do, it could lead to changes that makes the game experience much better for everyone. The gameplay is solid and with these kinds of changes coming to battlepass, it really could dominate FPS market for least the next year since both CoD and BF shat the bed.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Halo Infinite design lead is 'feeling everyone's pain' about the battle pass
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-design-lead-is-feeling-everyones-pain-about-the-battle-pass/
Halo Infinite design lead Jerry Hook says that addressing complaints about Halo Infinite's battle pass progression "will be top of my list" of things to do when the development team gets back to work after a post-release break.

Halo Infinite will now give you bonus XP for your first few matches each day
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/halo-infinite-will-now-give-you-bonus-xp-for-your-first-few-matches-each-day/
More EXP changes have been added to Halo Infinite, giving players a nice boost for their first few games each day.
>> The changes, detailed in the article, will go live later today.

And this is why people should complain when there's something they don't like because if enough people do, it could lead to changes that makes the game experience much better for everyone. The gameplay is solid and with these kinds of changes coming to battlepass, it really could dominate FPS market for least the next year since both CoD and BF shat the bed.

Allow me a slight change there: complain when there's something wrong or broken. It's not the same thing, not even close, and people nowadays complain about everything, and for the silliest reasons.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And this is why people should complain when there's something they don't like because if enough people do, it could lead to changes that makes the game experience much better for everyone. The gameplay is solid and with these kinds of changes coming to battlepass, it really could dominate FPS market for least the next year since both CoD and BF shat the bed.

Allow me a slight change there: complain when there's something wrong or broken. It's not the same thing, not even close, and people nowadays complain about everything, and for the silliest reasons.

Yea that's true. Sometimes people do complain about stupid things



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

could you imagine if HL3 launched on steamdeck only with the current supply LMAO



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And this is why people should complain when there's something they don't like because if enough people do, it could lead to changes that makes the game experience much better for everyone. The gameplay is solid and with these kinds of changes coming to battlepass, it really could dominate FPS market for least the next year since both CoD and BF shat the bed.

Allow me a slight change there: complain when there's something wrong or broken. It's not the same thing, not even close, and people nowadays complain about everything, and for the silliest reasons.

To be fair the BP progression is awful and one of the worst implementations I've ever seen. And thats saying a lot. When you have of lots streamers complaining about it, and a lot of hardcore Halo players you know there's a problem. Especially when the popularity and player based is concerned a happy and active community out of the game can make or break MP orientated game like Halo. Like the game is fun and there, its just some things like Battle Pass, content and lack of choice in game modes letting it down.

Its good they are listening to feedback mind. I'd rather devs respond to criticisms than flat out ignore their player base.



kirby007 said:

could you imagine if HL3 launched on steamdeck only with the current supply LMAO

Wouldn't be surprised if every steam game was riddled with negative reviews regarding the exclusivity if it happened



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread