By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Just looking at that Samsung monitor in vertical gave me neck pain.

And Dell... well, I don't know who's in charge of their laptops, but they should be worried about him/her. Some decisions don't make any sense.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

By the way, both Guru3D and Club386 have announced the winners of their December contests:

Club386 did it in an update on how the site is going: https://www.club386.com/welcome-to-club386-v0-2/.

And Club3D in an article about them: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/december-2021-guru3d-contest-winner-announcements.html

You can now direct your anger towards those lucky b*stards. Oh, and if one of you won, just let us know! That way we'll be able to hate you even more

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

TallSilhouette said:
Captain_Yuri said:

The new Dell XPS 13 Plus 9320 loses the microSD card slot and the 3.5 mm headphone jack, you get just two Thunderbolt 4 ports

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-Plus-9320-gets-upgraded-to-28-W-Intel-Alder-Lake-P-screams-minimalism-with-capacitive-function-keys-seamless-haptic-Forcepad-and-no-headphone-jack.585059.0.html

Not even Apple was couragous enough to get rid of the headphone jack from their laptops... Why dell?

Man, the XPS+ seems to be taking a lot of steps backwards. The Apple envy is obvious and it's so bizarre to see them lean into the Macbook trends people hated and even Apple themselves admitted defeat on. I hope there are regular XPS's going forward that don't fix what isn't broken, otherwise I may have to look elsewhere or the used market for my next laptop.

JEMC said:

And Dell... well, I don't know who's in charge of their laptops, but they should be worried about him/her. Some decisions don't make any sense.

Yea pretty much and it's annoying cause the XPS laptops have been some of the best built Windows laptops you can get with very slim bezels. Hopefully this doesn't continue onto their XPS 15/17 but alas, Dell has been going downhill for a while.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well, the Steam Winter Sale has come to an end.

I didn't get much this time, only two games: Ace Combat 7 and Bud Spencer and Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans. I ran out of money in my wallet and, for some reason, I couldn't find any Steam Wallet card in any of the stores I checked.

Oh, well. More money saved for the future.

JEMC said:

Was going to say lol. Would imagine quite strenuous looking all the way up even for a quick glance every once in a while.

Interesting concept though as monitors have been getting wider and wider though not higher, which makes more use of vertical space. Having essentially a triple 24" monitors QD-OLED stacked does sound pretty cool concept and you could always use the screen as a behemoth 55" in landscape mode.

Around the Network
hinch said:
JEMC said:

Was going to say lol. Would imagine quite strenuous looking all the way up even for a quick glance every once in a while.

Interesting concept though as monitors have been getting wider and wider though not higher, which makes more use of vertical space. Having essentially a triple 24" monitors QD-OLED stacked does sound pretty cool concept and you could always use the screen as a behemoth 55" in landscape mode.

You know, you could always ask your boss for a reclining chair, for ergonomy reasons, of course, and who knows, maybe a nap will fall from time to time...

That's true and you can also say the chair and monitor is for productivity - "The top screen is for work yes, not Netflix or gaming I swear!"

I was wasting some time online and, for some reason, I ended going to HardOCP before realizing it was dead... only to find out that it's not as dead as I thought. Now it's just like a blog from Kyle Bennett, that started a couple weeks ago, and the last post is about the 3050 and 6500XT cards recently unveiled.

The reason I say all that is for what he says about those cards:

"The 3050 and its 8GB of VRAM is capable of mining Ethereum. The 6500XT and its 4GB of VRAM is not capable of mining Ethereum. It has been shown many times that 4GB is sufficient for almost every person wanting to game at 1080P." (...)

"The proof in the pudding about my theory here will be how the actual retail prices settle out. I am guessing that we will see the 6500XT stick a lot closer to its MSRP than the 3050 will."

0.o    I hadn't thought about that!

By the way, he still seems to have something against Nvidia, something to keep in mind.

Same haha.

As competitions go.. personally, only had one where actually have won something. And that from IGN, from a long, long time ago lol. So it is possible.

JEMC said:

I was wasting some time online and, for some reason, I ended going to HardOCP before realizing it was dead... only to find out that it's not as dead as I thought. Now it's just like a blog from Kyle Bennett, that started a couple weeks ago, and the last post is about the 3050 and 6500XT cards recently unveiled.

The reason I say all that is for what he says about those cards:

"The 3050 and its 8GB of VRAM is capable of mining Ethereum. The 6500XT and its 4GB of VRAM is not capable of mining Ethereum. It has been shown many times that 4GB is sufficient for almost every person wanting to game at 1080P." (...)

"The proof in the pudding about my theory here will be how the actual retail prices settle out. I am guessing that we will see the 6500XT stick a lot closer to its MSRP than the 3050 will."

0.o    I hadn't thought about that!

By the way, he still seems to have something against Nvidia, something to keep in mind.

Meh, I think his post has too much salt to take it seriously. Anyone getting really anything below at 6700XT from AMD will regret their purchase even if it ends up being cheaper than Nvidia because there are no technologies like DLSS for AMD just yet. FSR looks horrible in anything less than 4k and the idea that having more Vram is now considered a bad thing when Nvidia has more is lulz worthy.

While it's true to an extent that Eth mining is better with more and higher bandwidth vram, the fact is, so is gaming and imo, the only reason AMD isn't giving more than 4GB in 2022 is because they are greedy. If this was switched, I am willing to bet my 4 star genshin impact waifu that he would change his tune.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 05 January 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850