By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I Asus made AIO coolers, I could kind of undersatand why they messed it up with so many coolers from other brands. But they don't, making this situation more difficult to understand. Do they really pay so little attention to things like that while designing their boards or is it, because they're the dominant brand, that they simply don't care?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Apple backs off of breaking Face ID after DIY iPhone 13 screen replacements

https://www.theverge.com/2021/11/9/22772433/apple-iphone-13-screen-replacements-face-id-software-update

Tune in next year for more nonsense

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

*** ALERT FREE GAME ***

The folks at GOG are giving away for free SteamWorld Dig 2, but only during the next 23 hours. Hurry up!

https://www.gog.com/game/steamworld_dig_2

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Steam Deck Shipments delayed (Just got the email)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Was just going to post that xP

Man.. such a bummer mine has been pushed back to Q2 (from Q1). Not sure whether the keep the preorder or not.

Around the Network

I'll still keep it but such an urghh worthy news. Guess I'll buy something else for the holiday instead...

Captain_Yuri said:

But in Linux, you better research that shit son!

Yeah, like read one or two more lines where it clearly says what's happening is potentially harmful. But yeah, definitely not a great experience. (Someone in the comments suggested the Steam package was broken momentarily and he just had bad timing, combined with his unwillingness to read just a little bit more.)

if only there was another way to play steam games

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

if only there was another way to play steam games

Well the hardware isn't the only reason to get the Steam Deck. Steam Deck's price is still cheaper than the Chinese versions (Granted you do get less stuff like storage) but also the fact that it's made by someone trust worthy that will provide dedicated support, compatibility and optimization.

As an example with GPD and other Chinese manufacturers, they were known to have "viruses" even though it was out of the box install of Windows.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/n5u1sy/yep_malware_found_on_gpd_win_3/

Now we know that Windows defender can have false readings but it is pretty fishy none the less and it happens with a lot of Chinese products. Then if you have any problems with your hardware, you have to ship it back to China assuming you can get good enough support. And on top of that, you are just getting Windows with little to no optimization.

With Steam Deck, it's a pretty good mix of the advantages of a PC with the advantages of a handheld. You are getting Steam OS which is optimized for Steam Deck that has suspend and resume features. Valve is making lots of changes to Steam specifically so that it works well with the Steam Deck and the list goes on. Also pre-ordering is only $5 so it's not like you are getting charged to full amount until it ships so pre-ordering and keeping your place in the queue isn't a bad thing. And you can cancel anytime as well where as with the Chinese ones... Gotta pay full price afaik...

And of course, if there's any issues with the product, you get support from Valve and they have already shown they will make Steam Decks parts readily available. So if you have Drifting issues with joysticks as everything seems to have these days and you are out of warranty, the chances are it will be much easier to replace on the Steam Deck.

The real question is whether or not another western company will have an alternative by then with better specs.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 10 November 2021