By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Yeah, it's a bit too much. Use the 7900 and 7900XT at launch and leave the 7950 for the mid-cicle refresh.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Personally I have no idea what's supposed to be funny about those specs. If it was like 1000 Watts or something, I can lul at that. But 500 Watts? I am sure AIBs will be able to reach that easily with Navi 31 if not FE OC. 32GB doesn't seem unreasonable of they want their own Titan/90 class GPU.

It will be interesting when these next gen GPUs release though. Especially in laptops... In the past when Pascal was a thing, the difference between laptop GPU performance and desktop GPU was almost 10% depending on the SKU thanks to efficiency. Now there is a very big gap between a laptop 3080 and desktop 3080. Since the power requirements are going up even more next gen... Is the top end laptop version gonna be like a 4060?

I will be upgrading my gaming laptop then though. The CPU battle will also be interesting.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I have my doubts about the 32GB of VRAM. It feels a bit too much. But, of course, with a chiplet design, that could mean 16GB per chiplet.

Also, 512MB of infinity cache is also a lot, but it vould be 256MB per chiplet again.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
JEMC said:

I have my doubts about the 32GB of VRAM. It feels a bit too much.

Even before my eventual jump to the Quadros, can NEVER have too much VRAM! :)

But I'm talking about gaming .

CGI-Quality said:
JEMC said:

But I'm talking about gaming .

I know. Really, the only major thing wrong would be cost. Still can't have too much, though. Much of it would just be unused! As an owner of a 24GB card, it feels lovely knowing you crank everything up and see in real-time that there is a crap ton left.

More RAM is good, I'm not going to deny that, but having so much RAM that you end paying for something you're not going to use is silly.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Even before my eventual jump to the Quadros, can NEVER have too much VRAM! :)

Does character modeling really take up that much VRAM or do you do other stuff that eats up more of it?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Story time...

It's not really PC related but I will say, tech is quite impressive none the less.

So last week, a bug some how got into my room while I had the windows open despite the fact that my windows are netted. It looked like a lady bug so I gave it many chances to get out of my room. But eventually, I lost track of it. The following day, I saw what looks like a few child lady bugs that were hanging around my window even though it was closed. Since I thought they were lady bugs, I was like:

So I gently put them in some tissues and set them free. Then the following day, I saw 5 more pop up around my window. I was like hmmm. Then I investigated outside the bottom of my window and boom, saw a whole bunch. Idk how they were coming in but they were small so maybe there is an air gap somewhere. I did have bug spray but I felt like it was bad karma to kill lady bugs. But while they had the shape of a lady bug, the pattern was different. So I got out my phone and did the Google Vision thing where I can take a picture and it basically reverse image searches... And boom!

They weren't infact lady bugs but rather... Carpet beetles! And google said it's better to eliminate them.

Since then, I don't see them anymore. It does goes to show how crazy tech is these days that it is able to recognize the picture of a tiny bug and able to accurately tell me the exact species of the bug. We really do live in a pretty insane world.

Yeah, Lens always seemed pretty underappreciated to me but I think it's really going to take off once someone finally cracks AR glasses.

Yeah love Google lens. Don't use it that often but its super useful. Like really handy when visiting other countries and you need it to translate stuff on the fly. Even simple things when browsing a shop or trying to find more about it, and taking a picture of it brings up your search online (or similar things) for more info, prices etc.