By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Alright wow. The battery life is pretty insane!

Control also runs quite well. Yes it's in Low but so are the consoles (according to DF). If I remember correctly, ps4 runs lower than PC low at 30fps. There are many more benchmarks but I'd say Control was the hardest to run.

It does have some issues with Forza Horizon 5 which is likely because of Linux than the hardware as it also has issues with Dead cell.

The biggest disappointment seems to be the haptics which is quite the shame. Linus also mentioned that some of the feel of the control scheme isn't fully to his liking. The rest sounds like a dream come true.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 07 February 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Gamers Nexus up:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Just watched Linus's preview and he looked quite impressed with it. The performance and comfort were my main concerns for it but it looks good, so far. Also happy its got decent sound from the in-built speakers too. Sucks about the haptics, though wasn't expecting much after the Steam Controller (which was terrible). Going to watch the GN one as that ones probably more in-depth lol.

But yeah can't wait for full reviews of the thing.

Last edited by hinch - on 07 February 2022

Gamers Nexus has some interesting stats as well.

Control with Medium Settings:

I have to rewatch DF's console comparison video of control.

Ghost Runner with... Yes... WITH Ray Tracing!

Like wow. Max Settings + Ray Tracing???? On a handheld?

Now the battery testing from GN was much shorter than Linus. It really depends on how you choose to use your steam deck. If you go full tilt all the time, then the battery life will go down to 1.5 hours to 2 hours. But if you tweak a few things like Linus did and cap your framerate to 30fps, you will get 3+ hours even on a demanding game like ghostrunner.

GN also did battery charge times:

So "fast charges" to 80% in 1.5 hours and then charges to 100% in a total time of 3 hours.

Unboxing video on Linus's other channel

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Control also runs quite well. Yes it's in Low but so are the consoles (according to DF). If I remember correctly, ps4 runs lower than PC low at 30fps. There are many more benchmarks but I'd say Control was the hardest to run.

Captain_Yuri said:

Gamers Nexus has some interesting stats as well.

Control with Medium Settings:

I have to rewatch DF's console comparison video of control.

Control on Xbox One S was 1280 x 720 with slowdowns down to 13 fps:

Control on PS4 was 1600 x 900 with slowdowns down to 10 fps:

The performance patch 1.03 still wasn't good enough to keep the framerate above 20 fps (or even 15 fps):

I'm curious how the Steam Deck will hold up in these problematic areas of the game.

Look guys, it's pocketable!

Where's your god now switch pocket users? /s

hinch said:

Just watched Linus's preview and he looked quite impressed with it. The performance and comfort were my main concerns for it but it looks good, so far. Also happy its got decent sound from the in-built speakers too. Sucks about the haptics, though wasn't expecting much after the Steam Controller (which was terrible). Going to watch the GN one as that ones probably more in-depth lol.

I still own my Steam gamepad (though I reckon I'm happy to just give it to someone else as soon as I find it's box), though I wasn't that big on haptics either. What drew me to the gamepad was it's shape and build in config module for Steam and other games. 

It's weird, but I actually prefer GN's take on devices/hw more than I do Linus (mostly down to Linus having his 4-8k obsession and he has the weirdest judgement quirks that put me off his viewpoints over the yrs, that and he breaks shit).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

Look guys, it's pocketable!

Where's your god now switch pocket users? /s

please tell me it was posted in that god awful thread. I'd love to see the reactions. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
hinch said:

I still own my Steam gamepad (though I reckon I'm happy to just give it to someone else as soon as I find it's box), though I wasn't that big on haptics either. What drew me to the gamepad was it's shape and build in config module for Steam and other games. 

It's weird, but I actually prefer GN's take on devices/hw more than I do Linus (mostly down to Linus having his 4-8k obsession and he has the weirdest judgement quirks that put me off his viewpoints over the yrs, that and he breaks shit).

Nice. It was a good concept but it there were things that held it back like it's cheap build, rumble and haptics. And the touch pads never felt responsive enough for me. With more work it could've been a really good alternative to standard dual analogue game pads.

I don't mind Linus's takes.. he usually does easy to digest and entertaining looks in hardware rather than Gamers Nexus's deep analysis. Which do drag on a bit in a lot of videos but they can be informative and techy. Both kinda have their good takeaways  imo.