By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Cheers xD Aye, will load it up with emulators for the first couple of months and a few steam games until there are teardowns and how to's lol.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

The funny thing about that meme is if you read the comments, it will show you how much nonsense there really is and the creator of that meme doesn't actually know anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/olmnlt/please_dont_preorder_this_at_least_wait_for_user/

Steam controller: Got updated plenty, still perfectly functional. Certainly not for most people hence why it flopped.

Steam link: The reason why the hardware got discontinued is because Valve released a software version instead for iOS, MacOS, Linux, Android, tvOS, Android TV and Samsung TV. So instead of forcing you pay for the hardware, it became literally free that can be used on a ton of TVs and devices.

Steam machines: Probably the biggest blunder Valve has done but because the computers are running Steam OS, you install Windows and they will function as normal PCs. This isn't a console situation where if there are no support for it, you don't have options.

Vive: One of the best entries into the VR space and Valve has made a successor known as Index. I don't know why anyone even thinks this is a failure.

Imo you could argue that Valve has had two failures (Steam Controller and Steam Machines) and two successes (Steam Link and Valve Vive/Index). But I think the reaction overall from a lot of PC gamers have been positive for the Deck so I doubt it will be the same as their Steam Machines/Controllers.

I'm amazed at all those upvotes he has, despite his stupid meme.

I do think the Deck will be something of a success, but I already get that feeling that it's going to be a bit irksome to discuss it here, because it's already mocked as a "switch killer" or "doomed to fail like Ouya". It's going to be treated on here much like ppl in general treated the Game Gear (there's already game gear Deck memes already, so the cycle continues I guess), which kinda sucks, because I owned two game gears and it's TV component and thought that system was pretty rad for it's time (still have one left with a few games). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Sakura Knight 2 + 3 but not Part 1?

But how can we enjoy these games without knowing the full story?

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Sakura Knight 2 + 3 but not Part 1?

But how can we enjoy these games without knowing the full story?

Yea it is pretty weird that they are missing that lol

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

AMD Readies Entry Level Ryzen 5 4500, Ryzen 3 4100 & Athlon Gold 4100GE CPUs Based on Zen 2 Architecture

https://wccftech.com/amd-readies-entry-level-ryzen-5-4500-ryzen-3-4100-athlon-gold-4100ge-zen-2-cpus/

Now as these are Zen 2 based, I'll be interested to see how these perform against the rocket lake i3s

Intel vPro roadmap lists Alder Lake mobile and desktop series arriving in Q1 2022

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-vpro-roadmap-lists-alder-lake-mobile-and-desktop-series-arriving-in-q1-2022

AMD Reportedly Planning Zen 4 EPYC Genoa CPUs With HBM Memory To Tackle Intel Sapphire Rapids Xeons

https://wccftech.com/amd-to-offer-zen-4-powered-epyc-genoa-cpus-with-hbm-memory-rumor/

We also have comparison shows between DLSS in Ultra Performance (720p) vs FSR in Ultra Quality (1662p) vs Native (1440p + Sharpening). And the results are quite nutty for DLSS!

Take it with a grain of salt until DF does their comparison. It really does show the difference in technology between them. The best that FSR can do is try to look as close as possible to Native while DLSS can sometimes go above Native. Of course if you have an Nvidia GPU, you can get both! I do hope that at some point, we can have a PC handheld with Nvidia GPUs. Cause imagine being able to use the Steam Deck with Nvidia RTX GPU and having it upscale from 720p to 4k when plugged into a TV. Would be nuts! Even if it costs $100 more, I'd buy that. But the problem now is there is no Nvidia GPU that can go down that low of a wattage but maybe one day. I sure hope Nintendo does that with their Switch 2.

If yall want to have a bit of a laugh today, I suggest reading through this thread:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/do-you-consider-steam-deck-a-console.1613297/

The jist of it is that the OP hates PCs but he is interested in the Steam Deck. So since he pre-ordered the Steam Deck, he is going through mental gymnastics so that he can say he pre-ordered a portable Console instead of a portable PC. It's like some next level facepalm.

Captain_Yuri said:

If yall want to have a bit of a laugh today, I suggest reading through this thread:

The jist of it is that the OP hates PCs but he is interested in the Steam Deck. So since he pre-ordered the Steam Deck, he is going through mental gymnastics so that he can say he pre-ordered a portable Console instead of a portable PC. It's like some next level facepalm.

This is my favorite argument:

He doesn't seem to know that you can map every button with key commands, multimedia functions or scripts. 

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

This is my favorite argument:

He doesn't seem to know that you can map every button with key commands, multimedia functions or scripts. 

Lol yea.

I find some of these other ones funny as well:

It's 2021, why are we still seeing shit like this?.

I know it's Gaf, and I know some ppl on Era spout this crap as well, but it's so very old and stale, that it makes the user look like either a troll or an absolute tard. 

Someone swooped in shortly after to correct them on their comment though, so that's good at least. I just hate seeing stupid comments like "PC doesn't have exclusives" or "PC is only MMO's/RTS" when it really isn't, and it's boring af to even mutter those words these days. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"