By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

zero129 said:
JEMC said:

By the way, both Guru3D and Club386 have announced the winners of their December contests:

Club386 did it in an update on how the site is going: https://www.club386.com/welcome-to-club386-v0-2/.

And Club3D in an article about them: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/december-2021-guru3d-contest-winner-announcements.html

You can now direct your anger towards those lucky b*stards. Oh, and if one of you won, just let us know! That way we'll be able to hate you even more

Yep once again i never won a thing xD . Its like always with them and lotto cards horse shit.

Same here. But that will only make it better when we win!

hinch said:

Same haha.

As competitions go.. personally, only had one where actually have won something. And that from IGN, from a long, long time ago lol. So it is possible.

I won a football ball when I was a kid, but that's the only thing I can remember. Mr brother won a beach towel with an ice-cream (or was it the other way around? It's been so long that I'm not sure anymore).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

I was wasting some time online and, for some reason, I ended going to HardOCP before realizing it was dead... only to find out that it's not as dead as I thought. Now it's just like a blog from Kyle Bennett, that started a couple weeks ago, and the last post is about the 3050 and 6500XT cards recently unveiled.

The reason I say all that is for what he says about those cards:

"The 3050 and its 8GB of VRAM is capable of mining Ethereum. The 6500XT and its 4GB of VRAM is not capable of mining Ethereum. It has been shown many times that 4GB is sufficient for almost every person wanting to game at 1080P." (...)

"The proof in the pudding about my theory here will be how the actual retail prices settle out. I am guessing that we will see the 6500XT stick a lot closer to its MSRP than the 3050 will."

0.o    I hadn't thought about that!

By the way, he still seems to have something against Nvidia, something to keep in mind.

Meh, I think his post has too much salt to take it seriously. Anyone getting really anything below at 6700XT from AMD will regret their purchase even if it ends up being cheaper than Nvidia because there are no technologies like DLSS for AMD just yet. FSR looks horrible in anything less than 4k and the idea that having more Vram is now considered a bad thing when Nvidia has more is lulz worthy.

While it's true to an extent that Eth mining is better with more and higher bandwidth vram, the fact is, so is gaming and imo, the only reason AMD isn't giving more than 4GB in 2022 is because they are greedy. If this was switched, I am willing to bet my 4 star genshin impact waifu that he would change his tune.

That's why I made the comment in the end.

I'm not sure if DLSS is that usefull with such low wend parts. After all, the number of tensor cores and all the stuff used for it is a lot less than in the higher models, and that must also affect its results.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I forgot to mention that today it's the Three Wise Men festivity and, as a result, there'll be no news.

Don't get your hopes up, I'll come back tomorrow to post them!

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT is limited to PCIe 4.0 x4 interface

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6500-xt-is-limited-to-pcie-4-0-x4-interface

"What should also be mentioned is the fact that RX 6500XT is missing some important features from other RX 6000 cards, such as H264/HEVC encoding or AV1 decoding."

Remember, even the AMD RX 480 from 2016 has 4k H264/H265/HEVC encoding support which the 6500XT lacks. AV1 decoding will also be important for future streaming content as most streaming websites will be using it. Absolutely disgraceful from AMD.

ViewSonic introduces ELITE XG321UG 4K 144Hz Mini-LED Gaming Monitor priced at 2500 USD

https://videocardz.com/press-release/viewsonic-introduces-elite-xg321ug-4k-144hz-mini-led-gaming-monitor-priced-at-2500-usd

MSI launches MEG 271Q Mini LED 1440p 300Hz gaming monitor with DisplayHDR1000

https://videocardz.com/press-release/msi-launches-meg-271q-mini-led-1440p-300hz-gaming-monitor-with-displayhdr1000

The way that mini-LEDs are stacking up, this should be the buying decision if you have the money and space:

Alienware QD-OLED Ultrawide Monitor > 42 Inch LG OLED > Mini-LED > IPS > VA

Honda, Acura cars hit by Y2K22 bug that rolls back clocks to 2002

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/honda-acura-cars-hit-by-y2k22-bug-that-rolls-back-clocks-to-2002/

If there are no firmware fixes, then it will fix itself by August

Asus says this is world’s first quad-band Wi-Fi 6E gaming router

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/5/22868194/asus-rog-rapture-gt-axe16000-quad-band-gaming-router

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah think that'll be the case. Honestly, $2.5K for a 32" Mini-LED display is a tough sell and well out of bounds of most consumers. And if that's the trend this year then that 42" LG TV (at under or around 1K) is a much better proposition tbh.

Wonder how much that Dell is going to price that Alienware..

Around the Network

Initially, probably gonna be hella expensive... By the end of the year, it will be half the price when on sale as with Alienware monitors of the past, that's how they did it.

Hopefully Samsung's Neo G8 will be competitively priced. Since it's a 32 inch, one would think it would be cheaper than their 49 inch. But then again, it has a lot more zones and a higher resolution. Least on the bright side, Samsung also gives pretty notable discounts during holiday season. Neo G9 was $500-$800 off on Black Friday.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

True, monitors are good for discounts some months after launch. There was a lot of deals during Black Friday this past year here in the UK. Think I'm still going to keep an eye out on the Odyssey G8 and cross my fingers it not going to cost the moon lol.

Same for that Alienware actually. QD-OLED and it being ultrawide does sound amazing.

If Viewsonic charges $2500 for their monitor, I dread to think what Asus will charge for theirs.

And yeah, AMD should be ashamed of that card.

By the time this thing comes out, it will get shat on by a 4050 Ti

They had one job. Easiest time to enter market. Inflated prices, no inventory. Potatoes selling at flagship prices.

Yet Intel.