By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343
Chazore said:
zero129 said:

If Sony gets you so much maybe you should buy a PS. Least then you wont be waiting years for the games...

However im pretty happy with MS output so far. Grunded was very fun, MS flight sim is litterly the best flight sim ever, Forza H5 takes the racing crown, I agree with State of Decay 2 but 3 is looking like it will be good with the amount of work making it AAA etc. And like i said Halo has set a fire in the hearts of Real Halo fans like myself so yeah. Clearly if you like Sony games better best getting PS5 otherwise unlike MS you will be waiting. For instance be great to play HZD2 soon after finishing the first one right? yeah thats going to be spoiled for you after all the sony fans post their spoilers after finishing it. Gow2? Days gone 2 if it ever happens?. Indeed.

Nooope, no more consoles for me, thanks.

After the Joycon drift and the lack of games that interest me on the Switch has told me that I only ever really got the Switch for indie games, and since the Deck is coming out next year, I'll likely go for that and not bother buying anything new for the Switch itself (since I only ever liked AC/Zelda, and the next AC is eons away and Zelda BotW 2 is whenever). 

I don't think I'm ever going to get back into racing games in all honesty, because the last good one I really enjoyed was Burnout paradise and nothing has had that exact vibe for me since (holy shit that game's nearly 15 yrs old).

I dunno about "real fans", but I've played Halo since the OG days when it was on Xbox, heck I even played Halo CE on the college PC's with friends when our professors were on lunch break. Current Halo just ain't doing it for me though, hell hardly any AAA game these days has me wanting to pay upwards of £60-70 day 1 (myriad of reasons you'll know by now). 

Also, I'm not a gaming junkie these days, I've actually toned down my gaming sessions to like 1-2hrs a day, so I've no reason to binge game after game (hardly manage to complete any SP game in a week, so Days Gone/HZD are still on my "to finish" list). I'm honestly not phased by spoilers like most of you guys are on here (I'm one of those types that actually wants to know when they die, what they will do tomorrow, etc). 

But yeah, no more consoles for me. Still wish MS could whip me up something I'd go for in a heartbeat (it was going to be AoE IV, but y'know how that turned out). 

Dude i don't mean this in a bad way and im only saying this to hopefully help you cause It seems like all you do lately is complain about gaming instead of enjoying it, its as if whatever you used to find fun about gaming is now gone. Everything that comes out of your mouth is negative, it can be about anything and you will find some kind of negative thing about it. Im not saying you dont have your reasons btw, but it really is like you dont enjoy something you used to love and thats making you angry about it.

And honestly i do not know how you can think Paradise is better then the last 2 Horizon games, when they have took a shit on top of it and done it better.

What exactly is it about Paradise that makes you think its better then FH5 or even 4 for that matter??. Is it the crashes?? i mean what else has it got??.

Anyway dude i think maybe you should take a break from gaming i had to do that at points before as it just wasnt doing it for me any more and i was finding myself getting more and more bitter towards gaming.

Around the Network

Judge dismisses antitrust lawsuit filed against Valve
https://www.pcgamer.com/judge-dismisses-antitrust-lawsuit-filed-against-valve/
In April, Overgrowth developer Wolfire Games filed an antitrust lawsuit against Valve, alleging that Steam's dominance in the PC gaming market enables it to extract "an extraordinarily high cut" of the sales made through its storefront. Valve responded in July, saying Wolfire's complaint failed to meet "the most basic requirements of an antitrust case," and asking the judge to dismiss it as a result. In a ruling filed today, the judge in the case agreed with Valve.

hinch said:
Conina said:

Life is Strange: True Colors is locked in 1080p onn my 4K TV when I use the DX12 path :(

https://gfycat.com/dependentrigidbluebottlejellyfish

I'll play it in the recommended DX11 mode in 4K then without raytracing.

But RT is almost useless in this game anyways, so no big loss.

That's weird. Think I played that with DX12 + RT and it ran okay on my GTX 1070 @1440P - albeit with a few crashes. Maybe drivers issues? The RT effect is subtle but adds a bit more realism to the characters. Like they appear a tad more grounded.

Raytracing with a GTX card without raytracing cores?

zero129 said:

Dude i don't mean this in a bad way and im only saying this to hopefully help you cause It seems like all you do lately is complain about gaming instead of enjoying it, its as if whatever you used to find fun about gaming is now gone. Everything that comes out of your mouth is negative, it can be about anything and you will find some kind of negative thing about it. Im not saying you dont have your reasons btw, but it really is like you dont enjoy something you used to love and thats making you angry about it.

And honestly i do not know how you can think Paradise is better then the last 2 Horizon games, when they have took a shit on top of it and done it better.

What exactly is it about Paradise that makes you think its better then FH5 or even 4 for that matter??. Is it the crashes?? i mean what else has it got??.

Well, yeah, that's because most of what I used to love is now gone, replaced by other genres, other companies, and what I do tend to love today is kept from me because a rich CEO decided to come back to a platform they swore off years ago. 

That being said, I still game, just not anywhere as much as I used to (at least back in my early 20's). 

Course I get angry about some things when it comes to gaming, because I'm passionate about the hobby and I want devs/pubs to do better, not worse or regard us as "enemies" (Like how some Blizz staff see Azmogold).

I like Paradise simply because of what it was for me at the time. It was a fast paced arcade racer, which let me take down rival racers with flair/style, and the intense speed/blur gave a good adrenaline-like feeling (also helped that custom music like initial D went well with the game). Forza and other racers today just don't replicate that same vibe for me, and come off as le mons racers or rally types. I personally feel like paradise is my type of racer.

I already take breaks, simply by not gaming for a few days and instead focusing on talking with art friends on Discord/Twitter. I don't think you know me well outside of this forum to know that I do other things besides just game. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Rhonin the wizard said:

Judge dismisses antitrust lawsuit filed against Valve
https://www.pcgamer.com/judge-dismisses-antitrust-lawsuit-filed-against-valve/
In April, Overgrowth developer Wolfire Games filed an antitrust lawsuit against Valve, alleging that Steam's dominance in the PC gaming market enables it to extract "an extraordinarily high cut" of the sales made through its storefront. Valve responded in July, saying Wolfire's complaint failed to meet "the most basic requirements of an antitrust case," and asking the judge to dismiss it as a result. In a ruling filed today, the judge in the case agreed with Valve.

I expect Wolfire to go with EGS next time round with whatever game they decide to spend a near decade on. They are part of Humble Bundle anyway, so it's not like they have anything to lose. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

AMD Radeon RX 6500XT and RX 6400 entry-level RDNA2 cards allegedly listed with 4GB GDDR6 memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6500xt-and-rx-6400-entry-level-rdna2-cards-allegedly-listed-with-4gb-gddr6-memory

64 bit bus... I don't think I have seen one that low in a long time! Of course, a 2060 will probably smoke it and will age significantly better so as usual with budget AMD GPUs... Skip

Intel Arc Alchemist with 512 EUs suffers from low GPU clock in Geekbench OpenCL benchmarks

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-arc-alchemist-with-512-eus-suffers-from-low-gpu-clock-in-geekbench-opencl-benchmarks

"In four of the benchmark runs, the GPU scored 69220, 68418, 6603, and 64964 points, which according to Geekbench’s own performance charts, is close to GeForce RTX 2060 desktop GPU and slightly above Pascal-based NVIDIA Titan Xp. The 512EU model of Arc Alchemist GPU is to feature 16GB GDDR6 memory, so the 12.7 GB capacity reported by Geekench is likely incorrect."

I wouldn't put too much thought into it as because of the low clocks, it probably goofed it

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Conina said:
hinch said:

That's weird. Think I played that with DX12 + RT and it ran okay on my GTX 1070 @1440P - albeit with a few crashes. Maybe drivers issues? The RT effect is subtle but adds a bit more realism to the characters. Like they appear a tad more grounded.

Raytracing with a GTX card without raytracing cores?

Yeah they must be using software raytracing for shadows.

Definitely has it though xP

Elden Ring Beta: PS5/ Xbox Series X/S First Look - Quality vs Performance Modes Tested!

Probably gonna be GoTY tbh but we will see. As far as performance goes, neither PS5/Series X is able to keep a locked 60 unless you go backwards compatibility mode on ps5 with much worse visuals. There is also no 30fps lock for quality mode. But it is still early days so there's time to fix it. Overall the PS5 performs better than Series X and loads twice as fast. Game continues to look insane!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Radeon RX 6500XT and RX 6400 entry-level RDNA2 cards allegedly listed with 4GB GDDR6 memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6500xt-and-rx-6400-entry-level-rdna2-cards-allegedly-listed-with-4gb-gddr6-memory

64 bit bus... I don't think I have seen one that low in a long time! Of course, a 2060 will probably smoke it and will age significantly better so as usual with budget AMD GPUs... Skip

That memory bandwidth is lame, as the chip itself. But shouldn't we compare it with the GTX 2050? After all, the RX6600 was the card most close to the 2060.

By the way, did you guys read an article that WccfTech posted some days ago where it talked about the next gen flagship cards? The article itself doesn't bring anything new, but it describes the new nomenclature that AMD will use with RDNA3 and, well, it's confusing as f*ck (at least to me):

https://wccftech.com/amd-nvidia-next-gen-flagship-gpus-detailed-rdna-3-radeon-rx-7900-xt-with-15360-cores-ada-lovelace-geforce-rtx-4090-with-18432-cores/

We have heard that AMD will drop CU (Compute Units) in favor of WGP (Work Group Processors) on its next-gen RDNA 3 GPUs. Since Navi 31 is an MCM GPU, it will feature two key IPs, a GCD (Graphics Core Die) based on TSMC's 5nm process and an MCD (Multi-Cache Die) based on the TSMC 6nm process node.

The Navi 31 GPU configuration shown here features two GCD's (Graphics Core Die) and a single MCD (Multi-Cache Die). Each GCD has 3 Shader Engines (6 in total) and each Shader Engine has 2 Shader Arrays (2 per SE / 6 per GCD / 12 in total). Each Shader Array is composed of 5 WGPs (10 per SE / 30 per GCD / 60 in total) and each WGP features 8 SIMD32 units with 32 ALUs (40 SIMD32 per SA / 80 per SE / 240 per GCD / 480 in total). These SIMD32 units combine to make up 7,680 cores per GCD and 15,360 cores in total.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That memory bandwidth is lame, as the chip itself. But shouldn't we compare it with the GTX 2050? After all, the RX6600 was the card most close to the 2060.

By the way, did you guys read an article that WccfTech posted some days ago where it talked about the next gen flagship cards? The article itself doesn't bring anything new, but it describes the new nomenclature that AMD will use with RDNA3 and, well, it's confusing as f*ck (at least to me):

https://wccftech.com/amd-nvidia-next-gen-flagship-gpus-detailed-rdna-3-radeon-rx-7900-xt-with-15360-cores-ada-lovelace-geforce-rtx-4090-with-18432-cores/

We have heard that AMD will drop CU (Compute Units) in favor of WGP (Work Group Processors) on its next-gen RDNA 3 GPUs. Since Navi 31 is an MCM GPU, it will feature two key IPs, a GCD (Graphics Core Die) based on TSMC's 5nm process and an MCD (Multi-Cache Die) based on the TSMC 6nm process node.

The Navi 31 GPU configuration shown here features two GCD's (Graphics Core Die) and a single MCD (Multi-Cache Die). Each GCD has 3 Shader Engines (6 in total) and each Shader Engine has 2 Shader Arrays (2 per SE / 6 per GCD / 12 in total). Each Shader Array is composed of 5 WGPs (10 per SE / 30 per GCD / 60 in total) and each WGP features 8 SIMD32 units with 32 ALUs (40 SIMD32 per SA / 80 per SE / 240 per GCD / 480 in total). These SIMD32 units combine to make up 7,680 cores per GCD and 15,360 cores in total.

Nah, the 6600 sits between a 2060 and 3060 and priced to compete against a 3060.

And yea, it is a bit confusing when moving from CUs to WGPs.