By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Ummm....

Steam Deck is coming December 2021

Yeah, I think I'm on board with this. 3 price variants, ability to use your entire Steam library, more power than the Switch for £50 more, better thumbsticks and dual (and likely improved) trackpads, as well as being able to hook it up to your monitor and use like a docked mini PC.

Oh and it uses Steam store, not eshop with it's stupid ass £60-70 a pop games (in relation to Ninty's first or third party deals I mean).

Last edited by Chazore - on 15 July 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Valve made a Switch Pro when Nintendo wouldn't

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

And the best part, we have 3 versions to choose from, not just one at high price. I can't wait to see the benchmarks for this thing. I really hope some ppl testing it play an RTS or two on it and not just fighting/FPS shooters only (would be a poor testbed if most ended up just testing two genres). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And the best part, we have 3 versions to choose from, not just one at high price. I can't wait to see the benchmarks for this thing. I really hope some ppl testing it play an RTS or two on it and not just fighting/FPS shooters only (would be a poor testbed if most ended up just testing two genres). 

The crazy part is, this effectively snapped every PC handheld out of existence.

GPD Win 3 costs $799 starting and final price if you didn't pay during their indiegogo is $1000. Aya Neo starts at $699! The GPD Win 3 comes with Intel where as the Aya Neo comes with Vega GPU.

This fucker has RDNA 2! That's nuts!!! 1.6 TF RDNA 2 in a portable is insane! Especially for $529 (everyone should be skipping the eMMC $400 nonsense)

Gabe today:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

GPD Win 3 costs $799 starting and final price if you didn't pay during their indiegogo is $1000. Aya Neo starts at $699! The GPD Win 3 comes with Intel where as the Aya Neo comes with Vega GPU.

This fucker has RDNA 2! That's nuts!!! 1.6 TF RDNA 2 in a portable is insane! Especially for $529 (everyone should be skipping the eMMC $400 nonsense)

Gabe today:

Gabe with the connections for that hw be like:

Also, as good as those Gp's can be, they have the finnicky OG desktop layout, while this device will have a big picture style layout, making it purely for gaming, which is what most of us want from a gaming handheld device.

Yeah I'd personally skip the first option and go for either the middle or end priced one, because I want higher storage and better storage speed at the end of the day.

The fact we can hook this lil thing up to our monitors and use M+K is making it one hell of a bargain. I have a feeling Switch 2 is gonna cost like £100 or 200 more and be a slight jump up from the Switch, so I'm far more likely to go for this one, especially given ninty's horrible backcompat/VC track record. I can use this device with my entire Steam library, meaning I don't have to dump a load of money for any first party (For real, I only own like 1-3 1st party Switch games, because the vast majority offered are either way too steep in price for me, or completely not what I want in terms of genres).

Around the Network

Wow amazing specs for the price and form factor. Ngl I'm awfully tempted!

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Gabe today:

Gabe with the connections for that hw be like:

Also, as good as those Gp's can be, they have the finnicky OG desktop layout, while this device will have a big picture style layout, making it purely for gaming, which is what most of us want from a gaming handheld device.

Yeah I'd personally skip the first option and go for either the middle or end priced one, because I want higher storage and better storage speed at the end of the day.

The fact we can hook this lil thing up to our monitors and use M+K is making it one hell of a bargain. I have a feeling Switch 2 is gonna cost like £100 or 200 more and be a slight jump up from the Switch, so I'm far more likely to go for this one, especially given ninty's horrible backcompat/VC track record. I can use this device with my entire Steam library, meaning I don't have to dump a load of money for any first party (For real, I only own like 1-3 1st party Switch games, because the vast majority offered are either way too steep in price for me, or completely not what I want in terms of genres).

Yea the best part about this was this is the one area PC gaming was missing. You had to look for random Chinese and overpay to get one. Now we have a First Party handheld for once on PC that fills that itch! Can't wait to pre-order tomorrow!

IGN has a hands on look at it - https://www.ign.com/articles/steam-deck-hands-on-impressions-details-valve-handheld-gaming-pc

Last edited by hinch - on 15 July 2021

A few more things that I wanted to say about this...

This is the first handheld that I am aware of that is more powerful than a base ps4. Heck with Zen 3 and RDNA 2, it should be a lot more powerful.

And secondly, which is the bigger point is that... Because it's a PC, you don't have to worry about it being a Vita situation where if it flops, you will still have games coming to it. And because it's RDNA 2 and Zen 2, it has support for all the latest technologies! Not to mention, this feels like it's made for Windows 11 and all it's new touchscreen stuff!

hinch said:

IGN has a hands on look at it - https://www.ign.com/articles/steam-deck-hands-on-impressions-details-valve-handheld-gaming-pc

Ngl but that whole setup+minimalist dock looks hella dope.

I'd def wanna use one of those for on the go travel.