By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

[Apple] Apple announces Self Service Repair

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/11/apple-announces-self-service-repair/

"Apple parts, tools, and manuals — starting with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 — available to individual consumers"

Hell has officially frozen over

Intel Alder Lake-M with 10 cores and Alder Lake-P with 12 cores next-gen mobile CPUs spotted

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-alder-lake-m-with-10-cores-and-alder-lake-p-with-12-cores-next-gen-mobile-cpus-spotted

Those are quite a lot of cores in the low end even if majority is efficient cores.

Intel Core i5-12400 6 Core CPU Matches The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X In PugetBench Benchmarks, Little i5 To Destroy Top Ryzen 5 In Perf Per $

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-i5-12400-6-core-cpu-matches-the-amd-ryzen-5-5600x-in-pugetbench-benchmarks-little-i5-to-destroy-top-ryzen-5-in-perf-per/

The king of price/performance is back. Too bad there aren't any new GPUs to go along with it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

After one year of Xbox Series X and PS5, here is a summary of the results of all Digital Foundry comparison videos of new-gen games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It would have been nice if they had included PC to the list, just for the sake of it, but we know how it would have ended.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

or after the day one patches

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

[Apple] Apple announces Self Service Repair

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/11/apple-announces-self-service-repair/

"Apple parts, tools, and manuals — starting with iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 — available to individual consumers"

Hell has officially frozen over

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

After one year of Xbox Series X and PS5, here is a summary of the results of all Digital Foundry comparison videos of new-gen games

Took one gander at "William's" timeline, to find out they are a fanboy for Sony.

Positive retweets for Sony based gaming, bad results/tweets for anything Xbox related.

I hate that fanboys just borrow video game character names and just pull this kind of pointless crap. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Both consoles are close enough to not matter. I think a lot of us were expecting the Series to easily take third parties in terms of performance. Though so its good that consoles get at least good results from games - most of the time. If only more care was given into PC ports! Even so, more often than not they fail to even compete with PC's; with last gen GPU's. Though I do feel like the CPU is pretty much holding back the consoles (again).

Last edited by hinch - on 17 November 2021

hinch said:

Both consoles are close enough to not matter. I think a lot of us were expecting the Series to easily take third parties in terms of performance. Though so its good that consoles get at least good results from games - most of the time. If only more care was given into PC ports! Even so, more often than not they fail to even compete with PC's; with last gen GPU's. Though I do feel like the CPU is pretty much holding back the consoles (again).

I was actually hoping that this gen would have meant better PC ports, but hoo boy, not even that helps when we've got poor dev selections and crunch time. 

I'm still miffed that we're getting Sim games made for PC first and yet some devs are still tying most of the simulation calculations to like 1-2 cored and a few threads. Like Planet coaster could have done better, Planet Zoo definitely should have done better and then there was JPW game (not sure how JWP 2 is performing CPU wise atm). 

Yeah and with Covid affecting development of a lot of recent titles. I just tend to avoid games that are poorly optimised like Ubisoft stuff.. not only because their games are quite samey but also because a lot of time their stuff are so inconsistent when it comes to playing them.

Hopefully with both consoles on modern architectures for CPU's we should get at least some better utilization on PC. And that Maxis doesn't screw up Sims 5. 'Cause 4 was poorly optimised even though they took away the open world aspect of it.

You know its bad when IGN doesn't even rate a high profile game. Score

Spoiler!
5/10