By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 247 61.44%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.23%

it sucks 22 5.47%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.23%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.48%

Meh 32 7.96%

Total:341

When you thought you bought a 12-TB-HDD but instead bought onethousandfivehundred 8-GB-HDDs

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea it's going to continue to happen sadly. AMD doesn't want games they sponsor to have Nvidia technologies implemented and Nvidia doesn't want to give their technologies out to their competitors. We have seen that in a game that's not sponsored by either companies, game devs do intend to implement DLSS for Nvidia RTX because of how easy it is these days or TAA upscaling for every other GPUs. And the other problem with AMD sponsored games is because their GPUs perform like potatos when you get heavy in Ray Tracing, the RT implantation looks very yawn worthy.

Like it's not even close. Now it's not a fair comparison per say but we have also seen a pattern when it comes to AMD sponsored games where they continue to  use very light RT due to their GPU limitations. AMD fans will be like but muh Raster while Nvidia keeps pushing the boundaries of fap worthy technologies on PC. Maybe it will change one day but right now, AMD is absolutely holding PC back with their emphasis on Raster and their delays in Super Resolution. Cause it's clear with the amount of games that are adding in Ray Tracing and DLSS, the industry wants to move on.

Yeah, this is largely why I'm irked that AMD is basically low to medium end, but also providing console level hw and not doing as much in the GPu side for PC gaming.

Like Metro is far ahead of RE, and even then, that game is still more demanding that RE8 village. I just wish AMD would stop holding themselves back on the PC side of things. Even nvidia is able to do what they do *and* provide chips for Nintendo, while AMD supplies for two console systems for two gens now and some PC hw. 

I just wish AMD would stop holding us back. Not saying nvidia are heroes or anything, but they are dabbling and are ahead with some of their tech, and you'd think AMD would be doing the same, not pulling a Nintendo where they come extremely late to the party. I just don't like the idea of consoles holding us back, because one company thinks it's neat not to bother with new tech and the large install base. 

It makes me wonder if devs are even asking AMD behind closed doors to hurry things up, because as you say, devs are adding in DLSS/RT into their games now, which is pretty much spelling things out for AMD, but I want to know if devs are actually asking for AMD to provide these (We don't need to ask for Nvidia, since they are already providing them). 

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea it's going to continue to happen sadly. AMD doesn't want games they sponsor to have Nvidia technologies implemented and Nvidia doesn't want to give their technologies out to their competitors. We have seen that in a game that's not sponsored by either companies, game devs do intend to implement DLSS for Nvidia RTX because of how easy it is these days or TAA upscaling for every other GPUs. And the other problem with AMD sponsored games is because their GPUs perform like potatos when you get heavy in Ray Tracing, the RT implantation looks very yawn worthy.

Like it's not even close. Now it's not a fair comparison per say but we have also seen a pattern when it comes to AMD sponsored games where they continue to  use very light RT due to their GPU limitations. AMD fans will be like but muh Raster while Nvidia keeps pushing the boundaries of fap worthy technologies on PC. Maybe it will change one day but right now, AMD is absolutely holding PC back with their emphasis on Raster and their delays in Super Resolution. Cause it's clear with the amount of games that are adding in Ray Tracing and DLSS, the industry wants to move on.

Yeah, this is largely why I'm irked that AMD is basically low to medium end, but also providing console level hw and not doing as much in the GPu side for PC gaming.

Like Metro is far ahead of RE, and even then, that game is still more demanding that RE8 village. I just wish AMD would stop holding themselves back on the PC side of things. Even nvidia is able to do what they do *and* provide chips for Nintendo, while AMD supplies for two console systems for two gens now and some PC hw. 

I just wish AMD would stop holding us back. Not saying nvidia are heroes or anything, but they are dabbling and are ahead with some of their tech, and you'd think AMD would be doing the same, not pulling a Nintendo where they come extremely late to the party. I just don't like the idea of consoles holding us back, because one company thinks it's neat not to bother with new tech and the large install base. 

It makes me wonder if devs are even asking AMD behind closed doors to hurry things up, because as you say, devs are adding in DLSS/RT into their games now, which is pretty much spelling things out for AMD, but I want to know if devs are actually asking for AMD to provide these (We don't need to ask for Nvidia, since they are already providing them). 

Yea it's why I am more so interested in RDNA 3 than anything AMD has right now. RDNA 2 similar to RDNA 1 feels like a beta test and RDNA 3 just might be where they are able to really go all out. We will obviously have to see how it turns out but if they don't hit a home run in all categories, then it will be GCN all over again.

Especially as according to digital foundry, 4A's new engine which is used in the new Metro Ray Tracing enhanced update is all Ray Tracing with no Raster fallback. So for all future 4A games, there won't be any Raster fallback and according to DF, they aren't the only ones to go this route. Turing is already aging much better than Vega and RDNA 1 to the point where a 2060 is now able to play a game where the 5700 XT can't even run it. I think Ampere will also age much better than RDNA 2.

Anyone that still believes that they should purchase a GPU purely based on it's raster performance is in for a wake up call in a few years where a lot of games will be Ray Tracing with no Raster fallback.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

So Apple vs Epic court case is happening today so we are gonna see some interesting news.

Apparently 7% of users who claimed free game on Epic store purchased something after that

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-7-of-users-who-claimed-free-game-on-epic-store-purchased-something-after-that.419847/

Epic lawsuit shows Sony asks publishers for compensation if MTX / playerbase ratio falls below certain amount compared to the cross-platform revenue

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-makes-dev-pay-for-crossplay-depending-on-the-revenue.419805/

Sony pls

I might post more as they come out. You can follow it here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-games-vs-apple-court-case-has-begun.419751/

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 03 May 2021

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:

So Apple vs Epic court case is happening today so we are gonna see some interesting news.

Apparently 7% of users who claimed free game on Epic store purchased something after that

https://www.resetera.com/threads/apparently-7-of-users-who-claimed-free-game-on-epic-store-purchased-something-after-that.419847/

Epic lawsuit shows Sony asks publishers for compensation if MTX / playerbase ratio falls below certain amount compared to the cross-platform revenue

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-makes-dev-pay-for-crossplay-depending-on-the-revenue.419805/

Sony pls

I might post more as they come out. You can follow it here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-games-vs-apple-court-case-has-begun.419751/

7% after nearly 3 years of being on the market, as well as having the second most popular game on the planet and all those exclusivity deals is...pitifully low, and they expect to make full on big bank by 2027?. I don't see that happening.

Also not surprised by that Crossplay part from Sony. They were leading last gen from the start, so they saw no reason to crossplay with anyone else, sharing their pool of users. 

This court case is such a laugh though, from the opening calls from meme lords, to all this info leaking out, showing the shitshow coming from multiple sides, and it's all because Apple wanted to see this shit. I'm surprised they were even allowed to unearth all this ciritcal info, because as it stands, it makes all the other players look so damn shitty (like the back and forth lies about wanting crossplay, to being indifferent, when they really did not want crossplay at all, to Epic shoving out data to the public, making everything looking like a plus, and then seeing only 7% customer retention). 

I know for sure there's going to be some stuff dug up from Valve, which I'm also interested to see.

Around the Network

Some more Epic Store funness

Epic Store DAU, New Users per Day and Daily Revenue for the first 9 months

Some ubisoft numbers:

"70% Fraud Refund" is a bit interesting...

There's more info in the link

https://www.resetera.com/threads/epic-store-dau-new-users-per-day-and-daily-revenue-for-the-first-9-months.419946/

We also have some stats regarding the free games that epic gives out and how much they pay for it. Entitlement is how many users redeemed it. Buy out price is how much Epic games paid for it. Some devs only got $50,000 for almost 2 million redemptions!

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 03 May 2021

The Tuesday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Steam has two new deals and the weeklong deals:

Fanatical has three new deals:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

If your CPU usage is inexplicably spiking, try installing this optional Windows 10 update
https://www.pcgamer.com/if-your-cpu-usage-is-inexplicably-spiking-try-installing-this-optional-windows-10-update/
The next cumulative update for Windows 10 is now available to download in preview form, and installing it could make your PC run faster. That is, if you've been experiencing abnormally high CPU usage as of late, in which case this update may be the cure for what ails your PC.
At issue is what appears to be an undocumented bug in Windows 10. Or unacknowledged, I should say, because as Windows Latest noticed, Microsoft's Feedback Hub is rife with complaints of high CPU usage with little rhyme or reason as to the cause. The site says it could be due to a bug triggering what's called a 'race condition' in Windows 10.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Someone is working on a Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness fan remake in Unreal Engine 4
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/someone-is-working-on-a-tomb-raider-the-angel-of-darkness-fan-remake-in-unreal-engine-4/
FreakRaider is currently working on a fan remake of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness in Unreal Engine 4, and shared some in-game videos from it. This project appears to be in an early development stage, so it will be a while until we get our hands on it.
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness came out in 2003 and is considered by many as the worst Tomb Raider game. The game had major camera issues, and its controls were not that good.
From the looks of it, this fan remake aims to address its original camera issues. Let’s also hope that Lara’s animations will also receive a significant overhaul.

Resident Evil: Village's demo lasted long enough to add a Barney mod
https://www.pcgamer.com/resident-evil-villages-demo-lasted-long-enough-to-add-a-barney-mod/
Resident Evil: Village's well, village, is full of bizarre and horrific creatures. Locust witches, twisted half-werewolves, and massive vampires that the internet universally wants to step on their face. With neighbours like that, what's the harm in adding an unsettlingly plush purple dinosaur?
Last weekend's Resident Evil demo may have have been brief, but it stuck around just long enough to add Barney the Dinosaur to the horror game's cursed town. Like Thomas the Tank Engine, Barney is pretty much a modding staple—but I'm not sure he's ever looked as terrifying as he has here, our hapless hero trying to shake off a horde of purple brutes in underlit catacombs.
Barney isn't the only out-of-place character Marcos has dropped into Village either, with the modder releasing plenty of model-swaps over on his Patreon. There's something particularly upsetting about replacing the game's monsters with Brazilian model-turned-meme Ricardo Milos, candlelight glistening against the skin of these sweaty, axe-wielding hunks.
>> The Barney Mod is behind a paywall, but others on that Patreon aren't.

GAMING NEWS

Saints Row 5 and Dead Island 2 may be exclusive to Epic Games Store
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/saints-row-5-and-dead-island-2-may-be-exclusive-to-epic-games-store/
As we all know, Apple faces off against Epic Games in court. And according to a leaked court document, Dead Island 2 and Saints Row 5 will be exclusive to Epic Games Store.
>> There's a slide showing them, but it's so small that you'll be hard pressed to understand most of it.

Here are some leaked in-game screenshots for Psychonauts 2
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/here-are-some-leaked-in-game-screenshots-for-psychonauts-2/
It’s been a while since we last heard anything at all about Psychonauts 2. The game has missed its 2019 release date and there is currently no ETA on when it will come out. Still, some new low-quality in-game screenshots for it have been leaked.

Next-Gen Fable will be using the ForzaTech Engine
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/next-gen-fable-will-be-using-the-forzatech-engine/
In July 2020, Microsoft and Playground Games revealed a new Fable game that will be coming on next-gen platforms. And, according to a recent Turn10 job listing, this new Fable game will be using the ForzaTech Engine.

*Edit* Updated with the deals at Fanatical.

Last edited by JEMC - on 04 May 2021

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Part two of the news:

Watch Dogs Legion update expands online, adds two new professions
https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-legion-update-expands-online-adds-dj-profession/
Watch Dogs Legion is getting its first big update tomorrow, May 4, and Ubisoft has put out a trailer showing what's included. The game's online modes, which Jeremy Peel found "profoundly disappointing", are set to expand with three new co-op missions, five assignments and two gadgets, while the season pass will soon embiggen with a new mission set in a museum, and a superpowered hero who can be played either in single-player or in the online modes.

Blizzard battles Fox over a cartoon dog named Diablo
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-battles-fox-over-a-cartoon-dog-named-diablo/
Blizzard has filed an opposition to a Fox Media application for a trademark on the word "Diablo," arguing, as you'd expect, that it's held a trademark on the term for a long time now, and that the products bearing the mark "have enjoyed enormous commercial success, won various industry awards, and been the subject of substantial, unsolicited media attention."

Rainbow Six Siege's Apocalypse event is a fight over the 'last plant on earth'
https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-sieges-apocalypse-event-is-a-fight-over-the-last-plant-on-earth/
Rainbow Six Siege's next seasonal event is an apocalyptic game of keep away. Aptly named Apocalypse, the limited-time mode takes players to a dilapidated version of the Outback map ravaged by an "important reactor meltdown." Water is contaminated, crops have been destroyed, and the air sucks. Attackers and defenders fight over control of the last living plant on earth.

Claire de Lune is first-person puzzle-adventure with a multi-purpose Portal Gun
https://www.pcgamer.com/claire-de-lune-is-first-person-puzzle-adventure-with-a-multi-purpose-portal-gun/
Claire de Lune is an upcoming "story-driven puzzle adventure" about a smuggler named John, who's on the run with his daughter Claire. When they're separated after their ship crashes on an alien world, John must use his ingenuity, agility, and handy-dandy Nanogun to reunite with Claire, repair their ship, and make their way off-world.

Toys For Bob's pivot to Warzone support studio didn't result in layoffs, Activision confirm
https://www.pcgamer.com/spyro-and-crash-studio-toys-for-bob-is-now-supporting-call-of-duty-warzone/
A spokesperson for Activision has refuted allegations that Toys For Bob's pivot towards supporting Call Of Duty: Warzone had resulted in mass layoffs, as suggested by one former employee.
"Reports of layoffs at Toys For Bob are incorrect," the spokesperson told PC Gamer via email. "There has not been a reduction in personnel recently at the studio. The development team is operating fully and has a number of full-time job openings at this time. The studio is excited to continue supporting Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, and more recently provide additional development support to Call of Duty: Warzone.”

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic may launch on June 1
https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-the-burning-crusade-classic-may-launch-on-june-1/
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic's return to Outland will begin on June 1, according to leaked Battle.net screenshots surfaced this week.
Appearing on Reddit and spotted by Wowhead, a number of players have reportedly been served notices announcing The Burning Crusade's launch date this summer. That tracks with existing news that the expansion would arrive this year, following a currently-ongoing beta.

Outriders armour has been bugging out, but there's a simple solution
https://www.pcgamer.com/outriders-armour-has-been-bugging-out-but-theres-a-simple-solution/
If you've been noticing you're getting absolutely destroyed in Outriders expeditions recently, you're not the only one. Since the latest 1.07 update dropped last week, the game's been having a bit of an issue with armour and survivability. Thankfully one nifty redditor has figured out a quick fix. It's a fix that's done right by the PC gaming community for years now… just simply turn your armour off and on again.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Epic apologizes to Ubisoft for Division 2 fraud rate Epic exhibit DX-3536 from Epic/Apple lawsuit

https://twitter.com/simoncarless/status/1389380584498028544?s=20

"I'm writing to apologize for the shortcomings in our Epic Games store implementation and our Uplay integration.

In the past 48 hours, the rate of fraudulent transactions on Division 2 surpassed 70% and was approaching 90%. Sophisticated hackers were creating Epic accounts, buying Ubisoft games with stolen credit cards, and then selling the linked Uplay accounts faster than we were disabling linked Uplay purchases for fraud.

To stop the fraud, we disabled purchasing of Ubisoft games.

The fault in this situation is entirely Epic's, and all of the minimum revenue guarantees remain in place to ensure our performance."

Full apology is at the link.

Epic’s Borderlands 3 exclusivity deal cost $146 million

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands-3/epic-exclusive-deal

The next 3 weeks is gonna be fun

Intel is Investing in Layered Processors: Foveros Gets $3.5 BILLION

The youtuber is Ian from Anandtech. It was first done with their Lake-Field cpus which were very potato but it sounds like they are at a point where they can start scaling to their higher end CPUs as CPUs with this technology could be out in 2022. Very interesting technology none the less.

[VideoCardz] NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti to be announced on May 31st, launching in June

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-and-rtx-3070-ti-to-be-announced-on-may-31st-launching-in-june

AORUS goes TESLA, announces “Model S” and “Model X” gaming systems with Intel, AMD CPUs and GeForce RTX 3080 GPU

https://videocardz.com/press-release/aorus-goes-tesla-announces-model-s-and-model-x-gaming-systems-with-intel-amd-cpus-and-geforce-rtx-3080-gpu

Sure reminds me of the series X

they better not make saints row five EGS exclusive for peanuts

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.