By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

A few more news items... For better or for worse...

Battlefield 2042 Pricing revealed

https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2021/Battlefield-2042-Marks-the-Return-of-All-Out-Warfare-in-New-Unmatched-Epic-Scale-Experience/default.aspx

"Battlefield 2042 is available now for pre-order and is set to launch on retail and digital storefronts on October 22 for $59.99 on Xbox® One, PlayStation®4, and PC, and $69.99 on Xbox® Series X and S and PlayStation®5. EA Play members get a 10-hour trial starting Oct 15, 2021. EA Play members and players who pre-order will receive early access to the Open Beta**. Players who pre-order have three different editions to choose from, including the Battlefield 2042 Gold Edition for $89.99 on PC and $99.99 on console, or the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition for $109.99 on PC or $119.99 on console"

If you thought paying $60 was already too much for a multiplayer only game... The next gen console users get to pay $70 for the same experience!

"*128 players and massive-scale maps only available on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation®5. Xbox One and PlayStation®4 are capped at 64 players and reduced map sizes."

Ethereum 2.0 Delayed Until 2022

https://outline.com/RWtBqC

This means that Proof of Stake is also delayed until next year which = mining continues

Samsung Preps PCIe 4.0 and 5.0 SSDs With 176-Layer V-NAND

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-envisions-1000-layer-v-nand

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Battlefield games mostly multiplayer? I memory serves me right, single-player campaigns are kind of new and, in most cases, only good to get used to the new weapons and maps.

The price and all the extra DRMs suck, but it's EA. I'm surprised they don't mention an upgrade plan/cost for the PS4/X1 owners that may get a PS5/XX later.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

stuff like this wants me back in the allied assault days

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Or Call of Duty 1 & 2 (but not 3), before Modern Warfare came and put the multi on front.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Battlefield games mostly multiplayer? I memory serves me right, single-player campaigns are kind of new and, in most cases, only good to get used to the new weapons and maps.

The price and all the extra DRMs suck, but it's EA. I'm surprised they don't mention an upgrade plan/cost for the PS4/X1 owners that may get a PS5/XX later.

Well it's the principle for me. Not even Activision went multiplayer only for Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Cold War. It's not that the next BF is multiplayer only that bothers me though, it's the fact that it's full priced and even more expensive on current gen. And on top, they have paid seasons similar to Call of Duty's battlepass. It feels like they are nickeling and diming like no tomorrow. Sure Battlefield's single player wasn't all that popular but they weren't bad campaigns either.

We will see if they even increased the map count and etc as a result but I don't have much confidence in EA.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Well it's the principle for me. Not even Activision went multiplayer only for Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Cold War. It's not that the next BF is multiplayer only that bothers me though, it's the fact that it's full priced and even more expensive on current gen. And on top, they have paid seasons similar to Call of Duty's battlepass. It feels like they are nickeling and diming like no tomorrow. Sure Battlefield's single player wasn't all that popular but they weren't bad campaigns either.

We will see if they even increased the map count and etc as a result but I don't have much confidence in EA.

Activision tried to kill the single-player part of CoD, hinting that they weren't going to include it in I don't remember which game, and the fan response was so negative that they had to backtrack and do one.

The pricing sucks, I've already said that, but many publishers already said, before the consoles launched, that they would increase the price of their games, with  Sony being one of the first ones to say so. That EA jumps on board with it is a no brainer. What actually surprises me is that they aren't doing the same with the PC version... but that could mean that it has more in common with the PS4/X1 versions (except for the player count) than with the new gen ones.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Activision tried to kill the single-player part of CoD, hinting that they weren't going to include it in I don't remember which game, and the fan response was so negative that they had to backtrack and do one.

The pricing sucks, I've already said that, but many publishers already said, before the consoles launched, that they would increase the price of their games, with  Sony being one of the first ones to say so. That EA jumps on board with it is a no brainer. What actually surprises me is that they aren't doing the same with the PC version... but that could mean that it has more in common with the PS4/X1 versions (except for the player count) than with the new gen ones.

We will see but I think this is more similar to Overwatch situation where consoles had to pay full price while PC had the option of paying the $40 version for effectively the same game. I highly doubt the PC version won't be the same as the PS5/XSX with more graphical upgrades though as it wouldn't make much sense. PC version could be $10 less because on Origin, EA doesn't have to pay additional %. On Epic Games, EA has to pay 12% and on Steam, as it sells more, EA gets to pay less of a % vs afaik, consoles are 30% no matter what.

Overwatch could do that because they get 100% on PC, but EA will have to split some with Epic and Valve but yeah, not as much as on consoles.

Not sure if this works worldwide but you can get Farcry 3, 4 and 5 on Ubisoft Connect for £5.25.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pc-far-cry-3-far-cry-4-far-cry-5-ps525-with-code-at-ubistore-3741820

Add all three to basket and enter "FORWARD" into discount code and voila three games for a bargain!

Last edited by hinch - on 09 June 2021

Very good deal. Thanks for sharing.