By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

https://imgur.com/gallery/8aqVeUR

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The ARC 3 will not go up against the 3050, let alone the 3050Ti. It has enough on it's plate with trying to keep up with the Ryzen 6000 APUs already and would be more comparable with the MX 450 than the GTX 3050.

The ARC 5 on the other hand looks more like a promising competitor to the 3050/Ti and the 6500M, especially with having twice as much memory at hand. I'm interested in seeing how they'll perform in the end - and if Intel will support them long enough with performance-enhancing updates, as this has been their Achilles heel in the past.

Captain_Yuri said:

Intel ARC A350M laptop GPU demonstrates GeForce GTX 1650 series performance in the first 3DMark tests

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-arc-a350m-laptop-gpu-demonstrates-geforce-gtx-1650-series-performance-in-the-first-3dmark-tests

This is supposed to be their 3050 competitor... But it performs like a 1650???

I didn't even have to see this post to know where it's gonna end up more or less in this chart. After all, it's mostly just an Iris iGPU as a standalone chip on a discrete graphics board, and only having a 64bit memory connection will hamper it's bandwidth and thus performance even further.

It's about the performance level of a 1650Ti Max-Q, but that card was limited to 35W while the ARC A350M can go up to 50W. Certainly not a great showing for this GPU so far, but being better than an MX 450 is already a nice for Ultrabook users who want at least some GPU power.

That would be pretty sad if the MX450 is what Intel's target has been for A350/A370. That GPU arch came out in 2020 and Arc 5 going up against 3050/3050Ti would mean Arc 7 would be 3060sh to maybe 3070. That doesn't really bode well for a GPU so late in the game.

The way the GPU is organized strongly reminds me of AMD GPUs.

Specifically, the Xe cores are very reminiscent of AMDs old Compute Units. In fact, when I saw the spec sheet, I was laughing out loud, thinking to myself that Raja Koduri (who was the chief GPU developer at AMD until he left for Intel after he designed the Vega GPUs) has finally created lower-end Vega GPUs.

That being said, they are quite a bit more performant than Vega at the same clock speed, but simply can't keep up with Navi 2x or Ampere. I wouldn't write them off however, as Intel will certainly try to do better in the future.

I didn't pay attention to this article yesterday because I thought it was an obvious April Fools joke:

AMD Radeon RX 7950 XT ‘RDNA 3’ Graphics Card Rumored Specs Detailed: 15360 Cores, 32 GB Memory, 512 MB Infinity Cache Up To 2.5 GHz & 500W TBP
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7950-xt-rdna-3-graphics-card-rumored-specs-detailed-15360-cores-32-gb-memory-512-mb-infinity-cache-up-to-2-5-ghz-500w-tbp/

But I went to it today and... it's not actually a joke! They even say it in the article: "Note, this post is not an April Fool's story and Greymon55 even confirms so in his replies."

If true, it's going to be a performance monster. And also a very power hungry monster.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I didn't pay attention to this article yesterday because I thought it was an obvious April Fools joke:

AMD Radeon RX 7950 XT ‘RDNA 3’ Graphics Card Rumored Specs Detailed: 15360 Cores, 32 GB Memory, 512 MB Infinity Cache Up To 2.5 GHz & 500W TBP
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-7950-xt-rdna-3-graphics-card-rumored-specs-detailed-15360-cores-32-gb-memory-512-mb-infinity-cache-up-to-2-5-ghz-500w-tbp/

But I went to it today and... it's not actually a joke! They even say it in the article: "Note, this post is not an April Fool's story and Greymon55 even confirms so in his replies."

If true, it's going to be a performance monster. And also a very power hungry monster.

Greymon specifically said that that was not an April fool's joke, so joke's on you for thinking it was a joke.

500W TBP is 50W above what I expected, but still more manageable than what Ada Lovelace will bring. I just hope the strongly expanded Infinity Cache will be enough to counter the comparatively low Memory speed and very low Bandwidth.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Greymon specifically said that that was not an April fool's joke, so joke's on you for thinking it was a joke.

500W TBP is 50W above what I expected, but still more manageable than what Ada Lovelace will bring. I just hope the strongly expanded Infinity Cache will be enough to counter the comparatively low Memory speed and very low Bandwidth.

Truth be told, yesterday I only looked at the headline, thought it wa an April Fool's joke and moved on to other things. It's only because it was still on today that I decided to read it, in case it actually wasn't a joke.

And I agree that 500W is a lot, more than I'd have liked, but still far less than the rumored 600W of Ada's top card. But we'll see if any of this is tue.

Last edited by JEMC - on 02 April 2022

Around the Network

More than I thought it would be but then again this is top end SKU with 32GB VRAM, silly shader count and clock speeds. No wonder Nvidia is bumping up the power, this looks beastly.

Think I posted this before but this is the 'info' Moore Law is Dead (YT) has from his sources, last month.

Granted some things like 7970 moniker may or may not make it to final release. This doesn't look too unrealistic for predictions on final products.

Last edited by hinch - on 02 April 2022

JEMC said:

Actually it is an April Fools joke. I originally posted that too but I removed it after reading the comments in wccftech and replies on twitter. Idk why they haven't updated the article on wccftech yet...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I doubt AMD will follow that segmentation, there are too many 79xx cards, but he may be right in some parts of it.,

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Actually it is an April Fools joke. I originally posted that too but I removed it after reading the comments in wccftech and replies on twitter. Idk why they haven't updated the article on wccftech yet...

I checked your posts because I recalled seeing it in one of them... Oh, well. I guess that proves you can't trust leakersd anymore

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Urgh hate Aprils fool's day.

@JEMC I don't mind if they bring back the XX70. Though its a bit redundant as we already have the X700/X800/X900 (plus XT) segmentation. And soon to be XX50 for the upcoming RDNA 2 refresh and next gen cards. The latter being a bit like slapping a Super or Ti at the end of a model.

Three SKU's for one flagship die is a bit excessive though.